No Alcohol November 2016 Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Day 22. I'm all about the candy, but my calories are lower because I'm not drinking 500 calories worth anymore.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Day 22. I'm all about the candy, but my calories are lower because I'm not drinking 500 calories worth anymore.

Niiiiice. I have definitely traded my liquor (spiced rum) sugar count for Halloween candy this week.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

Niiiiice. I have definitely traded my liquor (spiced rum) sugar count for Halloween candy this week.

Seriously. I told my husband to hide my scale and the candy in the house when he gets home!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options

Seriously. I told my husband to hide my scale and the candy in the house when he gets home!

Usually I'm in charge of passing out the Halloween candy and I make sure there is NONE left by the last trick or treaters. This year husband passed out candy. There's a giant bowl half filled still sitting in the living room :|
  • onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Found you....day 64 for me.....But happy to have support thru Nov... Holidays are tough...
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    onsickmom wrote: »
    Found you....day 64 for me.....But happy to have support thru Nov... Holidays are tough...

It's nice to have support some times and not be stuck in ones own head. :)
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    ..onsickmom, and queenmunchy..... How do you get past the triggers? seems like i have all sorts of things that cause me to want to have a drink.
  • emeliamariea
    emeliamariea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in with this (except for Thanksgiving and the day before)! Usually I have a glass of wine or a beer 2 or 3 times a week, but it would be nice to save the cash and loose the calories.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I'm joining in with this (except for Thanksgiving and the day before)! Usually I have a glass of wine or a beer 2 or 3 times a week, but it would be nice to save the cash and loose the calories.

Money wise it will be a good thing too. We've gotten in to drinking more craft beers lately which are about double the price (and calories!).
  • emeliamariea
    emeliamariea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Craft beers are preferable to me as well, so it will be a very good thing money wise. :)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options

I've never counted my alcohol, and although I'm losing really slow, I'm okay with that. I don't use high calorie mixers either, I like a dirty martini, or a Vodka tonic ( I use diet tonic) although I have been drinking my fair share of Washington Apples, which has cranberry........ So yeah, I'm excited to see how much better the losses will be...............
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did have a glass of wine on the 1st but I didn't see this challenge until today. No more alcohol for the rest of the month! I don't drink that frequently but when I do I have more than one serving and I don't work it into my calorie allowance. Another problem is that alcohol gives me bad indigestion lately.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    tamera_g wrote: »
    I did have a glass of wine on the 1st but I didn't see this challenge until today. No more alcohol for the rest of the month! I don't drink that frequently but when I do I have more than one serving and I don't work it into my calorie allowance. Another problem is that alcohol gives me bad indigestion lately.

Welcome!

I've been waking up very puffy every Monday morning. Not a fun side effect. I'm hoping it does have a positive effect on my heart burn too!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I'm already craving having a beer with dinner, especially since I'm about to drive through rush hour traffic. I'm going to listen to my Star Trek podcast and just not think about it, lol. I have ice cold sparkling water waiting for me too!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    Did you make it MM21?

It would be good to make it through Day Two...

:no_mouth:
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Did you make it MM21?

It would be good to make it through Day Two...

:no_mouth:

Hahaha, of course I made it. About to brush my teeth so nothing but water for the rest of the evening :smile:
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Blwelch.....I remove myself from the situation...I don't go around people I drank with..When i get a bad crave that I can't seem to shake....Jason Stevenson has meditation talks...Close my eyes and listen...Then feel so happy to get thru it..I found him on YouTube...Amazing...Also use for sleep...Because I'm not loopy anymore and fighting to relax and sleep...Part of getting sober is insomnia for some...I like one called surrender letting go.....It's my must have every night...I hate to have you isolate yourself...But if your like me....can't be around slot of stress...Even the grocery store is an irritant and can trigger me to think DRINK....I send my hubby or daughter for now....Hope a little of this helps you..
  • onsickmom
    Options
    The puffy will pass by day 10...I had that too....Heartburn is a bad sign of trouble headed your way...Get organic apple cider vinegar..One tablespoon in a small glass....Chug it....Sip organic beef bone broth...And buy some FAGE live culture yogurt...It tastes awful ....so that's a good place to add fruit...These things will give you good gut.... flora and allow you to heal....Trust me IT WORKS......I jacked up my insides so bad I almost died...I'm here today because I got great advise from a gal in a co.op store....A wellness worker...She said basically the opposite of doctors...They said crackers and potatoes...she said no to processed bread anything and sweet or yam potatoes for a starch...
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I'm sorry I just won't hush!!! Lol ....Some of you may feel dizzy...weak..blood pressure spikes and falls...Because our bodies get use to either making too much insulin or stops making enough...It has to re group if you will...Brain tells body do this...no do that...We feel weird...even scares at times...But that's what it is...Starting your day with a fruit for me anyways is a must!!!!!! Gets the brains attention to natural sugar...I by no means am 100% I literally almost killed myself living so foolish...Now I know what not to do...Hard part is doing what I must do....Sobriety is number one....So day 2 of November....SOBER
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Well it's after dinner here and no drink on the menu tonight - planning on a nice cup of tea in my new teacup :)
    10% of November done.