WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    evening Ladies~
    Mary~ Happy Happy Birthday..
    Heather~ I am beyond thrilled for you.. and I am sure your country home will be sold toot sweet!!!
    Homer still not feeling well... geesh will see how he is in the morning... hoping for not another trip to the vet..
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Pat - glad to hear your BP was perfect! That's always sooo important! Great pics of your great grandson! Soooo cute!

Sherry in "the sun came out again today!" Portland
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Sherry, In the last two days I've had weird malfunctions of programs on my laptop computer that later straightened themselves out so perhaps the challenges of your tablet will do the same. Your words are coming through perfectly

:)Juanita, congrats to your hubby on getting a job

:)Heather, I haven't said anything about the house in Hove but I fell in love with the photo the minute I saw it. I am so happy for you. I know you will stay in the moment as all the parts in the puzzle sort themselves out. While you are busy decluttering and packing, your sellers will find the perfect next home for themselves in coordination with you finding the perfect buyer for your current country house and before long we'll hear the story of your moving in to the new house.

:)Mary, Happy Birthday and congrats on finding ways that you can exercise.

:) My visit to line dance class this morning went well. I felt good walking through the dances and sitting while everyone danced to the music. I suspected that I might have been able to dance some of the dances but I stayed with the plan I'd made. After lunch I went for a walk in my neighborhood with my friend who just got back from Texas. However, when Jake suggested going to Costco, I told him that I needed to sit and I got my knitting and watched recordings of figure skating.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful momentarily sunny NW Washington t113030.gif
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    Damnit - .4mi, so just under 1/2mi. I will c myself jogging there sometimes , especially if I am able to keep my pannier in the locker

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Re the mental image cracked me up. Now I'll be yanking the fridge door open blindly grabbing something and making a quick get away. :) Thanks

Janetr okc
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Hello pretty ladies!

Question: Does anyone know how to post pics to this forum from the Android App? I have a Samsung S6 and when I am in the Community Section of the app ready to post on the forum I do not see the Icon to post pics. I'm sure I'm missing something simple but....help please!

Cheri
    Currently watching the World Series, a historic win for either team tonight
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Re - I can sooooo feel you on wanting to push that fast forward button and wanting it now! I've struggled with weight problems all my life and just want this to be over now! I am soooo tired of being fat. So I know right where you are coming from, there's got to be an easier way, right? I just try to take it one day at a time (sometimes one moment at a time, lol!) and do the best I can for myself each day or moment. Eventually time goes by and soon it becomes longer than you think it's been and you have made progress and can look back and be proud of what you have done for yourself. You just have to get through those tough moments one at a time and stick with it. You can do it! I have faith in you!

Barbie - everything seems to be OK with the tablet now. Just not sure why I can't post Smiley's. Maybe it's got to do with me accessing everything through the app instead of the website. Somehow they are getting lost in translation between my keyboard and the app.

Missy went for a walk today with me. I had to change up my route as I don't like her being anywhere close to the main thoroughfare by my house. So we stayed within the neighborhood and she "went on Safari" with me. The neighbors get a kick out of it when they see her walking with me. She is a dandy little walking partner and she loves to check out all the different smells around the neighborhood. Of course she crashed out on the couch as soon as we got back! I will have to take a pic of her soon and see if I can post it on here.

Had the left over soup from last night for dinner again tonight. Always seems to be better the second time around! Had quite the big lunch today but stayed under my calorie goal for the day. Looking back on the last week or so I noticed I am doing a lot better on carbs than I thought I was, which makes me very happy! Sometimes it's the little things that bring us joy!

Well, I should go. It is time to kick back and watch another movie or two again tonight. It's time to "medicate" and take my shot. You ladies have a great evening!

Sherry in "still dry" Portland
  • csofled
    Options
    Thanks Barbie! As my son always says to me: Why do you have so many apps Mom? Just go to the website! I'll give that a try.

Cheri
  • csofled
    Options
    068xkh20oh7l.jpg

It worked! My daughter's 2 cats.

Cheri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :) Our two dogs and the dog we had before are pure bred, purchased from a carefully chosen breeder. Bernie, our cat (see above for photo) was one of a litter of kittens born to a stray rescued by a friend....I love cats that are a mixture of many breeds. On my own, I'd be the crazy cat lady with a house full. Cheri and Joyce, I love the cat pictures.

138892qa3ibxuwbe.gif I am staying up later than usual because Jake wants my company watching the last of the World Series' games
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Mary, such a handsome young lad.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Mary Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:!
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    >:)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Barbie – it works both ways you are an angel on my shoulder reminding me to keep on to each goal..

Southern Sue – youtube is your friend!

Heather – the clutter control sound so wonderful – that even if you did not move it would be a plus; I was going to ask if you could live in the house without any remodel, and then maybe do it in bits – one room now another later, but based on what you have said, it seems like that could work. LATER Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penny – great pic!!!!!!

Mary – Happy birthday!

Sherry – AWESOME! Quitting is a big challenge

Lisa – wow what a long day, but hopefully the end is in sight with a new reporter and going to part time

Juanita – A JOB!!!!! Congrats to DH

Well Wednesday is almost over, and it is my longest day of the week – 5:15- 6 walk Levi, 6:32 a friend arrives for lattes and a chat, 7:15 leave the house for the camp garden with lunch packed, and a change of clothes, 7:45 arrive at camp, work until 11:30, change clothes, hop in the car with my lunch sack next to me, drive to an embroidery shop that I am helping out at – arriving by noon, eating my lunch as I drive, work there from noon to 3pm, leave there for home, arrive home at 3:30 – play with Levi, empty the car, and change into yoga clothes, 5pm leave for yoga, arrive home at 7pm, fix dinner – 9pm drop into bed… but here it is 9:40pm and I’m typing to you with a cup of chamomile tea - both camp garden and yoga were tough workouts today, think I’ll brush my teeth and take an alieve so I can just fall asleep not find it hard to get comfy..

November Goals:

Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California