Who says plus size girls don't have curves?

Options

Replies

• JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You don't even look 288 you look fabulous dahling!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal topic Op! I absolutely love that you created a thread celebrating curves. I also hear people who say that they are annoyed by plus size women equating themselves with being curvy or "thick", and they feel that these women are being dead wrong about it. Whether obese and curvaceous or thin and curvaceous, people are always going to pick something to criticize you about. Who gives two sh*ts what they think?? Confidence is hot no matter what body shape/size you are, and you, op, are a great example of that.

Unhealthy is unhealthy and no amount of confidence can change that

Excuse me but are you a doctor? How dare you assume anybody is unhealthy? Give your head a shake.

I'm 249 pounds with BP of 110/68, Total cholesterol of 142 with optimal ldl:hdl. Optimal liver enzymes, optimal vitamin levels, fasting glucose of 72 and very little visceral fat surrounding my organs. Both of my MORBIDLY obese grandmothers lived happily and independently into their 90's and died of conditions completely unrelated to their obesity.... I definitely recognize that if I need to choose between obese and normal, I'd choose normal.. it's the healthier option.. but I get pretty annoyed when people assume that I'm soooooo unhealthy due to my size. Losing the weight will make me even healthier but don't anyone assume that I'm on death's doorstep because I'm morbidly obese!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal topic Op! I absolutely love that you created a thread celebrating curves. I also hear people who say that they are annoyed by plus size women equating themselves with being curvy or "thick", and they feel that these women are being dead wrong about it. Whether obese and curvaceous or thin and curvaceous, people are always going to pick something to criticize you about. Who gives two sh*ts what they think?? Confidence is hot no matter what body shape/size you are, and you, op, are a great example of that.

You can be unhealthy and thin. You do know that right?

This post is not about health status. It's about women being confident in their curves.

Just because you hated being plus size doesn't mean other women should.

No they shouldnt and if they are so confident then my words should not bother them either.

More shaming. I find that so disgusting. People have a hard enough time building their self esteem and loving themselves even when they get to their goal weight/size. Learning to love 'themselves" isn't an excuse to not get healthy. Getting fit isn't just a physical thing, it is a mental thing.

If you hate yourself or others that are taking positive steps in their mental health by accepting themselves, then I think maybe you should seek counseling because that has to be a horrible way to live. Please seek help and learn to be happy :flowerforyou:

Also, for people that have taken to body shaming, being judgmental on others (like transsexuals), and trying to down on others improved self-esteem....I can only hope your children turn out better.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Excuse me but are you a doctor? How dare you assume anybody is unhealthy? Give your head a shake.

I dont have to be a doctor to know that being overweight in unhealthy and you are fooling yourself by saying that it isnt. I believe u can be overweight and relatively healthy for a short time but it will and does catch up. I only shake my head at unhealthy people justifying their condition by referring to themselves as "curvy" or "husky"

What is TRULY sexy is acknowledging your condition and working to change it.

I am over weight and no where near unhealthy. Everything is perfect not that I have anything to prove to you. I am bettering myself because I want to feel good about myself. No matter how much weight I lose I will always be curvy as it is my body type. I think you need to shut up and let people love themselves because belonging to this site obviously means people are taking steps to better their health.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    2w4jo0j.jpg

Down 13 pounds in 3 weeks and feeling great!!!

Look at them curves! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Maracuya77
    Maracuya77 Posts: 23
    Options
    You look cute!! Thanks for sharing. Rock the curves, sister! I'm 246 and rocking mine and getting in shape at the same time. You have to love yourself throughout the process.. ; )
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

This post is not about health status. It's about women being confident in their curves.

No they shouldnt and if they are so confident then my words should not bother them either.

More shaming. I find that so disgusting. People have a hard enough time building their self esteem and loving themselves even when they get to their goal weight/size. Learning to love 'themselves" isn't an excuse to not get healthy. Getting fit isn't just a physical thing, it is a mental thing.

If you hate yourself or others that are taking positive steps in their mental health by accepting themselves, then I think maybe you should seek counseling because that has to be a horrible way to live. Please seek help and learn to be happy :flowerforyou:

Also, for people that have taken to body shaming, being judgmental on others (like transsexuals), and trying to down on others improved self-esteem....I can only hope your children turn out better.

Stop bullshi**ing yourself and get on the reality train here
    life isnt roses and the truth is the truth

No, I'm not bsing myself. Ask people who have had success dropping a large amount of weight and maintaining. they'll even tell you they had to struggle to learn to love themselves and recommend to others to take time to learn to be positive about one's self. And the truth you think you are spouting actually reeks of self-loathing. I can only hope for that it doesn't leak out in your life to others and I really hope you find happiness with you :flowerforyou:
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Here's the deal, The OP wanted to show off her beautiful waistline and point out that big CAN be beautiful. Personally, I hated being called a BBW when I knew I was really just Obese. BUT~I didnt have an hourglass waistline when I was at my heaviest weight. If I had, maybe I would have felt a little better about the whole thing. It comes down to body shape. I looked like a 10 month prego lady, not hot in any way. 50 lbs down and VOILA a waistline. I feel SO much better now, and a helluva lot sexier. Do I still have lots of work YES, but thats because I want to be healthy too. There are plenty of men that would like my body now, but its about what I like today. But again, had I looked even remotely like the OP at my heaviest I would have been proud to wear the label of BBW :)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

I dont have to be a doctor to know that being overweight in unhealthy and you are fooling yourself by saying that it isnt. I believe u can be overweight and relatively healthy for a short time but it will and does catch up. I only shake my head at unhealthy people justifying their condition by referring to themselves as "curvy" or "husky"

What is TRULY sexy is acknowledging your condition and working to change it.

Maybe you missed the earlier post (a couple of pages ago) … The OP didn't say she was going to stay where she was, she's working on getting to a healthier weight.

So are pretty much all the other women on this site, I assume, or why else would they be here?

But I LOVE all the confidence I'm seeing from the women who posted their curvy pictures. Just because you feel confident in your skin doesn't mean you don't want to continue to work on it. On the other side of it, no amount of skinny (or curvy, or whatever else is your goal) will cure a self-hate of ones body.

KUDOS to all the curvy, slim, straight, hour-glass, pear, apple, reached-their-goal, and work-in-progress women who have contributed to the POSITVITY of this thread.
    Options

I'm 249 pounds with BP of 110/68, Total cholesterol of 142 with optimal ldl:hdl. Optimal liver enzymes, optimal vitamin levels, fasting glucose of 72 and very little visceral fat surrounding my organs. Both of my MORBIDLY obese grandmothers lived happily and independently into their 90's and died of conditions completely unrelated to their obesity.... I definitely recognize that if I need to choose between obese and normal, I'd choose normal.. it's the healthier option.. but I get pretty annoyed when people assume that I'm soooooo unhealthy due to my size.

You may not be now but you will be. You're not your grandparents so dont count on those statistics. All that wear and tear on your body and organs from the extra padding. But hey if you want to prance around and call yourself curvy and embrace it and hope people think it is beautiful more power to ya, and chances are some people do think it is hot. I am just not one of those people. I will be a good friend and tell you that you are overweight, I love you, lets work on this together so I can ensure we have a long happy healthy friendship. No one is expected to be a supermodel or rail thin, just a normal healthy weight.

Why are you even on this thread since you clearly missed the entire point of it? TROLL
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options

KUDOS to all the curvy, slim, straight, hour-glass, pear, apple, reached-their-goal, and work-in-progress women who have contributed to the POSITVITY of this thread.

^^^ THIS!
    Options

Maybe you missed the earlier post (a couple of pages ago) … The OP didn't say she was going to stay where she was, she's working on getting to a healthier weight.

So are pretty much all the other women on this site, I assume, or why else would they be here?

But I LOVE all the confidence I'm seeing from the women who posted their curvy pictures. Just because you feel confident in your skin doesn't mean you don't want to continue to work on it. On the other side of it, no amount of skinny (or curvy, or whatever else is your goal) will cure a self-hate of ones body.

THIS
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Stop bullshi**ing yourself and get on the reality train here
    life isnt roses and the truth is the truth

Truth being the truth, body fat % is much greater indicator of health than over all weight. You can be at a "healthy weight", but still be in the same risk catagory as being obese. Visceral fat being a key indicator. Based on the one picture you have there, I would say you probably shouldn't be talking so much smack.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

I'm 249 pounds with BP of 110/68, Total cholesterol of 142 with optimal ldl:hdl. Optimal liver enzymes, optimal vitamin levels, fasting glucose of 72 and very little visceral fat surrounding my organs. Both of my MORBIDLY obese grandmothers lived happily and independently into their 90's and died of conditions completely unrelated to their obesity.... I definitely recognize that if I need to choose between obese and normal, I'd choose normal.. it's the healthier option.. but I get pretty annoyed when people assume that I'm soooooo unhealthy due to my size.

You may not be now but you will be. You're not your grandparents so dont count on those statistics. All that wear and tear on your body and organs from the extra padding. But hey if you want to prance around and call yourself curvy and embrace it and hope people think it is beautiful more power to ya, and chances are some people do think it is hot. I am just not one of those people. I will be a good friend and tell you that you are overweight, I love you, lets work on this together so I can ensure we have a long happy healthy friendship. No one is expected to be a supermodel or rail thin, just a normal healthy weight.

Why do you constantly assume that because someone is confident and happy in their skin, they are staying where they are? No where did she say that she wasn't losing weight. She said she'll chose normal over obese any day. And, according to her profile, she's working on it. Hard. Daily.

I'm just starting to learn to like my body. It's not perfect. I'm still working on it. But I've realized it's as important to love myself now as when I reach gw. Self esteem and self acceptance must be independent from the numbers, be it scale, bf%, or inches. Because if you base it on the numbers, it's easy-come easy-go, and fast track to ed.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    There is no point to being unkind. It is not motivating, in fact it can be paralyzing. I'm probably older than many, if not all of you. Character is important, if not THE MOST important trait. All else pales, you will learn this when you are older. At that point it might be too late.