Two questions about McDonald's - (real food? burger meat?)

Options

Replies

• scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Well I heard that it was made of tofu but unless you work there or make the actual meat that is distributed or test it I don't think you will actually know. So until that happens I am considering it delicious. lol
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    They are advertised as 100% beef. Just doesn't mention which part of the beef (*kitten* lips is my educated guess.)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    chicken-mcnuggets-ingredients-big.jpg
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i don't know how people can eat mcdonalds. It smells and tastes like terrible quality chemical enriched food to me. Pretty much the only fast food place I don't like lol
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not nutritious = not real food.

nutritious can be a very vague word...
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    In for a side of Puppy McNuggets.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    oh, also "in" to be "in" the "in" crowd :laugh:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

If McDonald's has no nutritional value why do they print the nutritional info on the serving sheets?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

ZOMG i love softserve!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

If McDonald's has no nutritional value why do they print the nutritional info on the serving sheets?

original.gif
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Is this about that time I ate a kid's plastic McDonalds food? Who are you to define what is real or not? Sarte?
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    In general, I think people wonder about and object to things like the pink slime they stopped using last year. It's cheap, mass produced food of the lowest quality and if there's a corner to be cut -- like bulking the meat with pink slime or using a "canola blend oil" which is canola, soy bean and they don't say what else (which I have to admit is worrying lol) -- they're going to do it.

I like to put foods into boxes so to me it's not "real food" -- it's crap you eat occasionally.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Is this about that time I ate a kid's plastic McDonalds food? Who are you to define what is real or not? Sarte?

^ This may be the first time that I've Jean-Paul Sarte referenced in one of these threads. Hitler? check. Aristotle? check. Sarte? Okay, NOW, check. I think we're done here.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Jokes aside ...

I recently had a Hot n' Spicy McChicken sandwich at McDonalds. When I logged it (and I went to McDonalds website to confirm), I noticed it had 22g of sugar. I'm IN this thread for knowledge, maybe someone can explain why a chicken sandwich has as much sugar as the fountain soda.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    From McDonald's website (in re. their cheeseburgers):

"A juicy 100% beef patty simply seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper, melty American cheese, tangy pickles, minced onions, ketchup and mustard."

McDonald’s and several other chains recently stopped using the “pink slime” in their beef, but the majority of fast food beef comes from concentrated agricultural feeding operation (CAFO) cows. So, it's not so much what goes into the beef patty that's at issue, but what goes into these industrial grade cows.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    McD food is full of chemicals.

Chugging my bottle of dihydrogen monoxide ovah here! Mmm chemicals.

You are going to die.

Please add Nostradamus to my earlier list.
  • awkwardly8
    awkwardly8 Posts: 10
    Options

ZOMG i love softserve!

Mmmm delicious extra thick strawberry milkshake. I will have a side of the chocolate chip mocha shake thingy with it.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My Dad always used to say it was made out of frogs legs.... that might have been Carl's JR though...
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    In because there is no way this could go awry.