Drink only water!! All other drinks are evil!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

For me, personally, I think the casual attitude of my parents about these things helped me not to develop a soda drinking habit. It was not forbidden or explicitly limited, but it was not presented as an option for thirst either. I also had access to it whenever I wanted, so it never felt like a forbidden fruit.

This is kind of the way I approached teaching my son about alcohol. I didn't want him to grow up thinking it was some special and forbidden "adults only" drink that he must overindulge in at the first opportunity, so from the time he was about 8 or 9 whenever we had a bottle of wine I'd give him some lemonade with a small amount of wine in it. As he got older, we gradually increased the amount of wine in relation to the lemonade. He got to feel that he was part of the celebration rather than being left out, and the alcohol wasn't something mysterious that he coveted. :)

Now that I think of it, my parents had the same approach to alcohol. I could have a couple of sips if I wanted as a child and they only drank it for celebrations. Now as an adult I only have a glass of something, if any, on major holiday celebrations like Christmas Eve. My sister has developed a taste for it more than I did, but even she only drinks occasionally despite having easy access to all kinds of bottles in the house. We also have 6 beer cans in the fridge that we bought 3 months ago on sale and no one has touched any yet. When something is not explicitly forbidden but is associated with certain traditions and routines that make the daily consumption of it not common I tend to not have the desire to have it daily. It rarely even comes to mind until the event that usually triggers the consumption happens. For example, I never have ice cream during winter and it doesn't even feel like a desirable option because when we were kids the shops only sold it in the summer.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I drink water, coffee black or with cream, unsweetened tea (with or without lemon), Lacroix sparkling waters(in lime, orange or cran-raspberry), Dr. Brown diet cream soda (takes me two weeks to drink a 6 pack, hot tea (black or passion tea), and occasional other diet sodas when out and about.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I used to drink only water and the occasional black coffee! Mostly because I found everything else too sweet. Unfortunately I re-developed my childhood liking for Coca Cola...

Water still quenches my thirst like nothing else, though. Especially when it's cold and fizzy.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »
    I never drink water. Ever.

Diet soda (4-6 liters a day) and low cal energy drinks only.

Yarr. I had to drop the Monster Ultras for more diet soda though. I was going through two cases of them per day, and that *kitten* was getting stupid expensive, very quickly.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    90 to 95 % of all my fluids consumed is water. For the record, beer is 90 to 95% water. Coincidence? I think not.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I mainly drink water - probably 98% of the time. I have a smoothie or shake with water in it and find it more refreshing.
    I have around 4litres of tap water a day. It's a habit that I have developed in my teens and still carry on with it over 15 years laters. I drink black coffee (about once a month) and gin and tonic on special occassions (Christmas, birthdays, etc.). Aside from that, I rarely have fruit juice or fizzy drinks. My mum was diabetic so she banned fizzy drinks and fruit juice from the house and I am grateful for that! If I do drink them I get cold sweats, headaches and nausea. Quite weird actually, but it doesn't affect my life overall.

*sips on a pint of water* ^-^
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee in the morning, but after that it's usually just water. I'll drink lemonade during the summer a lot, and I exclusively drink apple juice when I'm sick. I used to drink soda all the time, but I've stopped and now I only usually want a drink or two of my husband's coke when we go out!
  • MissSugarBean
    MissSugarBean Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly water & tea. Coffee in the morning, but I like to take breaks from that. Sometimes I'll buy bottled juice just to try something different. Over time you don't really miss soda n' stuff and I'll feel pretty gross if I finish a can...

I don't drink alcohol often so when I do I'll try anything I don't care about the calories :p
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Water (occasionally sparkling) and diet soda (1-2 a day max) only for me. And on a very rare occasion, Starbucks (though that may increase once the one in my town opens up...but I'm not a coffee fan anyway so it's usually hot chocolate or a double chocolatey chip frapp).
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm sure everyone has their own preferences but almost all liquids we take in are 99% water anyways. Plus we get water from our foods. I generally shoot for 100+ oz of liquids during a day. Most of that is made up with 1 powerade zero and 1-2 fill ups of my water bottle. Once I'm having to go pee every half hour I tone it down because it's simply annoying and clearly I'm quite hydrated.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    haha i was like that HAS to be someone trolling haha well done.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    Is that addressed to me, the OP, fishshark?

Yes, must say my click bait thread has got more replies than any of my serious threads ,with boreing titles like 'How to weigh pots of soup' B);)