• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    They all have beautiful blue eyes! :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    SueBDew – In this area of the state (SWGA) it is against the law for people to pick up nuts that have fallen on the right-of-way (or under pecan trees whose limbs hang over the fence that surrounds the pecan trees. We occasionally still see people getting out of their cars to do so; but, if they get caught they are given a ticket (misdemeanor) and the nuts are confiscated. You do sell them to pecan companies for basically pennies on the dollar or a dollar; and, that charge $12 a lbs., seems quite unfair for all.

Sherry - I think tracking your food, helps you know where you are taking in more CI (calories in) versus CO (calories out). Some people eat back whatever their CO gives them to make the goal a higher number. I don’t. Unless I have 100 or more posts, I rarely read more than 2 days back. I think, since it has only been 2 days and you remember what you ate, personally, I’d go back and track it. You also need to track your exercise to have more CO. I make sure that I don’t use too many CO to eat back because it means that you probably are not staying a CI/CO ratio that will make you lose. Your MD ought to be the one who tells you things like what your calories in, should be and where you are on whether the weight falls into ‘normal, ‘over-weight’, ‘mildly obese’, ‘obese’, or ‘morbidly obese’. Find out what your BMI is and what it should be to be wherever you are most comfortable with.

If you are having a hard time keeping up with who posted want and want to respond to them, then the best suggestion is to open up a word processing program and put them side-by-side. This way you can start at your last post and work up. You cannot start posting and go back a page, you will lose all of it (or something just part of it; unless you post that first; then you can either post what you have already typed; cut and paste if from the open WP and put it in the ‘yellow’ open box where you’d normally start typing, if you had read through all of them. Some days I just skip over to the most recent page, so I don’t have to go back and forth. You can add ‘color’ by simply typing in a ‘bracket’ then in lowercases letters type in “color”, then the “=” sign, then whatever color you want, then another bracket to close it. , then it will show up as the color.. If you don’t want the body of the post; then do the same, using ‘black’ as your color. All this, don’t use any spaces.

Throwing up food, voluntarily, is never a good idea; because it is bad for you throat as well as your teeth. It is bad enough when you have a ‘bug’ to deal with. Anorexics ‘think’ the weigh way too much, so they just don’t eat; bulimics make themselves ‘throw up’ as soon after they eat as they can.

Mary – Medical marijuana is legal in Georgia; but, MDs are having a problem to get the ‘oil; people can travel to a state where it is ‘legal and sold’; the House is ‘divided’ on this and it still is ‘against the law’ to possess it; and ‘illegal’ to grow it. So coming through states where it is not legal can really impose some strict consequences.

Cheri – All we saw was that the moon was very bright. I can remember when we first moved out here 15 years ago, I was coming home; and the moon was as big as I had ever seen it; looked like the moon in “Moonstruck.” I definitely was ‘moonstruck’ by what I saw. I was huge and the sun had not yet gone down. There are “Harvest Moons”; and ‘some other moon’ that area every few years; but, this one the other night was called a “Super Moon” because it is so rare for the moon to come that close to the earth – and they come at much further intevals. I might not live long enough to ever see it again; but, I sure hope I do.

Ladies – I think I would only have ‘nipples’ tattooed on myself; but, that would only happen if I lost them due to ‘breast cancer’ and had my boobs reconstructed. Even then, I would have to ‘think’ long and hard. My DDnL#2 has her lips and eye liner tattooed so they will show up; so she does not have to really worry about how she looks when she gets them done; but, there again, she has to travel across the state to have them done. DYS does not want her to do it. She says they are mildly hurt a little, some swelling. One woman that my DDnL#1 knows had a tattoo of a sun around her belly button; but, it grew as she got bigger and bigger. She pulled up her shirt to show us. I wondered what she would feel like if her tummy did not go back to normal, making it look like the setting sun. LOL!

Becca – Oh Dear – I cannot imagine having a piercing on you nipple. They’d have to knock me out to do it; and, every time I see it has been done; I shudder!” My DDnL#1 had the inside fold of her eye pierce and it got infected and hurt for a long time, she might have even had it taken out. DOS was furious! She had heard that it helped with ‘migraines’; but, having an infected ear made them worse for a while.

RE – We have a scale; but, it isn’t consistent and it weighs heavy; so I just get weighed at my MD’s every 2 weeks. After a weekend of Women’s Retreat and fabulous food; I put on 3.5lbs; I am not happy with it; but, I really did not exercise this past two weeks to speak of. Today I walk 5,300 feet, walking the dog around the property; took me 1 hour and 25 minutes. For some reason, that doesn’t sound very far for as long as it took me to do it. I use a walking stick and take 4 steps for every time I put the stick down. I am in awe of the people walking 12,000 steps a day.

Joyce – We have one toilet that has a leaking tank; I want one that sits up higher in our MBR; take the toilet into the other bath; and, buy a ‘new’ toilet. I don’t want him to do it either, even ‘if’ he is capable; I want to leave that up to a plumber. I think he wants it, too. Neighbor that owns the land across from us is a plumber.

Sharon – I don’t think I have ever won things that I wanted until now. The cross is really pretty and dainty. Took my other necklace off; and, the cross sits right where it should for wearing all my tops.

Lisa – Tell your DD to turn the turkey breast side down when cooking it; it captures all the juices as they drain down. It just won’t be the big brown turkey you are used to seeing on the table; we cut ours as we take it out of the oven. It’s still brown; it’s just not tits side up.

KJLaMoree – I love the music from my HS days – 1965 – 1969; after that the music seemed to get pretty ‘funky’. That’s about the time Janis Joplin came into the lives of my generation. I did not like her for several reasons. Went to ‘art school’ (late ’60’s and early 70’s) so I had to put up with a lot of ‘hippy-types’ and the religious freaks dancing on the sidewalks and trying to talk to you. Dressed in flowing pants, usually pastels. I don’t even remember what they were other than they were freaky. Shaved heads, flowing clothes.

Tere – I like Moscato wine … what is ‘flip flop wines fizzy pink Moscato’???

Michelle – So I ‘think’ what my sisters and I were doing was ‘correct’; highest double in the middle; then we worked out our train (one in front of us) out as far as we could; then, the play started on a rotating basis; anybody could start one of the 4 other trains if they had the number of the double one in the center; anybody could play off them; but, we played that anybody could open up the double before any other play could be played. It was just left open for anyone to play off it. Trains only went on the 3 or 4 (depending on number of people playing); like when you could no longer able to play your own individual train. If the turn came around to you and you could make a play anywhere; your train came off. When it was ‘off’ nobody else could play your train. If you put down a double on your individual train; but, could not open it; you had to draw that number before you could take your train off. Actually, how we played was that someone had to play that closed double BEFORE anybody could play on any of the other trains (up to 8 slots).

Barbara – My family loves my cream cheese pecan pie. It will also ‘freeze’; but, doesn’t have a prayer for it to stay long.

Lenora
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    <3
  • santeeshimmy
    santeeshimmy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well I ended up riding my bike instead of dancing, today. The Dd's fiancé is here. Has the day off. And while I never minded performing for strangers, having my future SIL walk through while I'm shaking my *kitten* just seems a bit weird. LOL

Katy, am I getting shy in my older age? NM
  • santeeshimmy
    santeeshimmy Posts: 29 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    *kitten* ha! Pretty sure I typed a r s e but okay.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I had so much I was writing but as I read and thought of who and what I was writing, Jeopardy came on, Charlie and i got to talking and poof, my thoughts went out the window. I have no idea how to open up a separate word proccessing program. So I depend on my memory!

Re, you get that camera and rock that mirror picture. Good job on the new old clothes.

Katla, I don't remember the name of the medicine for walking that MS patients take but is your husband taking that and that is why he is walking so much better. So glad he is doing better. The only medicines I take now are for symptoms and no disease modifying drugs anymore. Although I did it on my one and at first my neurologist was pretty mad, the next year she was glad I had because it allowed her to down grade me down to benign MS and probably never needed that Avonex that I sure wish I had the money I paid for it all these years.

Love all the traveling pictures. Although I would love to see the National Parks out west I don't think I could do it in an RV. I am glad my daughter and family are wanting to try it. I think they are trying to cram to much in the 2 weeks but she said when they are out of money then they come home. But when they say 'run out of money' that also means there is no longer money in checking and savings. and that is not healthy.

Met with our 'old nurses' group today. We went to O'Charlies and was disappointed that they didn't have more of lunch specials. We all got the endless soup and salad and water and I got potato soup. I was heavy on the cheese in the soup. We are disappointed that there are 2 of our group that come the day of our lunch they realize they already have a lunch date with some one else. Today, and ever other time we have a lunch out, we set the date for the next month. They have always put that date in their phone so why do they all of a sudden have a new date? But they are also the two that will pretty much talk to each other when we are together. One of our group is selling their home, acreage and barns and moving in with their daughter. I love my girls but I don't want to live with them. I breath a sigh of relief when holidays are over.

I don't think I would ever have the guts to get a tattoo, especially eye lids. What happens when your lower eye lids start drooping or you no longer have eyelashes that show up. I can't put mascara anymore

Peace out, Joyce, Indiana
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well, ladies how is everyone???? (this is where you jump and yell "I'm Peachy" to the screen!!)

Today at TOPS I did the program. I read that poem that was posted on here (can't remember who posted it), and then opened conversation to the group to go around and state what empowers them. Many stated the:
    -accountability
    -the fellowship
    -the fact that even if you gained, you hit a mental "reset" button for the next week
    -that attending the meeting helped most face problems, put things in perspective.
    -many were grateful to have a place to be among women, and the camaraderie of it all.

All the above can be applied to our situation :-) I have realized that concentrating just on weight is futile. That "whole health" is my real goal. To be healthy mind with the body. Hanging out with you all surely does that.

Oh today I gained .6 lbs. In the scheme of things it isn't much, but I have been gaining a wee bit for awhile now. So today as I went thru my day I talked inside my head. This is what I discussed with myself:
    -I am a smart, intelligent woman, I know what I need to do to lose weight.
    -I need to put in the work to make weight loss a reality.
    -I need to not settle for eating whatever...

Becca
    that lady that conversates with herself in
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Heather, Bea is beautiful, as are the others. They grow too quickly.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Carol, in Oklahoma permanent makeup artists have to have additional training and be certified in makeup. I told her I wanted the eyeliner very thin and she did exactly that. On the eyebrows they put purple stuff so I could approve the shape, etc before she actually did then permanently. I was afraid when I got too old I would leave the house with one eyebrow in place and one up in my hairline some where. :)

Janetr okc
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) In the AARP magazine this month there was an article highlighting one of my favorite books, "Younger Next Year"....I have the newer version for women. The message of the book is that to get and stay young into your 80's and beyond, you need to exercise six days a week, do serious aerobic exercise four days a week, do serious strength training twice a week, spend less than you make, quit eating crap, care about other people, and connect to others (family, friends, community, so what Becca, said about whole health fits in perfectly with that.

<3 Barbie NW Washington
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Kay - @$$ does it. LOL!!!

Joyce – To open up a word processing program; [well, it works for me] with Windows/Outlook. I ‘minimize’ the MFP community; (and it will take me to my desktop page surrounding it) where the icon appears; I open it up and hit the blank page; and, when I do it is also ‘minimized’. I put them side by side; but, sometimes I will ‘maximize’ either/or because it is easier to read or type; then just ‘minimize’ that page. Then I ‘highlight’ what I have typed in the WP and 'cut' it and 'transfer' it to the open posting box; and, hit ‘paste’. Then I go back to the WP and hit the “X” and it will ask if I want to ‘save’ it or ‘delete’ it. I ‘delete’ it; then I ‘maximize’ the MPF site and go through and read what I have typed. I also double space between each post I am making to a person; because if I don’t they run together. This way it will put one blank line between each person you are posting to; then, for me, I go in and put a space between paragraphs, and then put an extra space between the names. I also go in and BOLD the names (sometimes I put them in color). I tend to write long posts and this is a way to let people read just what I have responded to them about; and if they want to – skip the rest.

Janetr okc - I'm not sure what would happen if you decided to have a facelift (not that I ever would); but, I have been told that I might need an eyelid lift in the event my peripheral vision is affected by drooping eyelids. HA! I have to always make a 2nd run at the mirror to make sure that I have filled in both eyebrows. Same thing in Louisiana; DDnL#2 drives across the state to have it done.

Lenora
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Janet for a minute I thought you were taking a picture in London when I saw that red double decker bus! I am glad you are having a ball and seeing the sights. What fun, don't know if my DH and I have the stamina and courage to RV, but we sometime dream about trying it out. Our wonderful trip to FL is over, but it was exciting that we had such fun together without DD, cause that is what it's all about. This weekend we travel to Washington DC to explore the African American History Museum that just opened this fall, can't wait.

Well Becca said it, we are a supportive group and when we check in with each other, it's like a boost to our own health and welfare. Sometimes I'm up and sometimes I'm down but thank goodness I'm not out!!

Making T-day plans amidst work and travel, and not stressing the details (what a change from last year!)

NYKAREN

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Bea fix!
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hello, Candid Cuties!

I’m not a Lunch Lady, but I play one, on TV... Thru the end of the year, we are having monthly “Team Building” luncheons at my work. One of the last meals that we had was, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. Now... you might notice a complete absence of vegetables, there... and God help those of us who try to keep the carb intake down. So, when we were asked to suggest places that might be able to provide catering for these luncheons – I suggested Panda Express. LOVE the Chinese “fast food.” And there are actually VEGETABLES in it. But, alas, while Panda will provide food in mass quantities – they do not offer delivery of said food – at least not the one near my office. In order to have a slightly more nutritional and much more delicious meal, I offered to pick up the food and deliver it to the office, myself. (Since I come in to work right at lunch-time, it’s not a very great hardship for me to do it.)

As a bonus, I got to take some of the leftovers, so, we get Chinese food for dinner, tonight, and we still have leftovers from my last two crockpots to eat for the next two nights. Now I don’t have to cook until Saturday! Whoot! And if I play my cards right... I won’t have to cook then. LOVE it. Have I mentioned that cooking is not my favorite thing? LOL.

=====================

Pip – you calorie-burning goddess, you!

Toni ;)

DJB)

Katla – Hope all went well for your DH and his MS Doc. And how wonderful that he initiated such a useful project! My DH always wants to do things like – plan a camping trip... *sighs* A trip where I would have to 1) Drive us to the back of beyond. 2) Set up the whole camp. 3) Do most of the cooking, if not all. 4) Haul all his fishing gear around for him, all day. 5) Sleep on the GROUND after a hard day. Errrrr – no. It was different when we lived in Oregon, when he could help and we were both younger.... but now, I just want a nice soft bed at the end of the day – wherever we happen to be.

Rori – Energy and Light back at ya! (Hugs!)

Janet – There’s a COFFEE BUS?!? Can I get them to drive me to work?

Sherry
    – Nothing like shopping in your own closet! Hope you enjoy the massage. There is something to be Thankful for! So sorry about the food poisoning. Hope you are feeling better, Sugar.

Gloria – The Lessons are excellent... Thank you! And Physical Therapy is ridiculously expensive! DH went for 12 weeks for his ankle – to the tune of $112 per week. OUCH.

Carey
    – Thank you! And thanks for checking in with us. We would worry if you stopped.

Lenora – Ah... “S” I think they should just put it on your chest like Super Girl! Time to change out the profile pic, Sugar... you are SOOO much thinner, now. And my scale at home isn’t consistent, or accurate (weighs a good 8 lbs light!) – so I use the one at the gym.

Mary - How is our Kettlebell Queen?

Barbara – Thanks! It was too small a month ago... Gosh, I don’t know what happened...

Heather – Sweetie, I have to confess. I cannot recall the names of two of your three adorable grandbabies... and I suspect I am not alone. Sure, we all remember Bea – she is the one we got to see as a newborn, not to mention that she is likely the cutest baby I have seen in my entire 51 years – but those other two darlings deserve to be mentioned by name. Would you be so kind as to list the names of Bea’s Brother and Sister? That picture of the three of them is marvelous!

Lillian – I wouldn’t even KNOW how to check in from my Tablet.... LOL. I suppose I could check in from the elliptical at the gym, if I did.

Rita – The things we do for our loved ones... Hope Turkey Day is worthy of the drive. *sighs* Ah... the days when I, also, was just the Sous Chef. I long for those days back, but they are, alas, never to return.

KJ – YAY for a happy Mammogram! Can’t wait to see the tattoo.

Cheri:)

Katy – LOL – I have used a second tab in the past... I read the thread and refresh it on one tab – and write the post in another that I leave alone. I had some mixed success – because I got confused about what tab was what – but, I did use that method once or twice to write posts as I read. And I probably wouldn’t do the belly dance video in front of ANYONE – except my DH. Of course, that would be counter-productive – since he would just drag me away from my workout.

Allie – Arthritis sucks. I suppose if I wanted to be charitable, I could say that perhaps SOME of Tom’s bad behavior could be based in pain – but, I am not necessarily inclined to make excuses for him. I hope it doesn’t turn out to be too much more work for you, Sugar.

Barbie
    – Sounds like that plan is not going to work... if you are an early bird and Jake is not, perhaps you should suggest that he walk Sasha? Hope you guys get it figured out. Hey, I am exercising 6 days a week... doing strength training... spending less than I make *(by force, not because I want to!)... sounds like I might be going to stay young forever... Whoot!

Carol – I saw a gal at my office some years ago who had the eyeliner done – it was about as delicate as you could imagine – much finer than I ever could have done by hand – so I have always wanted it. I really am considering it, if it isn’t too awfully expensive. My hands do shake, now – and based on family history – will only get worse over time – so, yeah... eyeliner will be a thing of the past in no time at all, unless I get it permanently etched on.

Kate:p

Margaret - <3

Joyce
    – I have the blurry pics – I may post them, anyway – the curves show – and you can see the difference from my last jeans picture, I think.

Becca – PEACHY! And yes, Whole Health is the thing. I couldn’t do any of what I am doing without the right mindset – it really is all about the head-space, first, then about the rest. Keep on chatting with yourself, Sweetie – you know what happens if you don’t get control sooner, rather than later.

NYKaren – Home is always good. And I don’t stress the Turkey Day thing, either. Turkey usually happens on Saturday or Sunday... lol. Prolly eat pizza on Turkey Day, proper.

=====================

I have to drop the ‘Strong Women Stay Younger’ book back at the library, on my way home – so I am off!

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :p
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 14.16min, 12.3amph, 137mhr, 2.9mi= 99c
    SPIN- 44min, 84r, 95w, 10-14g, 147mhr, 18.1mi = 254c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.50min, 10.9amph, 143mhr, 1.4mi = 69c
    walk station 2 wk- 7.02min, 3.9amph, 109 .4mi = 56c
    walk wk 2 station- 6.55min, 3.8ap, 129mhr, .4mi = 61c
    ride dome 2 hm up Mst- 21.32min, 6.7amph, 147mhr, 2.3mi = 183c, rain!
    total cal 722
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good Evening,

I guess we are starting to go into the cooler more Fall like weather. Sitting wrapped up in a blanket freezing. I have been feeling better each day but I maybe over doing it. Every night the same till I can warm up or I am just getting use to the cold weather.

Hard to believe next week is Thanksgiving. This year is just flying by. Trying to figure out a family dinner that will not blow all of this yet be nice for the entire family.

Hope everyone will have a nice evening

Liz
    Caldwell Idaho