Finding it hard to reach calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• Paschen81
    Paschen81 Posts: 150 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Try2again:
    Well no once I get where I want... 155 to 160 lbs I'll increase to 1300 to 1400 and then start increasing my exercise amounts. Right now I don't have time to do more than my 4 to 5 mile walks.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This thread is confusing. I think most are talking to OP, but Paschen is answering, and Paschen you aren't quoting so it's hard to tell if you are replying to specific people.
  • Paschen81
    Options
    Lemurcat12:

My apologies... I'm out. Sorry for the confusion. I was replying to those who quoted me. I'll leave.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Paschen81 wrote: »
    Lemurcat12:

My apologies... I'm out. Sorry for the confusion. I was replying to those who quoted me. I'll leave.

I wasn't at all saying you were doing anything wrong or that you should leave. Just having trouble following the discussion so getting frustrated. It's easier if you quote people, but obviously not required, just a suggestion to make conversation easier.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Lemurcat12:

This post and your statements of being a sugar addict are telling, to me. What I'm seeing is a mindset of giving your power away, to foods, to people... No one suggested you should leave, just that quoting makes it easier to follow the conversation. I'm not judging you (I know it sounds like I am), I have been there, as have many. There are some foods that I still have a difficult time controlling myself around, so they make it into my house less frequently. It took a long time to learn to eat just a single serving of ice cream. When I figured it out, I was so proud of myself, because I felt like I was in control again. You have the control, you just don't realize it right now.
  • Paschen81
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    This post and your statements of being a sugar addict are telling, to me. What I'm seeing is a mindset of giving your power away, to foods, to people... No one suggested you should leave

I did quote... But my "unquoted" messages were truncated. There must be a buffer length set that I went over. Again my apologies for the confusion. I didn't know the quotes nor half of the message was missing until the person commented the confusion. I only meant to leave the thread because I realised I hijacked it and wanted to give the forum back to the Op. Again... Handing the thread back to the OP. Thank you all who replying to me.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    This post and your statements of being a sugar addict are telling, to me. What I'm seeing is a mindset of giving your power away, to foods, to people... No one suggested you should leave

I did quote... But my "unquoted" messages were truncated. There must be a buffer length set that I went over. Again my apologies for the confusion. I didn't know the quotes nor half of the message was missing until the person commented the confusion. I only meant to leave the thread because I realised I hijacked it and wanted to give the forum back to the Op. Again... Handing the thread back to the OP. Thank you all who replying to me.

I haven't seen that happen before, but glitchy app is glitchy...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    After four pages of this, OP: Why not simply add in a bit of the foods that made you overweight in the first place? Surely you know what they are and you obviously liked them or you wouldn't have eaten them in the first place.

Not certain why this is all so complicated.

My theory is that some people think that if they incorporate the foods they used to eat that made them gain weight, then they will quickly regain everything they have lost. It doesn't seem to occur to them to just eat less of those foods. It's and ALL or NOTHING mindset.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    After four pages of this, OP: Why not simply add in a bit of the foods that made you overweight in the first place? Surely you know what they are and you obviously liked them or you wouldn't have eaten them in the first place.

My theory is that some people think that if they incorporate the foods they used to eat that made them gain weight, then they will quickly regain everything they have lost. It doesn't seem to occur to them to just eat less of those foods. It's and ALL or NOTHING mindset.

^^^This BUT because there is soooooooo much misinformation out there.

Go low fat, no do high fat
    eat less carbs, no carbs are fine
    high protein, no high protein is not healthy
    don't eat "bad" foods, no food is "bad"

Hard to blame folks for not know what the heck to do.

Having said that there is time to realize you have a problem (whatever it is) and what you are doing isn't working so listen to folks (within reason) who are offering advice.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    edena001 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »

From what I have read this has been suggested close to 10 times in this thread and has never been answered.

OP you've dismissed all the suggestions about adding things onto your sandwich... how about things with the sandwich. Bowl of soup, bag of chips, hummus with veggies, string cheese, handful of nuts, yogurt.... or eat something that isn't a sandwich.... couple slices of pizza ought to help get those calories up...

Have you looked at the link to the list of calorie dense foods, or the text list of the same foods posted above?

It has been responded to a couple of times actually. For some people it's not as simple as 'I'll just have this small piece' it ends up in much more, so for what is supposed to be an innocent snack can be dangerous.

I've looked and addressed this yesterday

Am I reading you wrong or are you saying that there's nothing in any of the lists I've posted that you can add to your diet to boost your calories?
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    The OP should just have some chocolate. Everyone likes chocolate. :smile: Or ice cream. Sounds like they need some fat in their diet and either would provide it.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

/endthread
  • edena001
    edena001 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

From what I have read this has been suggested close to 10 times in this thread and has never been answered.

OP you've dismissed all the suggestions about adding things onto your sandwich... how about things with the sandwich. Bowl of soup, bag of chips, hummus with veggies, string cheese, handful of nuts, yogurt.... or eat something that isn't a sandwich.... couple slices of pizza ought to help get those calories up...

Have you looked at the link to the list of calorie dense foods, or the text list of the same foods posted above?

It has been responded to a couple of times actually. For some people it's not as simple as 'I'll just have this small piece' it ends up in much more, so for what is supposed to be an innocent snack can be dangerous.

Am I reading you wrong or are you saying that there's nothing in any of the lists I've posted that you can add to your diet to boost your calories?

You're reading it wrong my dear. I said no to the foods that made me fat in the first place, however there's many alternatives in the list you posted from the other thread.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

You're reading it wrong my dear. I said no to the foods that made me fat in the first place, however there's many alternatives in the list you posted from the other thread.

So you do kinda fall into this group:

• edena001
    Options
    Edena, it seems you have a lot of disordered thoughts about your eating. I'd suggest talking to your PCP.

What is PCP? Only version of them words is a horse drug so I'm assuming that's not it
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Edena, it seems you have a lot of disordered thoughts about your eating. I'd suggest talking to your PCP.

What is PCP? Only version of them words is a horse drug so I'm assuming that's not it

My guess would be Primary Care Physician.
  • edena001
    Options

As been stated on this post by a couple of people, they had extra weight to lose because they can't just have a 'little' yes it's to do with will power and you can't just gain will power.
    So for some people, like me it's finding alternative which won't make us want to binge, but still help us reach the calorie goal. The suggestions that have been linked from another thread are full of things people never ate anyway, so are better alternatives than something they're used to binging on.
  • edena001
    Options

Would that be GP in the UK? If so diet is not something they would even accept an appointment for.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

Would that be GP in the UK? If so diet is not something they would even accept an appointment for.

Your doctor won't see you? Change your doctor.