WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Margaret, Lenora and all you other flamingo lovers. Tonight we are staying atqrp3amwu61t0.jpg
    Flamingo Lake RV Resort. The flamingos are paddle boats. :)

Janetr (I dont think we're on OK any more)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Barbie You got good news and good things to get back to, including bike riding and lifting weights again. It's a bummer you've got to wait for dog walking and dancing, but such a wise thing to not overdo until you're fully cleared. You are moving forward, your expectations are just jumping too far ahead of your healing. You are headed in the right direction <3

Heather did I say congrats on the new house? What exciting news. The outside of the house is fabulous, I think it's what we would call a twin or semi detached? I love houses built mid century, our house was built in 1924 with an addition added in the 70s and we are taking our time fixing it up. The bathrooms had to be gutted and remodeled before we moved in, they were not in a livable condition.

One more grocery app to find more $$ every month, it's called flipp and basically consolidates your grocery circulars so you can comparison shop.

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr LOL! I don't think you are in OK anymore, either!

Michele So nice to have you back!

Purl/Karen So nice to have you back!

<3 to all

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm in the hotel lounge, catching up with you all.
    It was great seeing my two friends, though it was clear one of them didn't want to talk about the problem with the other one. Don't think the "intervention " is going to happen. Nice evening though.

I met up with my cancer friend for tea and she has at last come to terms with the fact that the cancer is terminal. She has told her sons and is turning her mind to thinking about palliative care. It was an odd situation, but I was a bit relieved that she is facing it. Hard thing to come to terms with. I do hope to be at least a bit of a sounding board for her. <3

Tomorrow my friends and I are meeting up at the Tate Britain gallery and then having lunch in the Rex Whistler restaurant. :D I am making my own way over there. I need the space.

Love to all, much love , Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Joyce - for Halloween we usually don't decorate the inside of the house, but we did this year because we had the party. We're still in the process of taking the decorations down. All the outside decorations were taken in on Tuesday so they could dry out before they were put away. Fortunately, we haven't had any rain. I'm sure we're not going to be that lucky with the Christmas decorations.

katla - I've offered to have Mexican Train, and wasn't taken up on the offer (twice). So right now I'm in a way afraid to offer since I'm afraid it'll be viewed as "oh, you've always wanted to host, now you're jumping at the bit". I remember once a few years ago she had to go to a wedding and said "no Mexican Train next month". So many people said "I'd like to play but I don't have the room" so that was one time I offered to have it at my house (in add'n to the other two times). Even other people said to me "boy, she really didn't like you hosting". What's the big deal? She was recently gone for 2 months and someone else had to find places to hold it. Do you think she'd ask if anyone would be willing to host? No. Another gal asked me and someone else. Do you think I was ever given a "thank you for hosting"? Plus, I really don't want to tie myself down to having it EVERY month. As it is right now, Vince being treasurer of Newcomers we're committed to going to the general meetings which are the second Wed. of the month and to the Board meetings which are the last Wed. of the month. Another thing is that this one gal is handicapped and she wouldn't be able to get into the house. I'm sure the reason they're going to the airport is because she doesn't feel self-conscious going there. I remember her hubby telling me that they'd come to Mexican Train early and leave late so that she didn't feel like she was putting anyone out. It would be nice if people would take turns, but one of the guys in charge of finding another place to have MT said right out "we don't want to go to different places". That's another reason I'm sure they're going to the airport. It's his wife who can't get around. But the thing is really she's not doing anything to help herself. She's continuing to get cortisone shots in her knee. She isn't trying to lose weight so she can get knee replacement. And you should see what she eats at MT! Veges she never has, and very little fruit. But creamy sauces and deep fried food -- oh yes. She ALWAYS makes a dessert for MT. Her hubby was really trying to get people to vote for paying $3 and having them provide desserts and drinks so that his wife wouldn't have to make something. But people voted to pay $7 for a dinner and drinks. Personally, Vince and I don't care for the food that's served.9 Vince just got a cortisone shot and the MD said that always getting them promotes the deteriation of the cartilege, so the MD is hoping Vince will get 6 months to a year out of that shot. Yea for your project working out

Warning: RANT to follow:
    I guess I'm feeling a bit peeved right now. When we had the Halloween party, I arranged to borrow a wheelchair for her to get in the house, and once in the house she can use one of our walkers to go to the bathroom. But she opted not to come. Yet, we have to go to the airport because she feels comfortable there but that is going to exclude us. Well, really the exclusion is our decision. But it appears no place else was looked at, just the airport.
    Enough.....

Alison - and I didn't post any of the pics of the outside decorations. Wonder if I can post a video we made?

barbie - you're on your way, give it time

Margaret - yes, I did have fun. I also had fun looking on Pinterest for ideas. Vince just now was telling me how he has this idea for a tree topper. He saw something on Pinterest about it.

janetr - cute boats,

I'm going to try posting a video, hope it comes thru

Michele in NC

Nope, video didn't come thru, I'll try to post pics of the outside

uqov24qoku5r.jpg
    5r51ykhkyxpu.jpg
    ac16qi761dge.jpg
    6srdfk0sjapk.jpg
    rz6zmhg1it02.jpg
    9zldwwwshb0a.jpg
    r3lg4xx6wxdl.jpg

• DEBSMITLEY
    DEBSMITLEY Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Deb here, I've lost 130lbs over 10 years my goal is 160 but would be happy at 170. I currently weigh 192. Been a struggle, not lost anything in 2 years.
    I'm from ft Wayne IN
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Linda here. I am posting here since we have a new monthly post. Checking in..... I am in maintenance now. 5'6" 155--160. Age 62. I lost 41 pounds or so in about 8 months time. I was still trying to lose weight when I was at the high end of my weight range. So really I have been maintaining 4 months.

I know I would of been very frustrated if I wanted to lose below 155 pounds. My weight range is 155--160, I am able to eat out at least 1x week, have my snacks and enjoy my new life style change without being miserable.

The only exercise I do is walking. I have been slacking on the walking lately.....so, this is my voice saying "Get walking tomorrow!" I never did walk the next day. I have been tired and sleeping later in the morning.

Also, I am taking care of my invalid bedbound Mom....maybe this is why I am tired. Mom is becoming more demented and confused at night. Emotionally it is draining at times. Mom has been here for 2 1/2 years. I really do not think she will last another year. Thanks for listening.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Michele, I love your decorations, especially in the arm hanging out of the toilet tank...thanks for posting them for us to enjoy.....someone told me that you have to upload your video to YouTube before it will post on MFP...one of the reasons I have a Facebook account is that I wanted to see the video of your outside decorations a few years ago.

:)Deb, I hope you keep coming back...this is a great place to get support, encouragement, and great ideas to help you on your journey.

:)Linda, it's great to see you posting here...I hope you come back often....there are several of us who have reached our goal weight and come here for the necessary support to not lose track of where we want to be.

<3 Thank you for your encouragement when I was feeling sorry for myself earlier...I am usually the one who goes right to gratitude and I slipped into whining instead....I did help myself by going for a walk and that made me feel much better.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington 2157045gp85zev8ri.gif (pretend the weight is only 15 pounds)
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Well, *Humpf*

I had a nice post all ready to go and I finger-fumbled and lost it all!

Let me give you the Reader's Digest Version...

Super busy at work - Co-worker out til Monday.

Reading, loving the photos, but can't really spend a lot of time posting.

Welcome to the New Folks!

Hugs for everybody!

Re in TX
  • blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    <3
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Re - I've had that happen twice in the last couple of days! Very frustrating!

OK ladies, here goes....
    2479yj67x7ph.jpg
    Had a neighbor take this of me today, thought I would throw this out there. What do you think? Should I post it to my profile? Hope it came through OK. It's the only pic I have of me. I'll have to take one of Missy and post it here so you can meet her too.

Been a long day, didn't sleep so well last night but I'm used to it by now. Haven't really been all that hungry today so I haven't eaten anything yet. Contemplating what I want for dinner, not sure....decisions decisions! I did get my walk in and the weather has been sunny but a little chilly, I love the smell of the fallen leaves. Gave away the rest of the processed food I had in the house (boxed dinners and such). I put an ad on Craigslist and got a bunch of responses. The lucky lady that was the second responder got it all (4 medium sized boxes). There was a bunch of food there and she was so extremely happy to get it as she provides food for several people including her brother. She was a very sweet older lady, I would guess in her 70's. It did my heart good to make someone happy today and it's going to people who need it, and that's what counts. So in all, it's been a very good day!

Well, I should go out on the "plains" and hunt down some dinner. Talk to you all again later!

Sherry in "I'm getting hungry" Portland
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Michele – Welcome back!!!! Glad the Goblins and Ghosts and Witches and other things that go ‘bump in the night’ did not get you! I haven’t been doing too much exercise; other than walking around the property. Made a huge mistake by trying to walk on the easement and doing so when it is so dry. Like walking on talcum powder. Felt so dirty when I got home, I jumped in the shower for a ‘long’ time.

Sorry that you are having to give up “Mexican Train”; I wish I had someone to play with. Enjoyed playing with my 2 sisters when we were at the beach. But, will take it with me to the Women’s Retreat … because we do have periods of time that we aren’t doing much. Just not sure that anybody will help. Oldest sister’s hubby had a stroke last Friday. He’s in the hospital in Miami; but, the live in GA. Thankfully, my other sister lives in Miami and has been able to be with her. Their girls flew down to be with her; and, the came home the other day. Then, the oldest flew back today because they had to go in for a 2nd surgery. Went ahead and did it, so that it would not end up being on an ‘emergency basis’. He was in recovery, the last I heard. So hard being this far away and just not being able to see how they are doing.

I’ve known people who want things going ‘their way’ all the time; very little changing them if they are that way. With Vince being the treasurer of the Newcomers; maybe you could advertise to get a group together or have him mention it. I’m sure you could find a lot of interest somewhere. Don’t give up. Have things for yourself, be a little selfish if necessary. Don’t let her rule your game face.
    WOW! Just saw the outside decorations. Do you decorate that much for all holidays?

Janetr – Oooo, love the flamingo paddle boats.

Lenora
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Janetr thanks for the flamingo fix. A friend flamingoed me with three new pink flamingos last Friday. I'll post tomorrow.
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Today went great! My house is all spic and span! The cleaner name was Sean. And once I got pass Sean being a guy ha ha /. It was great he did such a good job if I could I would hire him on a regular bases. It was such a nice treat.

My husband also jumped in the act got a lot of honey do done. I was surprised but it was super encouraging!

Been surfing Pinterest looking for some new healthy recipes.

Liz
    Caldwell Idaho
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Suebedew - great job on the weightloss!
    Karin - if you need a guinea pig family to study and work with for your Masters Program come on over.
    Cheri - thanks for the link to the calendar!
    Juanita - so happy for you and your DH on the job!
    Michelle - Wow, wow, wow girl!!! You and Vince go all out - I'm coming to your party next year!
    Barbie - so sorry you can't dance yet but I feel it's coming in the near future!
    Purl62 - What is the name of the program you were on and where did you attend?
    Janetr - love the paddle boats!

On to the next page -
    Gloria in Wa

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Good evening, lovelies.

DH built me a leaf bin to hold at least some of the leaves for composting/mulching. I tried to do it myself, got frustrated and was sooooo cold, that I was actually grateful instead of resentful. It looks great and I told him how proud of it and him I was. Was raking up the second canfull when SIL/BIL/GN stopped by to visit, then it was off to strength training and Aqua Zumba. Imagine my delight when returning home found DH had raked up another 3 loads for the bin, then blew the rest of the leaves to the edges of the yard where they'll mulch the shrubbery! DH has been ever so much more active since we moved into this rental, guess when it's ours, he feels we can let it go, but when we're borrowing from someone else, he has to keep up their standards?

Welcome Karin, your clients will appreciate that you've walked the road...
    Michelle, ditto on the time change. grump GRUMP!
    Barbie, if it were me, I'd be on the phone to the local PT asking for an appointment NOW ;} so hard for me to not have my own way! (spoiled only child syndrome ;{ ) Glad you don't do as I do, but do as you do, walking and gratitude what a great approach!

Hugs,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the SW Idaho AHMOD who is happy to be here.
    Intentions:
    Smile then listen
    Today: Log like Mary MSH, every bite lick or sip whether over, under or sidewise. . . EVERY day ;}
    November: Strength training 3 days/week. Zumba, H20 Fit or Line Dance Class 4 times/week.
    Nov-Dec-Jan: Vitamin D 3 x day.

Log: 100%
    Cardio: G/S, B/H20/LD, G/B/AZ
    Weights: 0, non-legs, legs
    Vit "D": x x 100%
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept ok.. but now working 9-5 I have to have my cup of tea and step it up as Tom will be home tomorrow afternoon, sweeping and washing the floors and dusting and tidying up..
    He actually bought me something.., wont fit in his carry on but he took a picture of it and sent it for me.. it is a wall hanging with 2 cute metal owls on it... so thoughtful,so cute..
    Dogs thank goodness have been well the last few days...
    Michelle~ love the decorations!!!!
    Heather~ glad your having a nice time..
    Sherry~nice picture..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    happy Friday. Jam packed day that includes my annual GYN exam. No fun, but important.

Simple goal for the day, don't collapse at end of the day, go to the gym and walk! Don't know if I'm gonna follow through on that one, but I know I ought to :s

Love the Halloween decorations--AMAZING--and the flamingo paddle boats--would be fun to take out for a spin!

Let's Be good to ourselves today!

NYKAREN