• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Still no burpees? Lame.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Still no burpees? Lame.

I got burpees from Pepsi today. Mine are done!

nailed-it-funny-pictures.jpg

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Oh they are so adorable. I love that pink outfit
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

There is no way to say this without sounding mean, but I'm going to anyway. She looks like a loofa.

Lol, am going to start a Mean people's thread tommorrow
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

There is no way to say this without sounding mean, but I'm going to anyway. She looks like a loofa.

Lol, am going to start a Mean people's thread tommorrow

Sweet! I've never had one specifically for me. Although, I am sure I've been partial inspiration for a few. :laugh:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Still no burpees? Lame.

Its thursday!!!! OP is doing his burpees today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    cchv0qx0dkfu.jpg

And excellent fitness test

I am already a master at this. Finally, my talents are recognised!
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Still no burpees? Lame.

I await with baited breath.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Completed: Here's how mine went: Warmup: 10min easy jog, Bodyweight Squats 3x25, Push-Ups 3x25, Swiss Ball Crunches 1x50 - Burpees: 55 (HR:149bpm)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Completed: Here's how mine went: Warmup: 10min easy jog, Bodyweight Squats 3x25, Push-Ups 3x25, Swiss Ball Crunches 1x50 - Burpees: 55 (HR:149bpm)

Gauntlet thrown! Where's OP?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Dude, you just beat everyone in Men's Health EVER.... 52 was the high score....
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    55?! Holy shiznit. You must go like the proverbial off a shovel!

I had a burpee variation in my workout today (plank jack at the bottom), it was four 20 second intervals with 10 seconds between. I got 4 in each interval, so 16. Extrapolate x 3 would be 48 but I strongly suspect I'd only do about half because exhaustion and sloppy. Maybe 30 at a push. And without push up.

Still not going to actually try though because 3 minutes of burpees would be horrible.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Knees to Chest? Just tested it...I can do approximately one in three minutes.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Well, it took me about 10.5 minutes to do 100 burpees, so I guess that puts me at 28 in 3 minutes. Meh.
    (Note – for burpees I kind of fall to the ground/chest, rather than do a slow, controlled push-up. If I had to do a REAL push-up, then I could do maybe…. 2?)
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I totally didn't remember that I was planning on doing this until I was finishing my circuit. I was smoked and running late at that point. My bad. Tomorrow.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    If it's true that a push-up is roughly equivalent to benching 60% of bodyweight, then I'm at least two months away from being able to do even one good form burpee.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I do sets of 10-six counts w/2 additional exercises each set; the burpees take about 45 seconds. The key is constant movement - THATs what will wear your @$$ out.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Still no burpees? Lame.

I am officially doing the nap challenge stating today... I will get the one burpee done sometime today.

I might even try my day 1 nap challenge to include day 1 through day 15 and see how that goes.. But only one burpee though, I might exhaust myself and have to repeat the nap cycle.
  • annapascoe
    annapascoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never done 3 mins max burpees before, but I've tested 7 mins max burpees before and got 103, and 1 minute max burpees and got 19. I'd like to do this challenge, but would prob prefer to do the 7 minute one again to try and beat my old score. Totally agree that lifting, running, etc should form parts of your all-round regime and that burpees are in no way the definitive marker, even though they're my fave!
    The 1 minute max I do every few weeks out of interest. Perhaps I'll hold out on doing the 3 min challenge until the OP has posted his score ;)