WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Kim, thanks, I know huh, Jack took it for me. I told him it looked like something from a Disney movie. Can you see the fish in the upper left corner. Several fish too. :)

Janetr okc
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    I have been taking it easy the last couple of days because doing the kettle bell brought back to much muscle pain and spasms. So I am recommitting to exercise on Monday in giving my body a rest.

Janetr- awesome picture! I would have loved to ride the pink flamingo with you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. At moms, using a walker. She has improved since this first happened I am told. Today is Kirby's anniversary of him getting hit.
  • blumenstockbj
    blumenstockbj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Janet Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

Rita stunning picture!

When I came back from helping with a program on owls from the Nature Center I volunteer at these were waiting for me. A friend know I was having a hard time with DS#1. 1g61620xqtbf.jpg

a1v4lt4gzvlo.jpg

Christmas cactus blooming early:

hpom7uosym5h.jpg

Can you believe this weather, we haven't had a frost! Gayle
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    :)
  • IndyGurl2911
    IndyGurl2911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this message board. I'm 56 so I fit right in. I look forward to getting to know you.

My November goals are:
    1) walk 10,000 steps a day
    2) log my food and exercise daily
    3) don't eat an entire pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving

1 & 2 are a piece of cake...see what I did there? haha.
    #3 will take Divine intervention! :smiley:

Lora
    Indianapolis, Indiana
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Gayle laid out in the lounge chair today on November 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbe: I'm glad that you're now able to go for long walks & ride your exercise bike. I rode one at the gym today before yoga. It is a great way to burn calories. :smiley:

Michele: I hope Denise grants your wish for Christmas Eve. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :heart:

Margaret: I just looked at my Christmas Cactuses because of your post. I have one that has a few open blooms. The others aren't showing color yet. Thank you for sharing and inspiring me to see what is going on in my own home. :bigsmile:

Sue in WA: I like the idea of meeting at the Albany Horse Fair. It isn't as far for me as it is for you. I'll put it on my calendar and see whether I can make it. What a neat opportunity! We can check in on the idea when the time is closer to see if we can make the connection. :bigsmile:

Gloria in WA: I enjoyed my time with DD & have seen for myself that she is doing well with her husband's large family. DH and I need to make some fun plans for ourselves for the holidays. :star:

lorilynnmmckee: Welcome to a great group. Click on the blank star at the top of this page to bookmark it so you can find us easily whenever you want to stop by. :flowerforyou:

Lisa in WTX: It sounds like things are going your way. Congratulations! :smile:

Anne-Margaret from Toronto: Welcome to a great group. :flowerforyou:

janetOKC: Thanks for the sympathy. DH and I need to make plans for ourselves that will be fun and happy. Working on it. :smiley:

Pip: I'm sorry for your mom's struggles. Congratulations to Kirby for triumphing over his own accident. :heart:

Lora from Indianapolis: Great goals! You've found a good place for encouragement and support. :star:

We've had a good day today. DH is meeting with High School classmates for lunch tomorrow & I have a riding lesson. I'm looking forward to it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • janetr7476
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I have been taking it easy the last couple of days because doing the kettle bell brought back to much muscle pain and spasms. So I am recommitting to exercise on Monday in giving my body a rest.

Janetr- awesome picture! I would have loved to ride the pink flamingo with you!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Oh yes!!!! That would have been great fun. :)

Janetr
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the birthday wishes. My birthday is actually tomorrow, the 5th. But, hey I don't mind celebrating for a few days, after all it took me many many years to get here. o:)

Oh, we found out there is a marathon in downtown Savannah tomorrow. We will wait and go down Sunday or Monday. The motor home next door is from Oklahoma and I saw that a newbie from Canada posted she is here in Savannah for the marathon. Small world.

Janetr
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Sherry, so sorry the shot didn’t help at all. I do hope the PT will make a difference. My favorite parts were when I’d get the heat and massage on my back when I was doing PT. Sending healing thoughts your way!!!!

Judy, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. My suggestion is to come here daily and make it for the rest of your life, not just through the holidays. This group of ladies are wonderful.

Kim, that was a very good point you made to Allie. Who knows, that may be the case. Families aren’t easy.

Heather, I love the look of the house you are trying to buy. What will you have to do to it before you can move in? Or can you live there while you update??? What fun!!!!!!!

Margaret, such a wonderful tribute to your Mom. Great job!!!

Janetr, sorry to hear about your sister. I sure wish you’d be driving through Myrtle Beach on your way north but I’m guessing you do the interstates.

Penny, yes you were gorgeous in your picture. I can remember thinking I was fat when I now realize that I wasn’t even a pound overweight. What is that about???

Mary, t3304.gif Sorry I’m a day late, but still trying to read all the posts. I hope it was a wonderful day.

Sherry, a huge congrats on not smoking. I smoked for years, quit for 12 and started again. *yes, how stupid!!!* I have now been smoke free for over a year and will never do that again. I still get urges but they are something I can resist. I’m so proud of you and know you must be also.

Judy, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often and make this a life journey. What part of Wisconsin are you in? I lived in Milwaukee for 10 long cold years back in the 70’s. Still miss it but not the weather.

Heather, a huge congrats on the house. Now the real fun begins. Is it contingent on your selling your house? Will you be able to move in after you close or will there need to be work done before you move? I love the look of the house and can’t wait for pictures of the interior. builder-smiley-emoticon.gif

Juanita, I love the pictures. Such a nice family and that grand is a doll!!! Congrats on the new job for DH!!!

Pat, your grandson is such a cutie!!! I’d say you have a good incentive to lose that 20 pounds. You know we are with you!!!

Cheri, Barbie and Joyce, I love all the fur baby pictures! Thanks friends.

Gloria, I hope you are feeling better!! (((Hugs)))

Cheri, hope the light box therapy does the trick.

Sherry, so good to see you. How nice to give the food to someone that needed it. You go girl for eating healthy.

MicheleNC, your party prep was just outstanding. No wonder you didn’t have time to chat with us. I’m sure it was a huge success!!! So glad you are back with us.

Heather, so sorry about your friend.

Lorilynn, welcome. You just joined by posting. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. We also appreciate it if you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Joyce, how wonderful that Charlie can take care of business without your assistance. That has to be a huge help to you.

Lora, welcome to you as well. Glad to have everyone with us.
    A huge CONGRATS to the Cubs.

won-the-trophy-smiley-emoticon.gif

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    Congrats to all that have had victories the past month. Healing thoughts and prayers to those of you with health issues or other problems. Sorry I read/skimmed so fast that I may have missed a lot. I went to work out this afternoon and don’t know why I don’t do it daily…..except I am a lazy bum! The weather is turning cooler here and to get into the 40’s tonight with a high in the 60’s tomorrow. It has been just beautiful the past two or three weeks.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Holy Cannoli's, I had 10 pages to mull over when I added the November thread today!!!

Everyone seems to have survived that first bump in the road to eating healthy...called Halloween!

Now we have to gear up for Thanksgiving..... breathe! You will just shake your head when you hear of what my household does for Thanksgiving..... It's pretty sorry, but here it goes. On Thanksgiving Day I put my hand in the freezer and get out a couple of "Hungry Man turkey dinners". I then inspect them carefully (there is always that ONE pea that gets into the cranberry dessert... I put the oven to the correct temp, and then take them out when they are done. Really, that is what we do, hahahaha! I have decided to just not participate in the whole shindig. I used to do the turkey, make the sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, homemade gravy, salad, rolls and pie. It was a whole morning affair with my taste buds dying out (from testing all the food as it was cooking etc., what cooks normally do) about the time the meal was on the table. Then it was my three sons and husband eating the meal in about 30 minutes and then it was the leftovers and clean up. I just decided that I was done. I know, I'm one crazy lady hahaha. But you all don't judge me, and I admire those that do DO the whole affair with FLAIR and the whole nine yards.

Well today I rec'd a call from my eldest son and he WILL be coming home (got leave) from the 22nd of Dec to the 29th! I was telling him of some gifts I had thought of for his brothers, and he confessed he didn't know what to get us. I told him straight up, "YOUR PRESENCE IS MY PRESENT"! Don't bring anything, maybe your debit card. I asked him that he could help with groceries as I would be spoiling him rotten. He said, "That I can do!" I am so excited!!!!

Remember I told you I went thru my family photo albums and made a box of baby thru 10 yrs old photos for the middle child? Well I told my eldest son to bring his baby photos that I gave him just thrown into an album, and I would do the same. Heck, you can fit so many photos if its just filed in a box. Plus I will make file separators that have the addresses of each place he has lived so he can have those. Guys aren't into the whole "pretty album" thing anyway. Just put them in a box that they can go thru when they have a wife, etc...

Also he will be renting a car to drive down from Widbey Island, so that is a relief! He had told me he was going to take 8 hrs. or so and drive his scooter down, (with extra parts in his backpack that he might need if he broke down). Oh and the petrol he was going to strap on the back. My spider senses were HUMMING when he told me that. "Um son, you are freaking out your mother!!...." So now, he is acting more like an adult.....

Lets see, my November Goals.....

-Eat like a healthy human, not a human trash can.
    -Get enough sleep so my face doesn't look like I have taken silly putty to it...
    -Mentally go thru my life and realize how thankful I am.
    -Accept compliments with grace. I have a tendency to take a compliment and twist it into a joke ending, or make it into a comedy routine. My poor husband will compliment me, and I say "yeah whatever".
    -Drink more water, Oregon has great water!

"Whatever your problem is, the answer is not in the fridge." by someone I can't remember...

((((group hugs everyone))))))))
    Becca
    Oregon

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    Lenora - I'm not a confrontational-type of person. I'd rather just send a flyer to the neighbors and see if anyone is interested in playing Mexican Train. Hey, if they want to play at the airport and at Game Night, to me, so be it. I truly believe that what goes around comes around.

carsonmom - good choices!

lorilynnMckee - we welcome everyone! Welcome to the night-eating group, that's my downfall, so is boredom. pip will tell you that the instruction is to send her $50, but in reality the only rule is to let us know how it's going with you and to have a good time. Other than that, nothing.

There seems to be a lot that I need to catch up on. But I will....

Joyce - so happy for Charlie taking charge of his bag

Anne-Margaret - welcome! That's great that you are running.

NYKaren - I have my bone density next Tuesday

Hi Lora

katla - Denise is coming here this year for Christmas Eve. But I am going to talk to Pete's mother and grandmother about following years. I'm afraid that they're going to have to talk them into it.

Becca - how wonderful your son will be with you!

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :'( We had a great day and headed off to Costco about 4:30 and while we were gone, the call came from Physical Therapy so I have to wait til Monday to call them back to schedule something. I know, that is a very simple problem compared to what is going in the lives of most people, but now that I've vented with all of you, I feel much better. :)<3

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington t113030.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Barbie – Glad you are finding your way! I am sorry you are not progressing as fast as hoped but so much quicker than so many would!!!

Well today was a bust, sorta…. Well not a bust but not what I expected…So I drove to the outlets, and there was NO traffic, I made it in an hour and 2 min… I expected 1.5 hours… texted my friend and we were able to meet early… so she wanted to go to a Mexican taqueria for lunch they usually have a choice or two you can make work, not this one – no salad, no vegie burrito… so I had a chicken burrito ate ½ for lunch and ½ for dinner…I’m not the huge meat eater, would rather it be in the level of a condiment…but this was a good ½ pound of chicken in a tortilla… and after lunch (we had only spent an hour and a half together) she admitted she was not feeling well, and she felt she should go home… boo hoo… I did stop and pick up the one item I wanted at the outlets. And then came home, I did get to meet with a client and have a less crazy busy day. So I am grateful for that, but sad I did not get to spend more time together.

It is persimmon time!!! I love them, they are crazy expensive even though they are growing in folks yards here, but a few folks know I love them so I have been given a few… yummy!!

I got an invitation for Thanksgiving dinner at a friends, it is a 2 hour drive each way, going to try to find a “dog sitter” so I can spend the night, but that is a hard time to find a sitter, so I may do the round trip…
    I did have to smile as I asked her if I could bring anything and she said “I have no idea what I’ll fix, so don’t know what I’ll need” This house will be one of the few without a turkey… Just because she never does the expected. There will be 15 of us….many who I have not seen in a few years, it will be nice to connect.

November Goals:

Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    Options
    At Flamingo Lake in Jacksonville FL Yesterday

axua49oztado.jpg
  • GodMomKim
    Options
    ps forgot.... someone was headed to pinterest for new recipes, Heather recommended Skinnytaste.com and I have loved it too... nice because everything is pretty do-able calorie wise.