WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm back home now. I fell asleep in the car (not driving!), took in the supermarket delivery and then fell asleep on the sofa! ! :o This morning we took the kids to the park, with their parents, but I don't know why I am so tired! They were all adorable and I got on really well with DGS which was lovely. Now he is older he enjoys having serious talks with me about science and history etc. We speak a bit of Spanish together. (He goes to a bilingual school) DGD was learning to ride her new grown up bike, so there were a few tears, but she never, ever gives up! Bea just smiles and laughs at everything, all the time. Never seen a happier baby. :D

Ordered DDIL a beautiful wall clock for her Christmas present. She wanted a colourful one for the playroom as she tries not to take her phone in there with her as it keeps her too linked to work. (She is a psychologist with a practice). Then she doesn't know the time! I didn't want to make an aesthetic choice like that for her, so we looked at a few together and she picked a lovely, multi coloured one out.
    Now I've only got to order a winter dress for Bea and get the grandkids something their mother suggests and I'm done! I've even bought my flashing earrings for the yoga Christmas lunch. :laugh:
    Perhaps a couple more stocking fillers for DH. I have bought him shoes for Christmas already, but we always have a few small things to open in bed. <3:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,729 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    having a cup of fireside vanilla tea.. lord knows I need something much much stronger...tried having a discussion with Tom about things and didn't go well..there was no shouting .. but I was sharing my feelings and he ays there is nothing he can do about it, he doesn't love me.. he cares about what happens to me but I feel I come home to a house where the only ones who care for me are the dogs..(which I think is true) he says dont talk to him about going to florida,, because I go up to new hampshire and the cape and ,well thats my travel time, he said go have a good time.. but money wise... well thats a whole other story... he said if we do split that he wants it to work were we will both live comfortable.. well gee isn't that nice...
    for right now, I am going to take a nap. and when he gets back I am telling him I want to order a new bed for my room..
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Looks like it's gonna be one of those days. Already spilled my coffee.
    110026qsida0z6wg.gif

Charleen in Colorado (We are in for colder weather)
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Grandmallie - Life sucks when a punch to your gut hits you in the heart too. He doesn't deserve you. Put money by for you that he doesn't know about (or can get to) because it looks like he could leave you in a bad spot financially whenever he wants and only you can protect your future. {{{hugs}}} <3
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Charleen- easier said than done
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Allie- I would start searching for hidden cash at home and in Florida. Tom probably has a stockpile hidden in walls and under floorboards!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ Do y'all have joint accounts? You need to send your check to your own account.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,635 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Rita – thinking of you, a less expensive place sounds like a good thing to think about. Hugs!

Cheri – feel well quick

Glo- so funny that you should ask about where community tab opens to… as mine had always opened to my last post, but the other day it did not, and I realized that I had left it open on my phone, and so it was continually updating and thought I was reading along… So close the app and it should work.

Lisa – adorable grands

Pip – I love the pic

Barbie – love the boots… I have nothing waterproof or even water resistant for my feet they are always cold when I walk…

Karen in Virginia - what a funny mental picture of you in the shower with a dog and all watching from outside!

Allie – you can make a will without Tom, you can leave your things, even your ½ of things to whom ever you want, A bit more difficult with a primary residence but it can be done… Please realize how valuable you are!

Yesterday was going to the mountains and cutting down Christmas trees, my Mom and I went, it was fun, but she can not help much any more (she’s 89) We hiked for about 2 hours, found the “perfect” trees, then I cut them down and hauled them to the truck – they were both very heavy, I did my “weight lifting” I really need to figure out who I can bring with me next year to help, as I was pushing to my edge… and lifting them into the truck (we borrow a truck), the tail gate was at about neck level (I’m just 5’1”), was just about impossible! Luckily a nice man helped lift them in.

November Goals:

Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Allie - I've said it before and this is the last time I am going to say it -GET YOURSELF TO A LAWYER. What he is doing is considered abuse in this country and is a criminal offence - COERCIVE CONTROL.
    Even if it isn't an offence in the US it is awful. Value yourself enough to get out of this abusive situation with some shreds of dignity. You need to protect your assets, including your share of the property. Get away from this horrible man. If it were me I would lock him out of the house and ask my friends to protect me. You have more than enough grounds to get a legal injunction against him so he can't approach you.
    Enough said, because you don't listen.

Much love, Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    Options
    have joint accounts~ and It is already tense around here.. if I took my paycheck and did that.. all hell would break loose, and I dont need that right now
    Yes I would be losing alot ,if we split, a warm comfortable home,,, and money in the bank.. I do have all information on our accounts on a memory stick that is at my DSIL house in a safe.. so if he tries to pull a fast one,It wont work... I have been down this road before and it wasn't pretty, hurt my children alot..
    I am not leaving without the dogs and,and he wouldnt leave without them either.. so we shall see what becomes of all this...I would be living close to poverty level and don't know if I want to go that far yet.. 20 yrs is along time to put up with bull whooey and it has gotten worse over the last yr and a 1/2 ..
    just keep me in your prayers if you can.. physically he will do no harm, mentally he has done a job
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you, Allie. Sorry if you feel we're badgering you, honey--we just worry about you.
    Lisa
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,635 Member
    Options
    Allie - holding you close! I live under the federal poverty level and it is possible and to do it with grace... your mental health is far more important than cash. You are loved, and valued.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Hello My friends,
    I've been missing you but just too much going on to spend time on the computer. Therefore I've missed a lot of what is going on in your lives. I hope all had a good Thanksgiving here in the states. Ours was good but I stayed on my feet too long and my back has been paying for it.
    Today I decorated our Christmas tree. It is beautiful as always. It's a lot of work but I just love it so guess I'll keep doing it as long as I can.
    Allie and any others with strife in your life, I send my best thoughts and good wishes. Congrats to all with victories.
    DH went to Costco and was going to get a pizza for dinner. I told him I would cook as that is the last thing I need.
    I hope to be able to read more before the cruise on Dec. 2nd, but my buddy comes in Tuesday night and will be helping her pack until we cruise.

I love you all,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Cheri – See the link for emojis; how to get them on computer (or MFP) to use? Quite often my computer blocks the emojis I have found before. If I get it added to my computer, can I use them in other sites, such as in my Outlook 2013?
    Lenora

What I do is open the website. Click on Animated GIFs. The one with the winking bunny. At the bottom of this page I type in what I am looking for in the :Search for your perfect graphic. For example I will type in "hello". When the choices load on the page I click on the one I want. You will see 3 boxes with code to use in different scenarios. You want to copy and paste the 3rd box: To post on Glitter-Graphics.com and forums, use this BB code. Copy and paste this to the forum box in your text. Press preview to make sure it's what you want and there ya go! Hope this helps! For using them elsewhere it is tricky so much so that I haven't figured it out lol.

3394537ggyinj7z4l.gif

Cheri
    feeling much better today in breezy, beautiful Texas

• grandmallie
    edited November 2016
    Options
    thank you for all the love~ im so greatful to have you all in my life.
    Heather~ I understand you getting upset with me.. I dont have the confidence and were with all to deal with it all right now.. hoping to make it through the holidays in one piece and deal with all of this in the new year.. have to get a plan together .. and get my ducks in a row...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,579 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    my chest strap is working again, i did a comparison, interesting:

w/wahoo chest strap:
    jog- 14min, 6.4-7.0sp, 9.28ap 152mhr, 1.48mi = 147c
    jog= 18.32min, 9.17ap, 138ahr, 173mhr, 2mi = 207c
    stairclimber- 30min, 60flpmin, 105fl, lvl6, 130ahr, 139mhr, = 272c
    other- sidestep/skip/scissors- 15min, 137ahr, 161mhr, = 163c
    789c total cal

w/fitbit: