• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    edena001 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    And you shouldn't be doing strenuous exercise if you are only eating 900 as you will drive your calorie level way too low.

Generally do only 300-500 Cals at the gym then Strength, is that too strenuous ?

OP really whats going on?

You can exercise and perform strength training enough to burn 300-500 calories, what are you doing in strength training that burns that much..

ANd then you eat so little, not hungry, picky eater, etc etc.. something does not add up with all of this.. I promise I am not trying to be snarky, but the truth be told, something does not add up..

I don't count burning calories from strength training as in my mind there's no real way to calculate it? So nothing in strength training it's all in the cardio.
    I'm not sure what doesn't add up? As I explained before this I ate junk food constantly and fizzy drinks. I went off that over the summer and now starting a healthier eating I don't wanna just shove down a chocolate bar or brioche as that makes me feel demotivated because it's too much it's lazy food that makes me feel like I want to be lazy?

Okay, so you're highly motivated right now.

You're young.

You're going overboard and you need to stop and do this sensibly and stop acting like you know everything and take some advice.

Put some cheese on your damned sandwich and some olive oil on your dinner vegetables.

You're not full for six hours on a plain ham sandwich. You're just zealous about your new life. It will pass.

You're also not burning what the cardio machines at the gym say. And you need to eat back about half of what they say anyway.

That's me, giving you the last ounce of my patience for teenagers today.

I'm not a teenager for one.
    I don't like cheese sandwiches so I won't be adding it to that, I do add it when I have pasta or something.
    I am full for four hours on a sandwich(note not everyone has lunch at 12)
    And I'm aware the cardio machines only give you a rough example of what your burning. Obviously a machine can't be accurate without knowing anything about you.

Nine and teen makes you 19.. still a teen..

Good gracious.. young and teen and knows all there is to know.. i must say no more now..

@GottaBurnEmAll I am bringing butter.. hope that's ok!!!

• edena001
    edena001 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're logging your foods as accurately as you think.

No offense, but you're here because you were eating much more than 1200 a day.

Weigh your food, choose a verified, correct entry.

As stated before - was only snacking, eating junk, fizzy drinks.
    Do the above
  • edena001
    Options
    Current weight?

12st 10 I think that's around 180 ?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    And you shouldn't be doing strenuous exercise if you are only eating 900 as you will drive your calorie level way too low.

Generally do only 300-500 Cals at the gym then Strength, is that too strenuous ?

You can exercise and perform strength training enough to burn 300-500 calories, what are you doing in strength training that burns that much..

ANd then you eat so little, not hungry, picky eater, etc etc.. something does not add up with all of this.. I promise I am not trying to be snarky, but the truth be told, something does not add up..

I don't count burning calories from strength training as in my mind there's no real way to calculate it? So nothing in strength training it's all in the cardio.
    I'm not sure what doesn't add up? As I explained before this I ate junk food constantly and fizzy drinks. I went off that over the summer and now starting a healthier eating I don't wanna just shove down a chocolate bar or brioche as that makes me feel demotivated because it's too much it's lazy food that makes me feel like I want to be lazy?

You're young.

You're going overboard and you need to stop and do this sensibly and stop acting like you know everything and take some advice.

Put some cheese on your damned sandwich and some olive oil on your dinner vegetables.

You're not full for six hours on a plain ham sandwich. You're just zealous about your new life. It will pass.

You're also not burning what the cardio machines at the gym say. And you need to eat back about half of what they say anyway.

I don't like cheese sandwiches so I won't be adding it to that, I do add it when I have pasta or something.
    And I'm aware the cardio machines only give you a rough example of what your burning. Obviously a machine can't be accurate without knowing anything about you.

Your profile says you're 19. That's a teenager.

The comment about putting cheese on your sandwich was meant in the sense that you are complicating things. Don't like cheese? Use mayo. Have crisps. Have a side of veggies and dip. Add something else to the meal.

Stop expecting other people to walk you through this.

The point also with the cardio machines is that thankfully, you're not netting THAT low an amount of calories. But it's still low.

EAT the yogurt now and go to bed.

Do better tomorrow.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    This is reading like you are now anorexic. Be careful you didn't go from one extreme to another :neutral:
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    johunt615 wrote: »

You're young.

One last stab and I am with you.. do you have any popcorn??

Always have popcorn. It's my favorite "lazy" food.

Make your own or do you buy? I need a lower sodium popcorn and I don't have a microwave.

Buy an air popper that will make variable servings. I love mine to bits. I use it every day. I have popcorn every night, it's what helps me stick to my goals during the day. Most nights I do up a bowl of kettle corn. My latest kick is doing it up with pumpkin pie spice.

Awesome!!! Getting one tomorrow what brand is yours?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

You're young.

One last stab and I am with you.. do you have any popcorn??

Always have popcorn. It's my favorite "lazy" food.

Make your own or do you buy? I need a lower sodium popcorn and I don't have a microwave.

Buy an air popper that will make variable servings. I love mine to bits. I use it every day. I have popcorn every night, it's what helps me stick to my goals during the day. Most nights I do up a bowl of kettle corn. My latest kick is doing it up with pumpkin pie spice.

Awesome!!! Getting one tomorrow!

Protip: A quick mist with cooking spray helps stuff stick. I log about a teaspoon of oil for a huge bowl of popcorn, you might use less than that for a smaller bowl. Most people would eat less popcorn than I tend to. I save a lot of calories for how much I like to eat.
  • edena001
    Options

You're young.

The comment about putting cheese on your sandwich was meant in the sense that you are complicating things. Don't like cheese? Use mayo. Have crisps. Have a side of veggies and dip. Add something else to the meal.

The point also with the cardio machines is that thankfully, you're not netting THAT low an amount of calories. But it's still low.

Do better tomorrow.

My profile is incorrect - I'm 20, made this a long time ago I guess I didn't check I put in the right details when I started to reuse my account. Sorry for mistaking you.
    As I said I wanted to know how I could bulk it up or if it was even a bad thing. Not for you to complain.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    This is reading like you are now anorexic. Be careful you didn't go from one extreme to another :neutral:

I am getting that vibe too unfortunately and I've been there and done that so I know where this is going
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

I am getting that vibe too unfortunately and I've been there and done that so I know where this is going

Same here.
  • edena001
    Options

You're young.

Do better tomorrow.

My profile is incorrect - I'm 20, made this a long time ago I guess I didn't check I put in the right details when I started to reuse my account. Sorry for mistaking you.
    As I said I wanted to know how I could bulk it up or if it was even a bad thing. Not for you to complain.

The posts at the beginning were useful suggesting things, attacking me or thinking I'm less just because you think I'm a teenager isn't okay? Just because you're behind a screen. - give advice, move on. Don't like my response not bowing down to you advice? Move on.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

same here.. and feel a little like we are being jerked around.. shhhhh I did not say that...
  • edena001
    Options

Same here.

I'm careful not to be, I've headed that direction before, when I first got this app that was the direction I was going by simply not eating or very little. But I'm not here to try and fool any of you I'm just getting fuller on less calorie foods. I wouldn't say I eat much less than my flatmate does anyway and she's perfectly healthy too
  • edena001
    Options

same here.. and feel a little like we are being jerked around.. shhhhh I did not say that...

On an anon app what would the point of that be?
    If you just assume someone on the internet is telling lies then that may have to do with you, not the person.
    Wouldn't achieve anything, came here for advice.
  • singingflutelady
    Options

You're young.

Do better tomorrow.

The posts at the beginning were useful suggesting things, attacking me or thinking I'm less just because you think I'm a teenager isn't okay? Just because you're behind a screen. - give advice, move on. Don't like my response not bowing down to you advice? Move on.

People have been exceedingly patient giving you advice in this thread. You know eating 900 calories and exercising is unhealthy so add some calorie dense food in. Instead of a low calorie sandwich eat something with more calories.
  • laura2137
    laura2137 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1000 calories per day, and I do too feel full, and yes I force myself to finish my meal, I just take a breather and then finish it off.....like you I don't have breakfast, I find that is works fine for me. My sandwich are made of crusty Italian style bread rolls, ( freeze then cut and slightly toast before filing them). I remove the excess bread dough, and fill them up with all sorts of fresh grated vegs and salad, some protein, 3 olives, spring onion and a sauce, that I change it every day, could be mayo, garlic aioli, a sweet chili aioli, ranch eccetera, I like my panini tasting scrumptious, they are very filling and keeps me full for hrs. I indulge in a treat in the afternoon, I'm having pizza night twice a week, I buy Aldi Casa borselli stone bake pizza and Half a pizza gives me 372 calories add a salad or vegetables with that.....I never fell depraved and I know this life style is for keeps....
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

On an anon app what would the point of that be?
    If you just assume someone on the internet is telling lies then that may have to do with you, not the person.
    Wouldn't achieve anything, came here for advice.

fuller on less calories, really less calories.. there may be something medically wrong then.. I do think you have received about as good advice to help you eat more.. the rest is up to you..
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    laura2137 wrote: »
    I eat about 1000 calories per day, and I do too feel full, and yes I force myself to finish my meal, I just take a breather and then finish it off.....like you I don't have breakfast, I find that is works fine for me. My sandwich are made of crusty Italian style bread rolls, ( freeze then cut and slightly toast before filing them). I remove the excess bread dough, and fill them up with all sorts of fresh grated vegs and salad, some protein, 3 olives, spring onion and a sauce, that I change it every day, could be mayo, garlic aioli, a sweet chili aioli, ranch eccetera, I like my panini tasting scrumptious, they are very filling and keeps me full for hrs. I indulge in a treat in the afternoon, I'm having pizza night twice a week, I buy Aldi Casa borselli stone bake pizza and Half a pizza gives me 372 calories add a salad or vegetables with that.....I never fell depraved and I know this life style is for keeps....

Your sandwich sounds filling, the op eats plain bread and ham so not in the same realm as yours
  • edena001
    Options

You're young.

Do better tomorrow.

People have been exceedingly patient giving you advice in this thread. You know eating 900 calories and exercising is unhealthy so add some calorie dense food in. Instead of a low calorie sandwich eat something with more calories.

ALL I have been doing is asking for advice? Just because I said I didn't like some of the suggested calorie dense food you're getting this mad at me?
    I asked for advice on what to eat. I asked advice on if I should force myself to eat even when full. I asked advice on exercise, I'm unsure of your problem of me asking for advice?
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I'm not mad at you at all. It's just frustrating giving advice which is ignored. We told you why it's unhealthy at the beginning of the thread and you are still asking if it is unhealthy after we already explained it. You have been making tons of excuses. Be like nike and just do it.