WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Kate - top of the page there should be a black star = right across from the main "Message Boards>Motivation and Support" heading. Click it and you get a drop down of your bookmarks.

hugs!

Re in TX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Re - thanks have found it

Kate
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Michele, my DD does up her carport and has volunteers be 'actors'.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Another dry day here but then rain is expected again this weekend. Maybe there will be a few dry periods and DD and I can work some more on the temporary pasture. We have to pick up DGD at school today and bring her here. Her dad will pick her up later to go to a volleyball game. I think she will be sad, she just lost a second dog friend within the last couple of weeks. Got my water exercise in this morning and have done well so far with food.

Mary and Janetr - Happy, happy birthday.

Heather - Glad things are going well with the house.

Juanita - Congratulations on DH getting new job. That has to be a great relief.

Lisa - Good luck with your sale. Hope most everything walks out of that warehouse.

Katla - How far are you from Albany, OR? DD and I are thinking about going down for the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo March 24-26. We may take my son's RV to stay in. If it is not too far would you be interested in meeting up with us for a bit one day? Lots of horsey things to do and it would be fun to see you.

Sending healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in WA
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Rita - those look like the Burning Bushes we have here in WA. They are so gorgeous this time of year.
    Barbie - love your attitude and determination!
    Kim - yay for old friends! I have a friend I grew up with in CA and we get together every time I visit my family.
    Kate - this is going to be a difficult holiday season with my Mom passing away in July so I suggested to my sisters that we skype this year as we all get together with our various families.
    Katla - (((((hugs)))) hopefully the recent visit to DD will sustain you through the holidays.
    Penny - I'm happy that you got a break and did something fun with DH.

I have a sick child home from school so that's put a damper on my plans for today. I'm off to my doctor appt.

Later gators! friendly-corocodile-waving-smiley-emoticon.gif

Gloria in WA
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Pipcheerleading-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lorilynnmckee
    lorilynnmckee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can anyone join in here? I'm 57YO, interested in support from other ladies my age. I've lost about 20 pounds, gained 10 back and would like to lose it again. According to BMI, I could lose another 20 to be healthiest, but let's not push it. :) I have the most difficulty with eating too much at night and week-ends (my routines keep me pretty much inline during the work days) and eating because of boredom or frustration.

Anyway, you all sound nice - I hope I can join in.

Are there any rules or instructions I need to follow?
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Gloria The first Christmas without your Mum is really hard but a good idea to use Skype. The technology is wonderful what would we do without it.

<3 Kate UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Sue! Me too.

And on that note, time to go put the final touches on all that...

And the news was good... the owner bit on getting a reporter in to do the city/county beat and for me to go back to part time... now my boss just has to tell her what I want an hour, and that's going to be a hard sell. Decided to stay full time to get us through November, and I'll start part time Dec. 1. Nice Christmas prezzie to myself.

Happy birthday, Janet, if I missed saying it, and I probably did!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Rita, when my Mom lived in the retirement apartment community, they had a huge row of that bush. They had them trimmed so that it was one long bush. I loved the fall and winter. I have no idea what it is called, I always called it a burning bush just because that's what it looks like. I remember those years so fondly. It was such a wonderful place for her. She hated moving out of her house and cried herself to sleep for several nights. She lived there about 7 years. She started out in a tiny one bedroom apartment that was in the old part. The building was over 100 years old and had that wonderful base boards and stained glass. A state senator came and visited and told them about the widows benefit pension fund. We looked it up, I helped her with all the paperwork and it gave her over $1000/month which allowed her to move into a 2 bedroom apartment in the new part which was only 50 years old. It allowed my brothers to stay the night when they come to visit which really brought their costs down. She embraced living there so much.

I forgot to say yesterday that Charlie has changed his ostomy bag for the last 3 weeks!!! What a breakthrough. I think the time he did it pretty much on my insistence that he found out how easy it would be.

Joyce, Indiana
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • BurningRubber65
    BurningRubber65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nice to have a place to come for support. Anne-Margaret from Toronto Canada visiting Savannah Georgia to riun a half marathon before I turn 51. Had a stroke last year and I haven't trained bc of fear so I'm facing my fear and running. Thanks for being here
  • southernsue1961
    southernsue1961 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good for you BurningRubber65! Went to the doctor today and am scheduled now for a chemical stress test on Tuesday.
  • southernsue1961
    southernsue1961 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't know why it edited out the rest of my reply. Anyway, all positive thoughts and prayers are appreciated!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    lorilyn you join by posting her. We are a chatty group, a lot of folks read everyday, many post everyday. There's lots of advice, tips and support along withdjs boot when we get too whiny :# I have the same overeating issues that you mentioned especially when I don't have the structure of work.
    So keep coming back and chiming in, Barbie posts a new forum each month, we often set out goals, some are weekly some are monthly, whatever works, we are supportive and accountable to each other! Let us know what you like to be called and where you are from.

Joyce how could you forget to tell us!! Wow three whole weeks, that is a big deal, you must be soooo relieved that he has taken ownership of that part of his life. Congrats :D

Had great rehearsal today, stayed positive. Also, had my ob/gyn appt and will have to go to a bone density appt for the first time, ahhhh getting older takes a village :(

NYKAREN

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Katla I wanted to ride on the flamingos but Jack wouldn't. I told him next time Im bringing Joyce (my friend) she's always game. :)

I'm so sorry as bout your kids and the holidays. I'm in that same place and it is hard. ((( hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    <3 i love turtles..... that is a neat shot!

Kim
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Pipcheerleading-smiley-emoticon.gif

Pip I second Gloria. You go, gf

Janetr
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well the day is over and it has been a long week.. got the dogs out to do there business and they are back in.. think there is still something going on with Homer.. I am working until noon, and if I have to will take Homer to the vet afterwards.. but here is hoping the meds kick in,,,,
    going up to Faith's tomorrow afternoon and staying overnight.. Tomorrow is my DSIL birthday... so they went away for the weekend..