Two questions about McDonald's - (real food? burger meat?)

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    We already know that it's made of pink slime, which includes meat and **** knows what else. I imagine it's similar to the "animal fat" or "animal digests" in pet foods, which consists of rendered dogs and cats amongst other parts of various animals. Sure it's meat, but I wouldn't feed it to my pets any more so than I would eat McDonald's burgers.

I believe people's imaginations may be part of the misinformation problem.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Oh and IN...

n Out...

is vastly superior.

^^This, but McDonald's will work in a pinch
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    its all dragon meat
  • lahlstephens
    lahlstephens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If I am going to eat a hamburger and French fries, then I am going to eat REAL food and go to Red Robin (best burgers anywhere) or somewhere similar!!! Make it worth it!!!
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    its all dragon meat

Man Daenerys Targaryen is gonna be pissed off.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I've seen a McEmployee or two chasing cattle around the parking lot out back...
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    If I am going to eat a hamburger and French fries, then I am going to eat REAL food and go to Red Robin (best burgers anywhere) or somewhere similar!!! Make it worth it!!!

What, in your opinion, makes Red Robin burgers more real than McDonald's burgers? Or what makes McDonald's burgers less real? (...if you prefer to take that approach.)

ETA: (Personally, I agree that Red Robin burgers taste much better than McDonald's, but it could be the sauces/condiments more than anything else. That new Wolverine burger is really good...almost as good as my favorite, the Bonzai burger. That said, I don't consider it any more "real" than a McDonald's burger and suspect the nutrition is very similar.)
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I think its real meat...

not the best quality but real meat...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    We already know that it's made of pink slime, which includes meat and **** knows what else. I imagine it's similar to the "animal fat" or "animal digests" in pet foods, which consists of rendered dogs and cats amongst other parts of various animals. Sure it's meat, but I wouldn't feed it to my pets any more so than I would eat McDonald's burgers.

It isn't made of pink slime. http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    604754a0c8808a009b13a644543d17f5.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I literally LedOL.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    its all dragon meat

Eastern or Western dragon?
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    In for Shamrock Shakes.

^^^This. Totally. AND...Eggnog shakes.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    It's not real food it's crack on a bun. I ate like 6 double cheeseburgers the other day....

and no f*cks were given

:wink:
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    A lot of dissent, but no actual answers.

I'm sure someone said. McDonalds burgers = beef + salt + pepper
    But but but!!! We need a common enemy to keep the Kingdom of MFP united. And you are now telling me that McDonalds are good guys?

Who can we hate if we can't hate McDonalds?!

Dr. Oz?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I literally LedOL.

Me too, and kudos for proper grammar, even though I never use it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    A lot of dissent, but no actual answers.

I'm sure someone said. McDonalds burgers = beef + salt + pepper
    But but but!!! We need a common enemy to keep the Kingdom of MFP united. And you are now telling me that McDonalds are good guys?

Who can we hate if we can't hate McDonalds?!

Dr. Oz?

Dr. Oz.

*nods*
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yes it is 100% beef. Let me temper that - Once all the edible meat is removed from the carcass, the remains are sent to a processing plant. The meat is thrown into a large centrifuge which breaks the final bit of meat off. At this stage, because of the levels of e-coli and salmonella, it is classed as animal-grade beef.

They then wash it in ammonia to kill off all the nasties. As This is a "process" rather than an ingredient, the ammonia doesn't have to be declared. However up to 15% of your mcdonalds burger (and any other large chain) contains this sub-par and chemically altered "beef".

I know 15% doesn't sound like a lot, but bbbllllleeeuuuurrggggghhhhhh!!!!

Ignoring the fact that they don't use this product in their beef, and the fact that "animal-grade beef" isn't an actual thing, where is the "chemically altered" part? The cutting, or the washing?
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    I work at mcdonalds and I stay away from the food I only eat salads and parfett there I see the grease traps when they dump it out and clean it pretty gross when I see that im like omg look at all that grease that everyone eats
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I work at mcdonalds and I stay away from the food I only eat salads and parfett there I see the grease traps when they dump it out and clean it pretty gross when I see that im like omg look at all that grease that everyone eats

If everyone eats it, how is it in the traps?