Finding it hard to reach calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    edena001 wrote: »
    Edena, it seems you have a lot of disordered thoughts about your eating. I'd suggest talking to your PCP.

What is PCP? Only version of them words is a horse drug so I'm assuming that's not it

My guess would be Primary Care Physician.

Would that be GP in the UK? If so diet is not something they would even accept an appointment for.

Yes, same thing as a General Practitioner. The United States actually uses both terms. Seems to vary regionally a bit.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Edena, it seems you have a lot of disordered thoughts about your eating. I'd suggest talking to your PCP.

What is PCP? Only version of them words is a horse drug so I'm assuming that's not it

Would that be GP in the UK? If so diet is not something they would even accept an appointment for.

Yes, same thing as a General Practitioner. The United States actually uses both terms. Seems to vary regionally a bit.

We use both terms here (UK) too ;-)
  • edena001
    edena001 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Never used here down south and never heard it in the midlands either.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    After four pages of this, OP: Why not simply add in a bit of the foods that made you overweight in the first place? Surely you know what they are and you obviously liked them or you wouldn't have eaten them in the first place.

Not certain why this is all so complicated.

From what I have read this has been suggested close to 10 times in this thread and has never been answered.

OP you've dismissed all the suggestions about adding things onto your sandwich... how about things with the sandwich. Bowl of soup, bag of chips, hummus with veggies, string cheese, handful of nuts, yogurt.... or eat something that isn't a sandwich.... couple slices of pizza ought to help get those calories up...

Have you looked at the link to the list of calorie dense foods, or the text list of the same foods posted above?

It has been responded to a couple of times actually. For some people it's not as simple as 'I'll just have this small piece' it ends up in much more, so for what is supposed to be an innocent snack can be dangerous.

I've looked and addressed this yesterday

Am I reading you wrong or are you saying that there's nothing in any of the lists I've posted that you can add to your diet to boost your calories?

You're reading it wrong my dear. I said no to the foods that made me fat in the first place, however there's many alternatives in the list you posted from the other thread.

Great! So you just skipped that part of the question. That's good to hear. Have you had a chance to incorporate any more calories in the last couple of days? How's it going?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Not a doctor just for your diet, but to discuss you over all health, what is happening with you as far as you not being hungry and not being able to eat more, perhaps rule out a medical issue that might be happening.. I thought yesterday that you might have something medically causing this, or beginning of a medical condition, you are under eating, it is possible.. Blood work might show some ab normal ranges...

And disordered thinking is something to consider and yes your doctor can help or refer you to another doctor that specializes in this..
  • edena001
    Options

Your doctor won't see you? Change your doctor.

A GP wouldn't talk about nutritional diet, that's why you'd have to see a nutritionist. They won't refer you to one on the nhs's dime unless under extreme circumstances
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

I'm in London. Anyway, your doctor will see you because a) he/she is your doctor, b) they won't know why you're going until you're in the surgery (you don't have to tell them when booking, despite them asking) and c) you're not going about "diet", you're going about disordered thinking.
  • edena001
    edited November 2016
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Not a doctor just for your diet, but to discuss you over all health, what is happening with you as far as you not being hungry and not being able to eat more, perhaps rule out a medical issue that might be happening.. I thought yesterday that you might have something medically causing this, or beginning of a medical condition, you are under eating, it is possible.. Blood work might show some ab normal ranges...

And disordered thinking is something to consider and yes your doctor can help or refer you to another doctor that specializes in this..

I think it comes down to before, when I was gaining weight and in the times I actually cooked meals, I was eating very little, but drinking thousands of calories. Now I'm not drinking them calories it takes it well down so I'm just going to have to teach myself to eat more. I never did eat a lot growing up when it came to home cooked meals.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    edited November 2016
    Options

I think it comes down to before, when I was gaining weight and in the times I actually cooked meals, I was eating very little, but drinking thousands of calories. Now I'm not drinking them calories it takes it well down so I'm just going to have to teach myself to eat more. I never did eat a lot growing up when it came to home cooked meals.

You are dancing around everyone tonight.. you are not answering any ones questions etc... :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well, if drinking calories is your thing, drink a glass of full fat milk with your meals.
  • edena001
    Options

I'm in London. Anyway, your doctor will see you because a) he/she is your doctor, b) they won't know why you're going until you're in the surgery (you don't have to tell them when booking, despite them asking) and c) you're not going about "diet", you're going about disordered thinking.

Why would I go about disordered thinking - I'm not disagreeing with anyone ?
    I know I should eat more than I do, and I'm trying, which is why I asked for suggestions of what to buy???
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

You are dancing around everyone tonight.. you are not answering any ones questions etc... :)

Which is what she did before. I'm going to guess attention seeking at this point and once again give up.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @edena001 The advise I have is that you set your food diary to be view-able by the public. More advise I have is that you disclose the brand and model name of the food scale you use. My last bit of advice is that you answer the questions regarding your weight and height. How much do you weigh today? How tall are you today?

Many of us are able and willing to help with good advice about your food, but we need to know how tall you are, how much you weigh, and how much we can trust that you are accurately weighing and logging your food.

Edit to add: After reading all 5 pages, I know that you disclosed your weight yesterday to be 12st 10. How tall are you? This matters.
  • edena001
    Options

Your doctor won't see you? Change your doctor.

A GP wouldn't talk about nutritional diet, that's why you'd have to see a nutritionist. They won't refer you to one on the nhs's dime unless under extreme circumstances

Edena, you're putting up obstacles that may make perfect sense to you (I've done that too when I've not been committed to something) but don't to everyone else. No, you won't get to see a nutritionist via a GP. You may, however, be referred to a Registered Dietitian. It's total nonsense to say it's only under "extreme circumstances", and you are doing a disservice to our NHS by implying that this is the case to people who may not know the truth because they don't live in the UK. Go see your doctor. Or eat more food. Either way, stop being less than honest with yourself and others, please.

I don't believe you're reading my post or my responses.
    Yes I'm not getting enough calories because I wanted suggestions on how to get it up, I'm not trying to eat a little amount of calories, it's just how it is, so now I am trying to add in more food even when I'm not hungry.

I have asked questions, and I have listened to advice.

Going to a GP for something what I know, and am doing would be a perfect example of why GP's and the NHS is under so much stress
  • edena001
    Options

That's kind of been their mo for a couple of days. Feels like I'm wasting my time trying to help. Best of luck to those of you who keep trying :flowerforyou:

There was no question....
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Which is what she did before. I'm going to guess attention seeking at this point and once again give up.

I am with you and @diannethegeek..
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

That's kind of been their mo for a couple of days. Feels like I'm wasting my time trying to help. Best of luck to those of you who keep trying :flowerforyou:

There was no question....

Here's the one I asked a little while ago:
    Have you had a chance to incorporate any more calories in the last couple of days? How's it going?

Others have been asked and gone unanswered upthread.