Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    edena001 wrote: »
    You don't like peanut butter but do you like nuts? Um Greek yogurt?

Yeah Greek yogurt is something I tend to have, but again they're all very filling so shall I just force myself to eat more when I'm already full?

You're full all day and night? If you are too full at meals you can eat it as a snack a few hours after your meal.

Yes essentially - I eat when I get hungry. I ate at around 6 tonight, it's now 00:30 am and I'm still not hungry.

When are you going to bed?

I usually go to bed before 12am (not tonight my sleeping schedule is a bit out this week) and then I'm waking up about 8am 9am

I agree with singingflutelady. Eat some yogurt now.

You can't continue to do this.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    These "can't eat all my calories" posts have always confused me. If you are finding it hard to eat 1200 calories, then how did you get a weight problem?

Just to fill you in
    - no exercise
    - Wrong type of foods
    - Changed unhealthy filling foods for healthy filling foods that are way below half calories.

2 pieces of bread and ham fill you for 6 hours?

Right?? How?
  • edena001
    edena001 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    What's a normal day of eating like for you?

Rarely have / have much for breakfast (I know it's bad) if I do then usually Mellon or oatmeal

Lunch usually a sandwich, ham no butter and ketchup. If not then beans on toast. Either of them only comes up to like 300 calories. Always brown bread

Then for dinner usually chicken, spinach, mushrooms, carrots or sweet potato. Usually variations of that.

I don't know what else I can add without forcing myself to eat huge amounts.
    I usually eat extremely slowly if that factors into anything?

You don't necessarily need to eat breakfast but it's a good idea usually. But you can skip it and have a snack at mid morning or make lunch your first meal... I still don't see how this can be enough, i would be very very hungry, but then I'm one of those eat every 2-3 hours type of people. I never eat huge amounts but my meals and snacks are between 250 to 350 calories but I just eat more often than you do- 5 to 6 times a day. Are you at least getting enough protein daily? If not you could add in a protein shake- those are easy to drink. You could have one with breakfast or in the afternoon between lunch and dinner.

Yeah maybe it's got to do with my schedule ? Have lectures so eating every 2-3 hours wouldn't be possible. I'll suppose I'll just have to add in some snacks when I'm not hungry to try and reach the goal
  • edena001
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    These "can't eat all my calories" posts have always confused me. If you are finding it hard to eat 1200 calories, then how did you get a weight problem?

Just to fill you in
    - no exercise
    - Wrong type of foods
    - Changed unhealthy filling foods for healthy filling foods that are way below half calories.

2 pieces of bread and ham fill you for 6 hours?

Right?? How?

Usually have lunch around 2, school lunches used to be around 1:20 so I've never really got out of the habit of a late lunch, so yeah fills me up.
    Because of a throat problem I have to eat sandwiches extremely slowly, I've heard eating small /slow fills you up quicker and more so maybe that?
  • edena001
    Options
    And you shouldn't be doing strenuous exercise if you are only eating 900 as you will drive your calorie level way too low.

Generally do only 300-500 Cals at the gym then Strength, is that too strenuous ?
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    You could add cheese to your sandwich- that's like 100 calories right there. Have rice with dinner, that's another 150 calories...
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Are you using oil to cook your chicken and veggies dinner and not counting it? Cuz oil is like 120 calories per tablespoon
  • edena001
    Options
    Are you using oil to cook your chicken and veggies dinner and not counting it? Cuz oil is like 120 calories per tablespoon
    Make sure to count that when I use it - but I usually use the George Forman
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating 900 calories a day, and how much weight have you lost? (Just asking for a reality check on whether your logging is accurate.)
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    I hope you're at least taking vitamins because your diet probably lacks micronutrients too, not just calories
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    OP - I can't offer any more to this.

Good luck!
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    How long have you been aiming for the new calorie target?

I think it's fine to have a day or 2 below goal.....if there are other times that balance it out. Some days I am just not hungry, other days I am.
    But those calories are your target with the deficit for weight loss already included - it really is important to reach that.

Maybe mayonnaise on your sandwiches, creamy dressings on salads or sprinkling of Parmesan over some meals could help bump the calories up.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    And you shouldn't be doing strenuous exercise if you are only eating 900 as you will drive your calorie level way too low.

Generally do only 300-500 Cals at the gym then Strength, is that too strenuous ?

OP really whats going on?

You can exercise and perform strength training enough to burn 300-500 calories, what are you doing in strength training that burns that much..

ANd then you eat so little, not hungry, picky eater, etc etc.. something does not add up with all of this.. I promise I am not trying to be snarky, but the truth be told, something does not add up..

Agreed. The amount you're reporting eating is not enough to fuel your stated activity level.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Well you could open your diary for a moment too..
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I hope you're at least taking vitamins because your diet probably lacks micronutrients too, not just calories

And fats too