WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Busy all day so read posts but no time to comment. Congrats on the victories and (((Hugs))) for all than want or need.

Wishing you all a good-night-glitter-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

Love you all,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: You are on a roll! You are getting so much done and I admire you for it. I'm glad your friend with cancer is going to get treatments. I hope they are successful beyond her hopes and expectations. :smiley:

Gloria in WA: No one sick and no floods are two very excellent things. Yay! :bigsmile:

Tere: The riding lessons are so good for me. I hope you're able to work them into your life, too. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I'm so sorry that Brandy has cancer. I hope she can have some more quality time to share with you. (((HUGS)))

Tomorrow DH has an appointment with his MS Doctor and I'm going with him instead of to yoga. I hope for a good appointment for him. DH has done so much to improve his situation since the last time he went to see the doctor. I hope all his hard work is noticed. I think he is a walking miracle. He says he is tired. He is doing so much more than he did before that being tired seems like a natural consequence in my mind. I hope he gets some encouragement from the doctor. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    :) A little past my bedtime, so just a quick hello. Bravos to those who are making headway with home improvement projects. Hugs to those who are navigating all the roadblocks and challenges of life. May you sail past those bumps and onto brighter days. I'm sending you all, (and Brandy, too) energy and light.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Michele NC - Oh wow, I discovered a new (to me) grocery store here in Swannanoa, Ingles Foods, they have so much stuff I could spend three dsys in there. Even my, not particularly interested in food, husband was impressed.

Janetr okc
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Gloria - you are so sweet! Thank you for the comparison to a butterfly, I was feeling more like an ugly moth coming out and learning to bash my face into that light bulb repeatedly (yes I went back and re - read what I couldn't follow yesterday). But I like the butterfly version better! I'm so sorry that mom didn't tell you the boy was sick! What a mess! I'm glad neither was sick this time. You're an Angel for letting them stay with you and your family. Yay, no flood!

Barbie - I'm so sorry to hear about your pup's problem. I'm glad you got to walk them today! And I'm glad the vet ok'd upping her pain med, I hate to see animals in any kind of pain. That's the best thing you can do taking one day at a time. My heart goes out to you and your pup.

Re - congrats on the NSV! I had one of those today too. I pulled out a heavy coat that I had bought last spring on sale that was a little too small, and when I tried it on before I left for PT I found that it fit! I could zip it up and had a little room to spare! It made me feel really good, but I can't wait to shop in something other than Plus sizes. Yay you!!!

Lenora - my nutritionist calculated my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR - the amount of calories my body uses at rest to fuel all my body functions, etc) and set a calorie goal and a carb goal for me that I set in my food diary goals and as long as I stay below or right at my calorie goal before exercise, I will be doing OK. My BMI is sky high and I am clinically morbidly obese. As of my last weigh in I still have 142 pounds to lose to get to my ideal weight.

Carol - I'm sorry about your mom, hun. I know how hard it is, I lost my foster mom to cancer (she's the lady who gave me that "Just for today" poem I shared with you all). She was more of a mom to me than my "real" mom ever was, and I miss her deeply. So my heart goes out to you and I'm sending love and hugs your way.

The visit at PT went well. She gave me two new exercises (I won't bore you all with the specifics) and set me up for massage next week. I look forward to that. Well, time to put a movie in and relax and medicate. For those of you that want to learn more about marijuana try "Leafly" online or you can download the app. It's an excellent source of information about all things Cannabis related. Very educational!

Sherry in "raining again" Portland
  • janetr7476
    edited November 2016
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)janetr, when we were RVing we thought we'd like to live in Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, and British Columbia until we got home and remembered how much we loved living where we were.

That made me laugh, Barbie, you are so right. It has all been beautiful and I've enjoyed every minute of my "big adventure" but not sure I'm ready to trade rush hour traffic in some of these places for Oklahoma City's VERY light traffic. We are creatures of habit.

So sorry to hear about Brandy, love on her all you can for as long as possible. (((Hugs)))

Janetr
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    TNToni: Quite the hubby you have! :smiley:
    Re: Congrats on the NSV...you deserve it!
    Katla: Hope things go well with the Dr appointment tomorrow.
    Janetr: Loving the fabulous pic's :)
    Barbie: Sorry about Brandy - I hope that the additional pain medication helps her.
    KJ: Tattoos are such a personal choice. Good for you for sticking to your decision.
    Heather: You're on a roll..:)

Have a good evening friends,
    Carey - Northern Alberta

Goals for Nov:
    - Increase walking by at least 100 steps per day
    - Get to Tai Chi at least once a week
    - Increase daily water intake
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Janetr – Now in Swannanoa, NC – Beautiful view! I’d have to build up a ‘lot of courage’ … not so sure that I could have my eyelids tattooed without a little “Jack in my coke”; and, I don’t even ‘like’ Jack or 'coke' (haven't had one in 2 years). I’d have to have something that would basically calm me down so that my eyelids would close and I would not even ‘feel’ it. DDnL#2 says the first time is rather expensive. If I had to choose between lips or eyes … I’d probably choose lips; I tend to lick off my lipstick within an hour of putting it on. In this order: lips, eyebrows, then eyelids. I try to ‘stain’ them; but, I have gotten one stain that turns very dark on me … even though it doesn’t look that dark. I use a lipstick brush to put it on. I’ve gotten a ‘little’ better with putting on eyeliner and just went to ‘brown’ instead of black, so when I put my shadow on, it doesn’t look quite as harsh. I still wear black mascara. I’d just like to do it so I would not have to listen to DH ask, ‘where is your make-up (or lipstick). I try to leave one in my console of my car. It doesn’t get quite as hot in there as it would anywhere else in the car. I’d only trust the person that DDnL#2 goes to. I’m not so sure I would trust anyone that someone I know had not already had it done. I need to have eyebrows, too. Mine are very thin and fine; but, look a lot better after I have had them waxed … looks thicker and more ‘in shape’.

Re – Whoo Hoo! Great NSV! I actually bought my first “S” and “size 10” of something. Got some cowboy boots today. My DH will probably flip out; but, they were on ½ price sale; could not resist. A couple of tops and a couple of dresses that I need. “Funerals” and weddings. White beans and ham sounds really nice. We’ve had a few days of ‘cooler’ weather; at night and early morning then it gets hot as Hades during day. Leave the house, dressed one way and then stripping down by 12 Noon.

Heather – One of my childhood friends is a breast cancer survivor (2x). This last time they did her chemo by giving her 4 pills; one every 2 weeks; and, after that, they could not find any cancer. It was something ‘new’. No sickness or anything. In fact, her twin sister said that she was actually ‘starving’ when they left after taking the pill at her MD’s office.

Katla – I have started going or meeting DH whenever he has an appointment with his MDs; after the incident of the Urologist putting in a catheter in him ‘without’ putting him asleep; I don’t want that to ‘ever’ happen again. The 2 ‘new’ Urologists could not believe that his ‘old’ one did that to him. Of course, I am a HUGE proponent that all OB/GYNs (regardless of their sex) ought to go through having a mammogram; with maybe the men having to put their Johnson between the plates, then maybe they would be a little more ‘sensitive’ to how it feels if the technician is ‘rough’. I’ve had my share of that before.

Lenora
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Janetr- beautiful picture! I can hardly wait until my DH retires and we can go RVing! Do you belong to a Good Sams or anything like that?

Barbie - so happy that you were able to take the dogs for a walk! I hope that Brandy gets relief with the change in meds.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Gloria in WA: I love the Lessons People Often Learn too Late. Thank you for sharing. :heart:

Lenora: I agree that physicians and their helpers need to have some personal experience with the procedures they use on patients. You are absolutely right in my opinion. :flowerforyou:

Our project under the stairs is nearly completed. All that is left is to get and install doors into the hallway. I put everything away this evening, and there is room to move around plus see the things you're looking for. This is a big improvement. DH initiated this to give himself something to do while I was away. He chose well. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Good evening, lovelies!

3 hrs scanning at the vet clinic, surprised no backache, maybe strength training is helping:? Cable tech checked and replaced fittings bout outside and in, no more "server not found" issues so far. Short on veggies today so will snack on them tonight instead of sweets. Super moon was bright here but nowhere near as H U G E as some of our Harvest Moons have been...

Karen your neighbor story made me chuckle, thanks!
    Heather Kudos and Brava! Alas, I do not like throwing things away, instead of liberation I feel loss and grief... ;{
    Becca, ROTFLMAO! Sherry too! I am SO into pain avoidance that I would never voluntarily allow someone to tattoo or pierce me. Eeeuuuwww!
    Lenora cream cheese pecan pie sounds yummy!
    Glo Bless you for letting the boys sleep there again after the other disaster. Thanks for the lessons, I need to be reminded as I always get too focused on what I'm doing and don't pay enough attention to DH.
    Tere agree about understanding tech, and I used to do systems support for a living. Now I'm hesitating to buy a FireStick and figure out how to watch Amazon TV... ;}
    Carol so sorry about your mother.
    Barbie, love to you and Brandy.
    Kelly sending good thoughts for tomorrow's followup.
    Welcome Marilynena, sweet dreams!
    Toni what a great hubs!
    Re Congrats on "too small" teal top. Well done!
    Katla Really hope the MD notices and validates all your DH is doing. Sometimes guys don't "hear" encouragement from their wives, but do from a male they respect... }
    Rori, ditto and wish I'd said that!

Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the SW Idaho AHMOD who is happy to be here.
    Intentions:
    Smile then listen
    Today: Log like Mary MSH, every bite lick or sip whether over, under or sidewise. . . EVERY day ;}
    November: Strength Training 3 days/week. Zumba, H20 Fit or Line Dance Class 4 times/week.
    Nov-Dec-Jan: Vitamin D 3 x day.

Log: 100%
    Cardio: G/S, B/H20/LD, G/B/AZ, Z, 0, G, H20, S, LD, AZ, Z, G, 0, S
    Strength: 0, non-legs, legs, 1/2 non-legs, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0
    Vit 'D': x x 100% 100% 100% 100% 66%* 66%* 66%* 66%* 66%* 66%* 66%* 66%*
    *2/day but 1 is doublestrength
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - busy day today and no extra kids tonight. Finally got a new doctor after mine left 6 or 7 months ago. Of course now my insurance plan will not be contracting with this clinic next year so I have to either change insurance companies or change doctors again. Anyway the doctor said I am healthy and my heart is strong. She is referring me to PT for my hip and shoulders but don't know how many visits I will be able to do since it's a $40 copay. I've had trouble with my hands falling asleep for some time now and it's a nerve getting pinched close to the top of my shoulder. When it happens I just massage the area and it goes away and my hand wakes up. She is sending me to a cardiologist just because I've never been to one. My Dad had congestive heart failure and my bio Mom did also as well as emphysema. But then they both smoked and drank. I do neither - well a little wine now and then. I think I take after my grandfather who lived to 99.

I'm loving the new toilet they put in the bathroom that flooded. It's higher than the old one so the next time the MB
    toilet overflows (and it will) I'm asking them to replace it too!

Well friends I'm off to feed my parakeets and then to bed to read my book.

See you all tomorrow!

Gloria in WA <3<3<3

• sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Watched "Final Destination 3".... now watching " Terminator: Salvation".....

Barbara - Lol! I can understand the pain avoidance! It actually didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. A friend went with me and held my hand while they did it. She said I didn't even squeeze tight.

Gotta go....helicopter crashing.....
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!
    Up early again, but it feels like I have enough sleep. Getting around 6 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
    I am spending too much money on all this computer business, but I tell myself I am future proofing and if I ever earn any money it can come off tax. :laugh: Of course I also have been buying Christmas presents and nearly finished that. :noway: Looking at clocks for the grandchildren's playroom. DDIL wanted one for Christmas, as part of their present, but I want to get her OK first. I've emailed her.
    I think I woke up this morning thinking about all the money I'm spending, but I count myself fortunate to have any at all.
    Bit worried that no one has been to see the house recently. Only had one viewing. The agent of our potential purchase rang Monday to check we were still interested. :o:*

Barbie - My best wishes to you. <3 At least our pets do not spend all their time worrying about what might happen. That is the human's burden. ((((HUGS))))

Oh well, it's cup of tea time again. :D
    Love to all, Heather UK xxxxx
  • janetr7476
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mary - thanks. We are really enjoying the trip. We do belong to God Sam's but actually only for the benefits and discounts that gives us. We have never traveled with a group or attended rallies, etc. We enjoy doing our own thing. We do take trips with our best friends a couple times a year. We will go with them to Arizona in January and February. We actually leave two days after Christmas. Jack and I will be home for about three weeks before leaving for AZ. After Arizona we will decide if we are ready to stay home for a while or plan our next big adventure.

How is your neck and shoulder feeling? Hope it continues to improve. <3

Janetr okc

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,053 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    My scanning is ready to pick up! :D Going to get it tomorrow pm when DH can drive me. Boy, that was quick!

My new laptop is arriving today, plus the hard drive. Gosh, amazing!

I had a voucher from a company, so I ordered the same soap I bought last year with the same voucher. The soap has lasted me all year. :) Free soap. B) They enclosed a voucher for flowers by post, so I've sent my cancer friend some flowers. With the voucher they were very reasonable and they are delivered through the letterbox, so it doesn't matter if she's visiting the hospital. :D

Didn't do my memoir this morning, so will have to get down to it this afternoon. :embarassed:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone

It is apparently "fast food day" today. Ummmmm.....I am off to the city again today where they have fast food....eeeeekkkkkkkk
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends!
    I am up much earliest than usual for me. Back hurting keeping me awake. I sat too long yesterday finishing up my curtain project. Today I hope to put the up but need D H's help. So wish me luck with that! He has been grumpy lately as with the rain, his hives is acting up and I think there is something else wrong he is not telling me.

My mom called me yesterday asking where a certain hospital was. She was scheduled to have a trigger finger fixed at her local hospital but they have closed the or due to sterilization problems. The doc wanted to reschedule, but she wants it done now! My sis who lives near her was to take her but won't take her to the other hospital as she doesn't drive anywhere she has never been. Told my mom to call me. I live 90 miles from my mom, the hospital is about 45 miles from mom, then I was to bring mom to my sis house that is about 60 miles from hospital, then I was to drive back home, about 100 miles from my sis! I volunteered but explained to mother how much driving that was gonna be. She decided to call my uncle to see if he would take her. After talking to my sis, I find out they were going to postpone the operation only for a week! Mom is 80 and nervous. Sheesh! Will see today. No one called me back last night. Oh yes, did I mention that turkey day was to be hosted by my DSIL who is coming to CT from PA to cook a t at my mom's house?

No wonder I didn't sleep well last night!

Traveling Rita from gloomy CT