WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Forgot to say - Congratulations to all the LOSERS amongst you. :flowerforyou: We all know how much work goes into that. Re, Liz and others.
    My maintenance regime has allowed about three pounds to creep up on me. I used to say it was a pesky pound, now it's a pesky two and a half pounds. I want to shift a couple of those. :#
    Eat less, move more. Eat less, move more. Eat less, move more.

Off to yoga now.
    Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Today is going to be a day.. one that is filled from the time I get to work until I leave without a break... we have a 1/2 hr lunch that we will end up working through because we have packed people in..
    Ruth will be seeing the lawyer today and we will see what she says.. I heard from Rays niece and it just is not feesable to get everyone together for a memorial.. and if Ruth gets Ray's ashes then I can do something maybe in the spring....
    Homer bless his heart seems to be 100% don't know what was going on, but Tom still wants an answer.. he doesnt believe in prayer ,but I am sure that had alot to do with it... here is hoping whatever it was doesn't come back... I got home last night and he ate 3 bowls of dog food...
    working this saterday and will try and get things together for Thanksgiving,,, we work until 1 the weds before...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! It will be a short work day for me 6:30am-2:30pm. I have a dentist appt at 3:00 (just a cleaning- whew!), then I hop over to the Breast Eval Center for my call-back mammogram. Hopefully that goes well, and I will be done in an hour and a half or less, then it's off to get the tattoo! DH left for work this morning, shortly after I got up, without saying a word to me. :/ That's okay. My day is filled with small people talking to me. A little silent treatment is kind of a nice change >:)
    Sherry- I have had this tattoo in my head for about five years. It is simply the words carpe diem (seize the day). In a basic script. Like I said, it will be no bigger than the length of my pinkie and at my hairline on the back of my neck. My DH is a good man, but he is very conservative, Ward Cleaver-ish (his whole family is like that white 1950's family). He knows who I am, who I was when he married me 27 years ago. Sometimes I think he is waiting for me to "grow up" into some sort of version of Donna Reed or Martha Stewart. LOL! I can do what they do, but it will probably involve a little more swearing. I still like to wear crazy pants, funky tops, listen to and dance to music from my high school years, I still dream of traveling and flying in one of those wing suits. Ah well, he will come around when he realizes that no one will notice the tattoo and bust the "normal person" bubble.
    Sharon- small tattoo, back of neck, "carpe diem", in a basic cursive script
    Heather-breathe and repeat to your self "my writings are in good hands". I am sure this gentleman will take care of them. Especially if this is his living. You are doing the right thing!
    Lisa- special thoughts/prayers for strength and peace in the next couple of weeks as your schedule continues to be busy. Hope your new reporter works out! <3
    Re- I am so proud of you! YOu are killing this challenge! Remember when you started and you were looking at the numbers and maybe had some doubts if you could accomplish it?? You are doing it! Truly! Stand tall and knock this challenge out of the park, sista!! B)

Well, my early birds have finished their breakfast and the others are starting to arrive. Love to all of you! Enjoy your day!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lisa wrote "JanetR, thanks dear... not been feeling terribly witty lately. The exhaustion has pretty much taken over my life, and the VA paperwork I need in order to see a doctor can't get here soon enough. Just kind of stumbling through, with a rough rest of November ahead."

I understand the government paperwork nightmare. Jack is in the midfle of applying for Agent Orange disability benefits. Its beginning to look a bit brighter finally. Chances are very good that he will be eligible for 100% disability, which would be a tidy sum monthly, plus retroactive to date of diagnosis which will soon be four years.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe trip. We too will be in MO. Headed that direction this morning.

Janetr okc
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! Haven't been feeling too chatty lately, but, following through on my goal to read and post here every day in November. I am also logging all my food and meeting my walking goals so far.

Allie, my 10 yo Chewy gets this awful bronchial cough a couple times a year. He is just getting over it after 2 weeks. His foot was bleeding when we got back from our walk yesterday. He won't let me look at it. DH will have to help. My other 2 4 yo fur babies were sick with the "doggy" flu last week too. Must be something going around doggy world.

I just finished reading "Get What's Yous for Medicare" and really liked the information included. Really important stuff.

Talk later,
    Rita from dreary CT
  • santeeshimmy
    santeeshimmy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Looks like everyone is going and doing! Congrats to those who have removed obstacles and weight!

I actually got on the bike yesterday! Even though I was beat after garden, cooking toms, and processing apples. Yay me!

Right after this post, I'm getting on the bike, showering and headed to the city for the day. I am going to go play with my two year old niece, while her mommy works. I needa get a move on!

Katy in NM
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Heather: I'd be a bit nervous about sending my manuscripts off, too, especially the ones with no additional copies. I hope this turns out to be a wonderful step for you. :heart:

Sharon in Lethbridge: If your 15 year old grandson is talking to you about movies, books, music & cars, you are definitely trippy. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Rita: We have Medicare and a supplement. The supplement pays for my gym membership, among other things. YAY! DH usually has his deductible met in February & I never get mine met. I'm happy that I don't have more serious problems. I was taking a prescription acid reflux med that turns out to cause Alzheimers. I discovered that watching morning TV in the waiting room at the hospital last spring while DH was in surgery having two cysts removed from near his spine. I ended up doing online research and quit the acid reflux med that was red-flagged plus also quit taking Citracal. It turns out the calcium citrate is just fine, but fillers in the caplet are not okay. My thinking definitely improved and my short-term memory is still improving. That was a lucky day for me. DH's surgery worked well for him but he fears that he may be getting more cysts on his back. So far there is nothing there like what he had before. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's done with cysts. :star:

I'm walking with my former neighbor again today. She says they walk regardless of the weather, so I'll be in raingear. When I get home, I'll start moving our stuff back into the storage area under the stairs, including the area we just accessed. I do need to add a light in there and have in mind just the thing I want. We have great battery powered led lights in the boat and I want one just like them for the space under the lower stairs in the closet.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    After all my angst this morning all has gone well. :D
    Rushed back from yoga to find the scanning guy had just been. I had left him instructions. He rang me later just to check how I wanted them saved. I'm having a DVD and an 8g memory stick. I will buy a hard drive and put it all on Dropbox or One Drive. My new laptop, coming on Friday, doesn't have a DVD drive, so I might buy one. These things are all so cheap these days. I remember when a 50 kb stick cost £30!!!!!!!.

Then we went looking for my old hard back poetry books, found them in the loft and threw away the paperback repeats and any other books that didn't "spark joy". I decided I could do without Pope and Dryden. :p Dante also went. As did the Silver Poets of the 17th Century. :bigsmile:
    We took a whole load of books to the dump and some nearly new detective books to the charity shop. Brilliant!
    Did I ever tell you how much I like throwing things away! :D

Thank you all for your support.

My cancer friend rang this morning and she has decided to go for chemotherapy. They explained that it is much better these days and might ease her symptoms. I said I would go with her once a month or so to keep her company. Might be Monday week. I just have to get an early train.
    Glad she's having a go. She's really hoping her DDIL will get pregnant. Wants to see another grandchild. <3

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    :/ Boys here again last night. No one sick and no floods!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies! <3

I caught a cold! Yuck! Hopefully it will pass quickly. I had to go into the office for a few hours today and again tomorrow. That went well as everybody else is sick there too so it was rather quiet other than coughing.

Laugh for the Day: One of the many magazines I have regarding weight loss said that drinking a glass of wine in the evening could help you lose weight. I read it to DH laughing because it said that it would curb your tendency to snack after dinner. I said it would curb your tendency because you would be falling asleep. DH bought me a box of “flip flop wines fizzy pink moscato” consisting of 4 cans of 8.5 ounces each the next day. He will do anything to help. I just opened a can and indeed I am ready to go take a nap now. Believe it or not it is a tasty moscato. I may have to pick up a bottle or two for the holidays. :)

Katla: I so envy your riding lessons. That is something that has been on my to do list for a couple of years. Perhaps I’ll get to it this year.

Katy in New Mexico: Another thing on my to do list is belly dancing. I bought the video lessons last year. So now that you have reminded me I guess I’ll dig them out! That should cause DH some excitement >:)

Heather: I hope you will have a lovely anniversary adventure!

Joyce: We had been talking about getting Alexa but we just feel worn out trying to understand technology. We also want a Smart TV but don’t want to make the investment without know how to use it. So we are searching for a consultant. It is so amazing that “the children” either don’t have the time or patience to show us how to do anything. I remember my mom saying the same thing about us.

Gloria: You just don’t know about some parents today nor what they are living through. I am so sorry for you, the boys mother and for the boys. Sounds like there are a lot of issues. Glad they were able to come back for a less exciting visit.

Take care my friends....

Tere in RVA

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Going to try to catch up. Did one segment of Butt Lift DVD, held my plank for 2min 50sec, then about 50 min of the extremepump class on Monday. Today did about 50 min of spinning. We have a Newcomer board meeting tomorrow so the plan is to do Gilad's Step and Tone DVD at home.

After exercise went to PetSmart to get Loki and Lexi more pill pockets. Lexi will be so disappointed when she doesn't get them any longer...lol Then stopped at Aldi since they had eggs on sale, then senior bowling (we played Vince's team and beat them all 3 games!), ceramics at night then I went to mahjongg. Vince pulled a muscle at bowling so he didn't go to ceramics.

Talked to the gal in charge at the branch of the Y where I'm a member. I'm supposed to get 6 free months added to my membership, yet I got an invoice, so I wanted to ask her what was up. Still bummed that they're closing. Went to Lowe's Hardware, WalMart, the bank, stopped at Walgreens (didn't get what I wanted but will probably go back Fri since I'll be down that way at the Y). Am supposed to go to this crochet group at AC Moore tonight. Not sure what it's all about but one gal at Newcomer bowling was telling me about it. Hopefully, they might be able to help me finish my placemats. Heather - you think you're the queen of procrastinating? It's only been about 12 years (literally) since I've started on these placemats

janetr - so glad you got to see a Lowe's foods. Do you know that the one of the stores in Hickory sells beer that you can drink while doing your shopping? They even have cup holders attached to the grocery carts (I just can't bring myself to call them "buggies"). Believe it or not, there are about 3 Lowes Foods in a 5 mile radius.

Jess called yesterday and we're going to have Thanksgiving at her house. Typically we have it the day after Thanksgiving but that also means that I bring up lots of things -- serving dishes, serving spoons/forks, the roaster, the gravy boat, the baster, tables and folding chairs, to name a few. Gotta start on my list of things that I need to bring up. At one point she was talking about going to Idaho to spend Thanksgiving with Colby's family, but I guess that fell thru

Vince took some boxes out of storage so that he could do some wiring (so that I'd have Internet thru my Wii -- not that I've ever asked for it). One of the boxes looked like it had gotten all wet so I opened it. There were some pics in it that MIL had that got ruined.

Liz- good for you not sampling! How do you make your fudge? I've tried so many times to make it, and it just never has the consistency of the type that you buy in the store. The next thing I'm thinking I might try is to make it and use marshmallows instead of the marshmallow creme. How do you do yours?

Sherry - what awesome old neighbors you have! How great is it that they are keeping their word and helping you out? I must say, tho, that I agree with Joyce to just check out this neighbor. Certainly can't hurt to just check him out, huh?

Annie - Barbara had a great suggestion about TaiChi!!! Wish I'd have thought of it. That is VERY gentle

Gloria - that poor boy having diarrhea so much. I can't believe that mother!

Allie - I tried to see the supermoon but it was so hazy here from the smoke that I couldn't see it clearly

Vince signed up for the trial period of Amazon Prime. We'll see how it goes

Joyce - I remember the days when I had to carry boxes of fruit juices all around Disney because Bryan wouldn't drink soda.

Lenora - I think even two people can play MT. We usually played what's called "chicken foot" Basically, the person with the highest domino that's a double puts it in the center of the "chicken (a picture of a chicken on a piece of paper with 4 squares coming out). Then each player puts a domino on the square that's one end the same number as the one in the middle (say a 12, so you'd need to put at least one domino with a 12). After that, you can add to any of these trains. Say someone put down the double 12, someone else put a 12 and 1 on one of the squares, you can put down a domino as long as one end is a 1. Say you put down a 1 and 6. If someone has the double 6, they can put that down but it has to be "satisfied" three times (kind of like a chicken's foot). If you don't have a 6, you need to draw from the pool. If you still don't have one, then the play just goes to the next person until it has been satisfied 3 times. Now that we won't be going to the airport (Vince doesn't like the food that she serves and I'm not crazy about it, I very very rarely eat dessert, we don't drink coffee, Vince won't drink tea, I've always always brought my own water, so we'd be paying $6 for me to be able to drink water -- I don't think so), I'd like to find a copy of that chicken and then use it ourselves. Maybe some of my neighbors would like to play? We'll have to see. Oh, I love going to Publix when we're in FL. They're a little more expensive -- but I think they have better quality and selection. Plus, one thing I've found is that every store is a little bit different in what they carry. They seem to carry things that the people around there want. That's neat. I always wear nicer clothes to church. I just don't understand people who wear jeans. I have worn jeans, but not all that often, and it's probably been a few years since I've worn them. I just don't think that's the place to be wearing jeans. So happy about your BIL

Vince put in a new light fixture in the laundry room. There was a fluorescent one but for some reason it burned out. A new ballast is about $3 less expensive than a new fixture so we just got a new fixture and he put LED's in it. Are they ever bright!

Sherry - I wouldn't go back and log food. I'd be afraid that I'd forgotten something. I'd just pick up now. Good luck at yoga

janetr - what a great NSV not to be noticed!

tere - feel better fast

Michele in NC
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ What a great comment to receive from your DH's friend.

Lisa ~ Good thoughts for your upcoming busy week. You can do it probably better than anyone else around.

Heather ~ Hope your papers get scanned successfully.

Went to see my mom today and felt very teary. She has gone down hill a lot since my visit in October. Has a difficult time speaking and forming sentences and has become bed ridden.

We had our usual heating/air company come yesterday to "fix" the heating system. The guy tapped on the box that supplies gas and it came back on ($86 for this). So, today it has gone out twice again and now the tapping won't work. We called 3 companies before we could get anyone out tomorrow. Hope we will have success witht he one coming on Wed.

Carol
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mum, Carol. So hard. (((HUGS)))

OK, I think I've had a blow to the head! I've upgraded my Dropbox, bought a hard drive and a DVD/CD drive for my new laptop which is coming on Friday. Talk about belt and braces!

I've also done my Christmas charity donations today before I forget. <3

Will relax tomorrow and write some memoir in the morning.

Love Heather UK