WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Cheri what site are you using for emojis?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Welcome, new friends!

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to all of you!

Got up this morning, and on a whim decided to wash Bailey, our Coton. Had to be at work by 8, so I took him in the shower with me. He is a sensitive soul, and doesn't like being bathed, so of course he started screaming bloody murder when I started to wash him. I sat down on the shower floor and doggedly :D kept at it. By the time I was done with him we had an audience. My partner and our 3 other dogs all in the bathroom watching me wallow around in the shower with a screaming dog. Do you love it? I did make it work on time to my utter surprise.

t0437.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    :smiley:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Cheri what site are you using for emojis?

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janetr: Your DGD is gorgeous! :smiley:

Joyce: Your family has created excellent holiday traditions. You've solved the social problems of who will be where with practical ideas that allow everyone to win. Celebrating a holiday on a date that works for everyone is brilliant. :bigsmile:

Pip: I love the photos of your pups in Christmas clothes. I like them even if they're old photos. They are full of love and happiness. :heart:

Gloria: We didn't have any rule about political discussions, but everyone avoided politics. Worst event was watching the Ducks v the Beavers Civil War football game in a room full of Beaver Fans. Unfortunately, Ducks lost. :cry: Best event was enjoying the family. We played a version of Mexican Train last night with DSIL's best friends and the family. Some of the rules were odd, but we had a good time. :smiley:

Barbie: Congratulations on the new shoes & boots. They look like they'll be just right for the walks you love so much. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: I have a weird mental image of you in the bath struggling with the screaming dog, and your partner and the other dogs around the sidelines cheering for their teams. :laugh:

We've had a lovely time but I'm ready to go home. DH wants to stay until Monday. I think our niece, nephew & grandnephew will be leaving tomorrow and I would like to do that, too. I'll mention it to DH in the morning.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

November Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie love, love, love the new boots.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Katla, thank you. She is such a sweetheart too, but I may be little prejudiced. :)

Janetr okc
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all... stopped in Abilene - about another 200 miles to go, and we'll be home, but we were both tired, and neither one of us likes driving at night anymore. Not sure I ever did. So, we got a nice hotel, with a suite, so I can be out tippy-tapping away on the keys, and he can sleep in. We should be home about noon or 1 p.m., plenty of time to do everything but laundry, which is just going to have to wait until Thursday.

Foggy drive out of Missouri, and then socked back in until well past Tulsa, so the first four hours yesterday were a little tense, which also made us both tired. It was a lovely drive after that, except for the scenery. Flat isn't even close to it...

And speaking of which, Sue in WA, while we didn't find a specific piece of land, we definitely found the area we want to move to... a triangle bordered on the west by Fort Smith and Fayetteville, Arkansas, over to Mountain Home, Arkansas. Missouri's a little too wide open, and not enough hills. We want mountains and streams and trees, and enough flat space to build a home tucked back into a hill, and put in a small garden, and keep animals. The Ozarks were just amazing, and exactly what we're looking for.

Now, while we're waiting for the warehouse to sell, I've taken on a labor of love for a friend. I'll sit down and talk to her about it on Thursday, which will be the beginning of dropping back to part time. She wants a T-shirt quilt or two done, so I gathered up some information about them, and we'll sit down and talk price and design next week. So looking forward to that... I've got plenty to keep me busy during the days I'm off, and want to begin doing the things that will make money while creating and designing, two of my other loves.

Got to get my op-ed written for the week.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Central Texas, soon to be back in West Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    morning early risers. As I sip my coffee I just knew I'd find a post from you lisa :p glad the trip was great and those grandkids are adorable. Good that you know the terrain you are looking for and taking your time about going about it. It is a big exciting step.

Well back on track, made a grreat big pot of stock and had a very delicious cup of chicken broth for dinner last night, felt great after all that overindulging. Even went shopping for DD yesterday, found a pair of warm boots (kind of like Barbies) for her and about 4 sweaters. She is a frugal bargain hunter, from a long line of women who could squeeze a nickel till it squeaks ;) the whole weekend was filled with friends, family and a little business, banking, RX refills, and paying her tuition :# all in all a very busy 5-days.

I am looking forward to the joy of a normal week or what constitutes for normal in December! Simple goal for the week, making the gym a daily goal and eating down the contents of my fridge with little food waste- have a lot of soup to enjoy :/

NYKAREN
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the bold!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Happy Sunday Ladies
    Weighed in this morning and gone down a little should be down more before I go to Spain again in 3 weeks

Karen laughed out loud when I read your story of the shower so funny I could picture the faces of the onlookers

Today is date day with DH I try to stay within calorie limit but it's the wine that does it never mind I'll go do 45 min workout now and burn off some of those calories in advance.

Yesterday stayed within on food but did weight workout and kettlebell but no walking and then spent most of the afternoon and evening watching Darts on TV which we both love.
    We both used to play darts and indeed spent most of our honeymoon (spent in my Aunt's caravan in Wales) in the village pub playing darts and beating allcomers DH was even offered a job with a big company on the strength of his playing. In those days companys had all sorts of sports and leisure activities and competed against one another.

Welcome newbies have a lovely day and take care of yourselves and others

Kate UK <3<3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    slept ok last night but was up and down....
    well one day and we will be back to work..
    Grits~ I have nothing for him to take.. so even if he was my POA ,he would get a 1200 .00 IRA thats it..
    most everything is in both our names now, when we bought the house the house was just in his name, until we re financed and got the place in Florida... and no neither of us has wills, I have tried to talk to him about it, and he ignores me.. we will probably be in Florida when we kick the bucket.. Connecticut taxes would take almost everything..
    yes I have to find a good time when I can speak to him about finances, I have been shown how to pay bills or get into accounts, and when he was gone last year to florida I got a memory stick and put it all on there and my DSIL has it for safe keeping in case he tries anything crazy.. I dont know if waiting until we are driving to Florida is a good time to speak with him, will have to put my big girl panties on and deal with it soon..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    <3 Good morning! Happy Sunday!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    All the pans are washed, table clothes in laundry, and puppy fed. All that is left is to clean the kitchen floor.

Lillian ~ What is curling?

Joyce ~ Sounds like you had a great gathering. We are going to son's house for Christmas day to watch the two grands open presents. We may take steaks to cook out. That will take a lot of work off of me!

Sherry ~ Hoping you find a better place to rest your RV.

Penny ~ No snow before now? That's amazing.

Carol

Played on ice. 4 players per team. Curling rocks are delivered (thrown) down the sheet of ice to the house (round circles). Closest to button scores points. Sweepers sweep the ice in front of the rock to help it get to the house. Can be an exhausting game.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I did not eat right at the dinner theater. Now I have a headache..... darn hidden yeast!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Lillian ~ Your reply made me go to Youtube to see about this sport. It does look exhausting as you have to stay so close to the ice. I can see that it takes a lot of teamwork and thoroughness. I bet you burn a lot of calories doing it.

Took Coldeeze lozengers last night and slept a bit better. Only one bad time of coughing during the night.

Carol
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    629698byfx5lk6ls.gif
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Karen in Virginia - I washed Cracker yesterday in the tub with warm water; she hated it! She hates being bathed period. During warm weather DH will wash her outside; she was really dirty and kept trying to climb out. I probably should have left her collar on, so that I did not have to hold her by the scruff of her neck. By the time we were finished, I was wet and I smelled pretty doggy myself; but got her clean. Needed to shower myself. I cannot think of anything I can do to calm her down. Put about 2” of water for her to stand in, hoping that would help. I have gotten over in the tub and sat on my knees, even that is not the best solution. She'd be tearing up everything if I tried to put her 'in the shower'.'

Cracker is always 'asking' to go 'outside'; so I open the door and every time she looks back at me as if saying, "What? You aren't coming out, too?" Not today, it is chilly out there, maybe once it warms up a little. Need to water my plants that are in my greenhouse, if DH did not do it yesterday. I watered my plants on the porch. I am pretty upset that the miniature violets I plants in one of my strawberry planters are not doing well. About 1/2 of them are still living; but, if they don't get to looking better; I will just give up on the idea, I've watered them 2 ways. From the stop which has a strawberry plant in it, to watering them at each hole. I had asked the lady at the plant store, if it makes a difference 'if' they leaves touch the sides of the clay pot, or if I should line each hole with some wax. Maybe I should water them a little more often; but, she had told me that they 'like' to dry out between watering. The ones I have in plastic pots are seemingly doing quite well; and, I water then every Friday.

Cheri – See the link for emojis; how to get them on computer (or MFP) to use? Quite often my computer blocks the emojis I have found before. If I get it added to my computer, can I use them in other sites, such as in my Outlook 2013?

Lisa – I’ve been trying to get DOGD to give me her T-shirts from HS to make a quilt for her; but, so far she is not ready to give them up. Not that she wears them out in public at college; but, they need to have something done with them. Would like to make all 3 T-shirt quilts; but, I will have to Google how to make them. I do have some material that I could use as backing; or I might use it to make a summer bedspread for my DGD#4, since it is light pink. Just have to talk to her mother about what size I would need to make it. I’d probably have enough to even make a pair of curtains.

Lenora