What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Beth has been going out most nights and collecting moths in a mason jar for our kitten.

66426926fad1de3db983fdb1aa2922c2.jpg
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Beth has been going out most nights and collecting moths in a mason jar for our kitten.

66426926fad1de3db983fdb1aa2922c2.jpg

I ADORE this pic! :heart:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    The new girl I hired started today and I just discovered she has bad B.O. and she almost killed me when I told her that ELF, Step Brothers and Wedding Crashers are great movies, way better than Dead Pool. Not that they are in the same category but I don't really have a Dead Pool sense of humor. I have a Will Farrell, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn sense of humor. She does not, apparently she is a huge Dead Pool fan. This decision to hire her may not work out!
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    So much to do
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The new girl I hired started today and I just discovered she has bad B.O. and she almost killed me when I told her that ELF, Step Brothers and Wedding Crashers are great movies, way better than Dead Pool. Not that they are in the same category but I don't really have a Dead Pool sense of humor. I have a Will Farrell, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn sense of humor. She does not, apparently she is a huge Dead Pool fan. This decision to hire her may not work out!

A few years ago, I had a contract at a New York hospital, this project lasted 6 months.. Basically traveled there each week or lived there during this time.

This woman was in her 30's, 5'8" and no weight issues or anything.. She had BO every day. Even 5 minutes in the door you could smell her. I swore she never took a bath.. But after talking to others, it was just something that she had (there is probably a name for it).. It was truly unbearable.. I could not believable woman could smell that bad..

So in short, I do understand and how and if you can approach her, dunno.. I hope she does work out if she does a good job for you.. I have nothing to offer except talk everyone and see how they feel as well..

this just stinks.. no pun intended.. LOL :)
  • Khatru84
    Khatru84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thinking why I still have my ear buds in and my music stopped playing a long time ago!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

A few years ago, I had a contract at a New York hospital, this project lasted 6 months.. Basically traveled there each week or lived there during this time.

This woman was in her 30's, 5'8" and no weight issues or anything.. She had BO every day. Even 5 minutes in the door you could smell her. I swore she never took a bath.. But after talking to others, it was just something that she had (there is probably a name for it).. It was truly unbearable.. I could not believable woman could smell that bad..

So in short, I do understand and how and if you can approach her, dunno.. I hope she does work out if she does a good job for you.. I have nothing to offer except talk everyone and see how they feel as well..

LOL on the pun.. Yes, the thought did cross my mind that she may have an issue where she can't help the B.O., there is a medical term for it but I can't think of it right now and too lazy to google. Or she could just be really nervous being her first day and all. All that matters is that she learns the job and does it accurately. Not all personalities will not always mesh. Luckily, all the people I work with all mesh really really well. It is amazing, really. Since it is an office of 10 women and only 3 men. So hopefully she find her niche and her sense of humor will come through a little more as we go. But I swear she had daggers shooting out of her eyes when I said I wasn't a huge Dead Pool fan....
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

LOL on the pun.. Yes, the thought did cross my mind that she may have an issue where she can't help the B.O., there is a medical term for it but I can't think of it right now and too lazy to google. Or she could just be really nervous being her first day and all. All that matters is that she learns the job and does it accurately. Not all personalities will not always mesh. Luckily, all the people I work with all mesh really really well. It is amazing, really. Since it is an office of 10 women and only 3 men. So hopefully she find her niche and her sense of humor will come through a little more as we go. But I swear she had daggers shooting out of her eyes when I said I wasn't a huge Dead Pool fan....

I haven't googled it either.. let's hope its nerves...

3 men and 10 women, this will definitely go well.. you gals show them men how its done! LOL
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

I haven't googled it either.. let's hope its nerves...

3 men and 10 women, this will definitely go well.. you gals show them men how its done! LOL

Haha! The three men are the doctors/bosses we work for but they know who really runs this *kitten*!
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    And so it begins....

What
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    And so it begins....

That is exactly what I said yesterday on FB about them starting CRISPR genetic modification test on humans now.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    And so it begins....

Fighting kids?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    And so it begins....

That is exactly what I said yesterday on FB about them starting CRISPR genetic modification test on humans now.

I know. I am not sure how I feel about this. It is a bit scary but yet if it works...
  • slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Khatru84 wrote: »
    Thinking why I still have my ear buds in and my music stopped playing a long time ago!

That's hilarious as I sit with them in my ear and nothing is playing
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Why has my boss left a can of WD-40 in our private bathroom all week. What would need greased in the bathroom or do I really want to know?
  • Liftheavylovehard
    Liftheavylovehard Posts: 5,393 Member
    Options
    Why start getting to know someone and then drop off without a word...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Why has my boss left a can of WD-40 in our private bathroom all week. What would need greased in the bathroom or do I really want to know?

It actually removes excess bonding material. :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Why start getting to know someone and then drop off without a word...

Happens a lot here, unfortunately my friend. ((hugs))