• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Store stuff. And chips
  • BattleRopes
    BattleRopes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Wondering why profiles here don't have ages on them anymore.

It's the default setting, when they updated privacy; so you've to change it yourself!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

I hate that they've taken away any gender identifying words. Some profiles I can't tell what they are. Besides there are some ladies who just want girls on their list..
  • _pi3_
    Options

I hate that they've taken away any gender identifying words. Some profiles I can't tell what they are. Besides there are some ladies who just want girls on their list..

I like the no gender thing but I get what you're saying
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I like the no gender thing but I get what you're saying

Lol.. ;) maybe they could have made it so people have a choice as to whether their gender is displayed ..idk..
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I still see female or male on profiles, just not ages anymore.

I meant on peoples profiles ..non friends, it used to say..his /her profile not open to the public..it used to give me some idea
  • slimgirljo15
    edited July 2017
    Options

I meant on peoples profiles ..non friends, it used to say..his /her profile not open to the public..it used to give me some idea

Oh, on non friend profiles i still see male or female.

Thanks weird ..going to have another look

Nope ..I picked a random person..
    It starts with their user name and then this
    " profile is viewable by MyFitnessPal members only."

It used to be worded with a her/his in there before
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

Oh, on non friend profiles i still see male or female.

Thanks weird ..going to have another look

Nope ..I picked a random person..
    It starts with their user name and then this
    " profile is viewable by MyFitnessPal members only."

It used to be worded with a her/his in there before

Are you on app or web version? I'm on macbook right now.

On web version but on my mobile..maybe thats the difference ..
  • _pi3_
    Options
    Nope, it's not on app or on phone web version.

Yeah I was thinking it would on PC but not app
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Troll threads...some I find really funny and get all caught up in, it's exciting and fun.

Others I feel naive after posting in, almost betrayed, like I was trying to help you out and you are just taking advantage of my time and good nature.

Oh well! Nature of the beast I suppose!
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I am very tired
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Coffee! and food.. But, mainly coffee.
  • TsitoB
    TsitoB Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    What is going on at the current moment is the only thought
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Troll threads...some I find really funny and get all caught up in, it's exciting and fun.

Others I feel naive after posting in, almost betrayed, like I was trying to help you out and you are just taking advantage of my time and good nature.

It's happened to me many times. Even times where I've been around long enough I should've known better.

This is the reason some members seem suspicious or cold towards newcomers. But you shouldn't ever resent the fact that you're a nice person who was trying to help someone out. :heart:

Thank-you for saying that.
    I feel resentful when people make a mockery of personal tragedy, thinking of them laughing at (us) when we have empathy for their situation.
    I do appreciate it when other members realize it for what it is and call them out, hopefully before I've wasted any time!
  • TsitoB
    Options

It's happened to me many times. Even times where I've been around long enough I should've known better.

This is the reason some members seem suspicious or cold towards newcomers. But you shouldn't ever resent the fact that you're a nice person who was trying to help someone out. :heart:

Thank-you for saying that.
    I feel resentful when people make a mockery of personal tragedy, thinking of them laughing at (us) when we have empathy for their situation.
    I do appreciate it when other members realize it for what it is and call them out, hopefully before I've wasted any time!

Why harbor negative emotion towards them (resentment)? They had their own reasons for seeking joy or amusement that way, whether you know or understand those reasons is another story.

You choose to help others for the sake of helping others, so you make the decision to invest time. Once the time has been invested, it is no longer yours. And you invested your time to make the OP feel better, so if you fell into their trap is not the end result the same? ie OP feeling better?
  • _pi3_
    Options
    I'm getting a cold :neutral:
  • TsitoB
    Options
    Achoo!