WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Heather- (((hugs))) to you and your friend. I'm sure your friend appreciates your support.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Sherry ~ You look great in your picture and I love the Fall leaves all around. I don't have any full body pics to share. I hate to have my picture taken.

Michelle ~ Your decorations were awesome. Welcome back.

Janet ~ Lovely lake view. Is today your BD or is it tomorrow? Anyway, happy birthday! :)

Heather ~ So sorry about your friend. I know that must be hard for you to face and for her.

My eating has been awful all week and I am up two pounds more. All I've tried to do this year is NOT gain any more and now I've let these 4 lbs. creep up on me and can't seem to lose. :'(

Carol

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Happy Friday!!! Doing the Friday dance! Woo-hoo!
    Janet- Love the flamingo boats! Have fun in Savannah!
    Michelle- So good to see you back and your party looks like it was a blast! Your house and yard look AWESOME!
    Heather- So sorry to hear about your friend. I am sure just having some one to talk to about it and bounce thoughts off from was a relief and comfort to her. Love and hugs to you both <3
    Sherry- You look great! I love your idea of getting rid of all of your processed/pre-packaged meals! I am sure the lady who got them was VERY thankful! WTG with your walking every day!
    Penny- I can see you skipping through the streets, happy to get away from the paperwork. I skip when I am happy, I also like to throw my arms wide and spin! Wheeee!
    Well, coming into the weekend, I have my normal list of things to do, but I am watching my lawn closely. It has been two weeks since I have mowed, but the cooler temps have slowed down the grass growth. I think I may have mowed my last, for this season! (tentative halleluiah being sung in my head right now!)
    ttfn KJ (Kelly)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Haven't done any exercise yet as DH and I have been shopping (which we both hate) as well as food I was looking for some black boots but they were all too big around the calf. This is a pain but a good pain in a way as it shows my weight loss.

Just had lunch and will try to fit a workout in this afternoon, it is a horrible cold wet day so wont be walking outside.

Does anyone know how to find the bookmarked threads when on website?

Love all the pics will try to post some when I return from Spain (going next Friday) it is Fiesta so there will. e lots of parades etc
    Be kind to yourselves and others

Kate UK
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Carol, thank you so much, sweetie. Tomorrow is the day. I'm going to be looking for a fabulous dining experience tomorrow night in Savannah. :)

Heather, so sorry to hear about your friend. (((Hugs))) <3

KJ thanks, I'm excited, the RV resort we will stay at has the trolley come to the site to pick us up for the grand tour. WhooHooo !

Janetr (headed to my antebellum adventure)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    TGIF!
    Now that I am out of work, that doesn't mean as much. Oh well...

Finally sorted out Medicare supplemental and part d for DH and I. What a job that was! At least I understand it now.

Talked with DD #1 yesterday. Been a while. She has been so busy. They hold a huge Halloween haunted house in their driveway each year, dgs#2 is in soccer, she has a brand new camper that is leaking, and a bunch of other things. Made me exhausted just listening.

I walked dogs, stacked some split wood DH did, shot hoops with DH, schoolwork, knitted, and put away some of my Halloween decorations. Got my exercise in but only 8500 steps. Still not bad.

Later!
    Rita from CT
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Barbie: It sounds like you have to ease back into your usual activities and I'm sorry that you still have hoops to go through and restrictions on what you can do. :ohwell:

Purl: Good luck. :smiley:

Janetr: Did you & DH take a ride on a flamingo? Nice photo. :flowerforyou:

Michele: We invited two couples that live in our neighborhood to play Mexican Train months ago. It was a nice get together, and their first time playing Mexican Train. It was essentially a training session. We enjoyed the evening but we haven't done it again. We used to play with our kids when they came for holidays, but they've moved too far away. I hope you are able to get things sorted out so that you can continue to enjoy the game and the people. I love your pictures. :flowerforyou:

DebSmitley & llbrixon: Welcome to a great group. There is a lot of encouragement, wisdom and support shared by this group of wonderful women. :smile:

We've been making holiday plans. We will go to DSIL's place for Thanksgiving this year and stay home for Christmas. Our kids are far from us and will be spending the holidays with in-laws. I have to admit that the situation makes me sad and more than a bit envious. I could work myself into a big pity party if I'm not careful. :sad: Pity parties are usually not helpful. :noway: It is time to woman up. It is a challenge at the moment.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Katia about 5 years ago DH said he didn't like the way I had to run around at Christmas time (we used to have DD and family staying and the visits from brother and family and son) I enjoyed it for a while but it became a real hassle. DH suggested we go away for the holiday and so we did it once and enjoyed it so much we now do it every year for 3 or 4 weeks. Saves on heating bills too.
    Family accepted it and now they just ask "what date do you leave"

Just enjoy each other's company and the peace, text or skype family, relax and enjoy

Kate UK
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kate UK Are you talking about bookmarking this thread? If so, go to the top of the page where you will see a pale star at the top right corner of the first post on the page. This is not the grey star at the very top of the page, but a little further down across from WOMEN AGES 50+.... Just click on it, which will turn it yellow, and the thread is bookmarked. At the end of the month you can click on it again to unbookmark when the next month's thread is started. Repeat each month...

Karen in VIrginia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    :) running off to a play day today, YEAH!!! going to meet up with a friend who lives about 6 hours drive away, she is visiting her mom for a week (3 hours away) and we are meeting at an outlet mall about 1.5 hours drive away! So worth it to see her. But read the posts with breakfast, and Liz (and others) a great recipe site is skinnytaste.com, Heather introduced me to it, and I love it... especially because even the super tempting things are doable from a calorie stand point.

Kim
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :) I have gotten over my little "snit" about not being cleared to dance, yet, and am enormously grateful that I can go for a long walk this morning and again this afternoon and also ride my exercise bike for 15 minutes later.

<3 Barbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Patrick Godeau's Extreme Calorie Burn DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Floor Burn DVD. This is a new one for me, should be interesting.

Hi Deb!

barbie - I've posted the videos on facebook. Along with some pics (really, the same ones I posted here)

Lenora - Halloween decorations are the warm up to Christmas. Vince has one computer JUST for the Christmas decorations. Unfortunately, he's never gotten around to writing the program to have music synced with lights. I told him that he really needs to start in July next year, because it does take a while to write the program for a few minutes of music. Wish you were on facebook so you can see the video of the outside decorations.

Gloria - we don't have a Halloween party every year. I guess the last time we had one was about 4 years ago. Hey, I need time to buy new decorations at 50% off!!!!

Anyone who'd like to can friend me on facebook and see the videos of the outside decorations. I'm Michele LeGrand

Barbara - we used to have this shredder thing for the leaves. Then I could get a lot more leaves in the bags to be picked up by the trash people. We don't have very many trees here, tho

Janet - happy birthday

After exercising had something to eat then went to Aldi. Vince wants to go to Lowes Hardware to get some PVC pipe for Christmas decorations (thank goodness for that stuff, it really gets used a lot). I need pork chops so I want to go to WalMart which is right next door.

Rita - you said your daughter has a haunted house? Is it an inflatable? We have a haunted House inflatable. We just used The Grim Reaper one this year. Aren't those called burning bushes?

katla - I totally understand about your feelings of enviousness about the holidays. Denise spends every single holiday with Pete's family. I think at her wedding I'm going to mention this, say that I'm willing to give up every other holiday, but I only ask for Christmas Eve since that is very important to me.

Michele in NC
  • carsonmom4
    carsonmom4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have become so complacent since knee surgery so I decided to walk to lunch since I didn't have time to make a lunch yesterday. The walk was enjoyable especially since it was a sunny 60 degrees which is amazing for Wisconsin in November. It was a short distance a few blocks there and back to the office, but a good start for more to come. Soon I will be released from doctor to return to Zumba. I can't wait.

Oh and lunch well....I think my choice was actually pretty good. It was $1 burgers and $2 martinis day at a retaurant near my office. Of course no martini but I did have a turkey burger with avocado lettuce tomato bacon and red onion. No sides and 2 huge glasses of water with lots of lemon. I also did a no, no shhhh.
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Kate UK Are you talking about bookmarking this thread? If so, go to the top of the page where you will see a pale star at the top right corner of the first post on the page. This is not the grey star at the very top of the page, but a little further down across from WOMEN AGES 50+.... Just click on it, which will turn it yellow, and the thread is bookmarked. At the end of the month you can click on it again to unbookmark when the next month's thread is started. Repeat each month...

Karen in VIrginia

I have bookmarked the thread in the app but when I go to the website I can't find my bookmarked threads is it possible on the website?
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies-

Really enjoying the pictures y'all are sharing.
    Happy birthday, Janet!

I'm having a quiet morning but should get to work on somethings around the house. Mmmmmaybe I will in another 30 minutes. Ah, retirement.....
    Toni