No Alcohol November 2016 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    blwelch1 wrote: »
    I was wondering how you did last night. Was he sick from drinking too much or a stomach virus?

Probably the mix of alcohol and sauerkraut, lol. Poor guy was so embarrassed. We had an awesome time though, it was totally worth it. I probably shouldn't have had the last beer but I'm at work now and doing ok, just need a little extra coffee.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I do not miss the drinking stories in my life. :lol:

I haven't embarrassed myself or had a hangover in so long!!

The elections. I've managed to steer clear of all election talk. Whew. No TV other than Netflix in my house, nor newspapers - that helps!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I do not miss the drinking stories in my life. :lol:

I haven't embarrassed myself or had a hangover in so long!!

The elections. I've managed to steer clear of all election talk. Whew. No TV other than Netflix in my house, nor newspapers - that helps!

I've tried to keep away from it as well. I think I'm just still shocked that it actually happened, lol. All my FB friend's from CO are completely flipping out so I've tried my best to stay off of FB. It has not made me want to drink at least :)

I feel good enough this morning but it's kind of more like the "still drunk" feeling. No pain, just fuzzy head. Once I got that buzz really going from the second beer last night I just wanted to keep going. We even played a few extra games cause we were just having such a good time. It was really a great night and I only have to work till 11 today then I can go home and take a nap, lol. Husband has to go to the book fair at our son's elementary school but there will at least be donuts! He said he's feeling ok. He rarely gets hangovers, the *kitten*.
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had a tiny victory last night. My sister n/law called and invited me to the local wing place for a drink. I told her i couldn't because i was getting ready to exercise. She responded, what happened to the Brenda that i know.. :)
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    blwelch1 wrote: »
    I had a tiny victory last night. My sister n/law called and invited me to the local wing place for a drink. I told her i couldn't because i was getting ready to exercise. She responded, what happened to the Brenda that i know.. :)
    lol, awesome! No alcohol AND a work out! Great evening!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    In early days of no drinking, I just avoided bars in general. Now they don't bother me, except for when people have had a few and start talking really loud or repeating themselves. That's annoying, and my signal to leave. Gotta have wings sometimes, though.

These days I choose activities that are not strictly about drinking: so I'll go to a birthday celebration at a pub/bar - but in my area all places that serve alcohol must also serve food - so I'll eat then leave when people have had a few. I really just don't enjoy the conversation once it's buzzed. If an event is strictly about drinking like a wine tasting, I just don't go. What's the point? Bowling, I drink something else. I only bowl with non-drinkers or very light drinkers so I don't have to deal with over-the-top drinking.

I found that some of my acquaintances were just drinking buddies, not friends, and I don't see them any more.

• onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    11th day of November.....Sober.......I love seeing all the supporting here....If you fall down just get back up...At least we can remind each other to at least try....I try not to fast the Mac and cheese....Uggggg....It's not nice to me....I must have a taste.....lol....Today is 73 days sober....Amen!!!!!! Wifi is back up Amen!!!! I was going nuts without it......Have a great weekend!!!!!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    It's a great morning!! I'm feeling awesome!! Hope everyone else is too!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Good morning MM21. :flowerforyou:

I woke up at 4:30. Oh. Maybe it was the 8:30 bedtime.

I'm a beast on Friday nights these days. Raring to go on Saturday, though! That's something the hungover ones can't say.

I never wish I would have had drinks the night before. Never.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Good morning MM21. :flowerforyou:

I woke up at 4:30. Oh. Maybe it was the 8:30 bedtime.

I'm a beast on Friday nights these days. Raring to go on Saturday, though! That's something the hungover ones can't say.

I never wish I would have had drinks the night before. Never.

I usually go to sleep at 8:30 on weekend nights and sleep till 6:30 or 7. Last night though me and my mom went out to a fancy restaurant and then went shopping at the mall. I didn't go to sleep till almost 11!! But I still woke up at 6:30, lol. Oh-well. That's why there's coffee.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Another Sunday, alcohol free. :)
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Wow it's the 13 th already......Half way thru November....Congrats to all!!!!!! Even those who fall...Chris for the effort
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Great....spell correct messed up my words....wants to say ducks or cris....for KUDOS....
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Lots of kids activities this weekend. I could definitely use a drink right now. I'm going to hold strong but uuugggghhhhh.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    You're halfway there, MM21.

I think when you feel like you need one to cope, that's not good, is it?

I don't know - I didn't leave myself an out when I quit. I wanted a better life and so I found better ways to cope with my stressors than alcohol.

But then, I really wanted to quit. If you don't have a commitment, that must make it really difficult.

((hug))
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Second weekend done!!!! How'd everyone do?!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My friends took me out Friday to celebrate my birthday (it's actually not until Wednesday). We stayed out way too late and drank too much beer and Saturday morning my friend that planned the evening said she was done drinking for awhile. We both decided we're going to try to not drink until New Year's Eve (except for maybe wine at Christmas).
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    My friends took me out Friday to celebrate my birthday (it's actually not until Wednesday). We stayed out way too late and drank too much beer and Saturday morning my friend that planned the evening said she was done drinking for awhile. We both decided we're going to try to not drink until New Year's Eve (except for maybe wine at Christmas).

That's great!! I'm hoping to set some new boundaries for myself after this month is over. Mainly, no more drinking on the weekends when I'm just at home. That's when I drink from boredom, and drink the most (over several hours). I want to save it for the weekday evenings when I'm with my husband and we're cooking together or go out together.
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    well.... not a great weekend (drinking wise) Friday night was a family euchre tournament. Won the tournament but lost the alcohol challenge. :( . Weekends are my hardest part. There always seems to be something at the present time that i feel like i have to drink to.