3 minute burpees! How many can u do?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    Not a real burpee without the push-up and jump.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »

Agreed.

Getting like-for-like burpee counts was always going to be a challenge in itself, so I wouldn't die in a ditch over any of this. I did mine as per the demonstration in the vid I posted earlier, including the admittedly sloppy handclap! :wink:
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Certainly feel real enough without!*

*push ups and I are working on our admittedly rocky relationship
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

I can't believe the squiggly thing I do in lieu of a push-up doesn't count. I go all the way down (stop snickering) and get all the way back up, and there's always a jump. Not real? I'm hurt. (not really)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »

I can't believe the squiggly thing I do in lieu of a push-up doesn't count. I go all the way down (stop snickering) and get all the way back up, and there's always a jump. Not real? I'm hurt. (not really)

I'd take a jump over a push up IMHO.

You can do chest to floor without making it a traditional "push up"- i.e. you get down in front leaning rest- THEN do a push up- vs what the guy in the video above did- which was just hit the effing deck.

I think the jump UP is more important than the push up in terms of "what sucks worse" and makes this more whole body.

I'd prioritize the jump first- then the push up.

I did 3 x 12 deadlifts and OHP. IMHO_ that's more than enough cardio to get me through the month. So I'm still working on that whole napping challenge.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I guess once people who are actually very fit came and did the challenge, OP realised he wasn't quite at that level and got shy.

Don't worry OP, we won't mock you mercilessly, we promise!

And no, I still haven't done it either. I currently have a sharing my sleep space with a cat related groin injury (I wish I was joking and no it's not saucy!).
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I guess once people who are actually very fit came and did the challenge, OP realised he wasn't quite at that level and got shy.

And no, I still haven't done it either. I currently have a sharing my sleep space with a cat related groin injury (I wish I was joking and no it's not saucy!).

Those cats can take up a lot of space. I have a queen sized bed and only get about a foot of space on one side. I don't know how he manages to take over the rest. Heal quickly.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Those cats can take up a lot of space. I have a queen sized bed and only get about a foot of space on one side. I don't know how he manages to take over the rest. Heal quickly.

He's a huge beast of a cat (7.5kg and not fat) but really the problem, particularly now it's winter, is his need to be glued to me at all times and his refusal to move when I need to rearrange. So at some point I've moved awkwardly in my sleep and woken up with a slight pull in my leg. Pesky felines! He is nice and warm though.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

He's a huge beast of a cat (7.5kg and not fat) but really the problem, particularly now it's winter, is his need to be glued to me at all times and his refusal to move when I need to rearrange. So at some point I've moved awkwardly in my sleep and woken up with a slight pull in my leg. Pesky felines! He is nice and warm though.

Sounds like mine. I stopped letting the cats in my room at night. I couldn't move at all. Dog on one side, cat on the other, and another cat on top of me. It would take great effort to roll over, and when I did, there was furry critters flying everywhere. :laugh:
  • Sara1791
    Options

I had a cat once who would ride the waves of my comforter - no matter how I tossed and turned, there he was stuck like glue. Worse are the cats that think feet under covers are better than tuna.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I find them a comfort, for the most part. The baby of the group (I have three) was a bed mice FIEND but has mostly grown out of it now so my toes are safe-ish. She does stage an ambush now and again though!
  • Sara1791
    Options
    I find them a comfort, for the most part. The baby of the group (I have three) was a bed mice FIEND but has mostly grown out of it now so my toes are safe-ish. She does stage an ambush now and again though!
    I love them too. I write this now with my little old man cat snuggled beside me.