No Alcohol November 2016 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    @vnb_208 , just because you indulge on your bday doesn't discount the rest of the month! I'm going out with my husband tomorrow evening for his birthday and plan on having two beers but then getting right back to it!!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    well than count me in cause i rarely ever drink but birthdays are usually my exceptions
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm in Kansas.

I lived in Wyoming when I was younger and would love to move to someplace with mountains but my husband is resistant to change and I have an aging mother so I'll have to stay put for now.

My husband is originally from Oklahoma and isn't as excited to move back to Colorado as I am. But all my family is there and marijuana is legal (that's what got him to accept it with open arms, lmao)! Not sure how we're going to afford a house though. Everything we've seen on our trips back are about double the price of our home here.

Yeah, one of my high school friends recently moved to Denver and I thought I'd check housing prices just to see if it would ever be possible for me to afford it. I'd have to transfer to a job where I got quite a bit of a raise!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I'm in Kansas.

I lived in Wyoming when I was younger and would love to move to someplace with mountains but my husband is resistant to change and I have an aging mother so I'll have to stay put for now.

My husband is originally from Oklahoma and isn't as excited to move back to Colorado as I am. But all my family is there and marijuana is legal (that's what got him to accept it with open arms, lmao)! Not sure how we're going to afford a house though. Everything we've seen on our trips back are about double the price of our home here.

Yeah, one of my high school friends recently moved to Denver and I thought I'd check housing prices just to see if it would ever be possible for me to afford it. I'd have to transfer to a job where I got quite a bit of a raise!

Well, Denver metro will be pretty expensive regardless. The city I want to move to (Ft. Collins) is pretty expensive too but DH doesn't like hippies so we can't move there :| We'll just visit often for the beer. I would then prefer Loveland, but there are several small communities around there so it's completely up in the air at this point. Well....it also depends on where the jobs are, lol. My family is mostly in Greeley but it smells like cow *kitten* there and lots of gang violence and really that's the town I wanted to move away from so wouldn't be real excited to move right back.
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in, except for my birthday this month....that's just too much to ask. ;)
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm from Kansas City. I may be off track right now, but I'm not planning on throwing out the baby just yet, so to speak.
  • lpamm1226
    lpamm1226 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well may I be honest and say I failed this challenge last night :/
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Day 9 down (almost)!! Husband thought I snuck a beer, which is kind of annoying, lol. He is never great at counting how many beers we have in the fridge so I think he actually thinks I snuck one. Oh-well. I feel great and am ready to keep going! We are going bowling tomorrow night for his birthday, the only night I gave myself the ok to drink for the month.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    lpamm1226 wrote: »
    Well may I be honest and say I failed this challenge last night :/

I'm gonna lie, it's a harder challenge then one thinks at first. Don't be too hard on yourself.
  • HungryHungrystepho
    HungryHungrystepho Posts: 21 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Count me in! I used to drink Michelob ultras but have recently switched to Oktoberfest- which is so delicious but is a whopping 176 calories each!! I need to give up the weekend beers.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Another morning feeling great with no haziness!!!! I'm loving it! I've had great workouts all week too, it's fantastic.
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Another morning feeling great with no haziness!!!! I'm loving it! I've had great workouts all week too, it's fantastic.

It is such a great feeling to wake up refreshed.. What is your workout of choice?
    brenda
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    blwelch1 wrote: »

It is such a great feeling to wake up refreshed.. What is your workout of choice?
    brenda

I love to run!! But I switch running and strength training every other day (don't have time to do both each day). I just diddle around in the weight room, lol. No real routine. I did SL 5X5 a while ago so that added a few more lifts in to my repertoire!

You?
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My birthday is next Wednesday but I found out today that my friend wants to take me out tomorrow to celebrate. We're planning on going to a local brewery for pizza and a seasonal beer and I'm going to try my best to keep it to one beer.
  • blwelch1
    Options
    blwelch1 wrote: »

brenda

I love to run!! But I switch running and strength training every other day (don't have time to do both each day). I just diddle around in the weight room, lol. No real routine. I did SL 5X5 a while ago so that added a few more lifts in to my repertoire!

You?

well, after reading the post from MFP, i have started SL 5x5, but i just started that. I have a spinning bike in my transformation room, and that was my previous form of exercise.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Still alcohol free. :)
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I'll be back on it after the election and post election drinking woes. My morning workouts have definitely suffered. I'm looking forward to waking up clear headed tomorrow.

• MonkeyMel21
    Options
    husseycd wrote: »

I'll be back on it after the election and post election drinking woes. My morning workouts have definitely suffered. I'm looking forward to waking up clear headed tomorrow.
    I've tried staying away from all the negativity surrounding the election but it's starting to hit me now. Well, I get beer tonight anyway for DH's bday, lol.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I had a few beers while bowling last night with my husband! We had a great time!! Until he threw up in my car :s Better him than me, lol. Well, I'm awake and don't feel too bad, but I am definitely ready to continue on with the rest of the month alcohol free.
  • blwelch1
    Options
    I was wondering how you did last night. Was he sick from drinking too much or a stomach virus?