What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    I was never a big fan of thanksgiving. Just too much stress and emotions out on a single day. I enjoy seeing people but wish people would just do something more often than this late in a year.

Sadly, now thanksgiving is the anniversary of my brother dying. This means some years the anniversary is thanksgiving day..

For this being the second anniversary I think I am having a pretty good day. Down a ton of weight, nice warm house, decent life. Nice to feel normal on a day I didn’t care about much before 2016. Gonna get some Chinese takeout later and cook a full tday meal tomorrow instead.

Enjoy your lives and loved ones people. Life isn’t a tv show. Characters can get written off at any point in time.

i feel you on bad anniversaries, both my parents passed away over the holidays (mom on thanksgiving and dad on christmas)

to be super honest at this point it still pretty much sucks but i just fake it through the day bc your friends get tired of propping you up after awhile and i’m tired of bringing everyone down

there are little good moments though, like i made this killer cranberry sauce. trying to focus on that type of thing

hoping the rest of your day is good <3

I am so sorry to hear that guys. I would be so lost without my mother, I know this response must feel trite but Id give you both a hug right now If i could. I have a similar response to my birthday and my sister's, she died in a car accident when she was 18. I am only one year apart in age and I carry survivors guilt with me, I wish I was in that seat instead sometimes. Always pondering how things could be different if she was still here. You just gotta keep going and remember that your loved ones would only want you to be happy.

XO.

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    @Nicksmom106

🍁Happy Thanksgiving to you and delightfully energetic Nick lovie🍁

Aw sweet sister!!!! Hugs and thank you lovely!!! Give my other sorella a big hug as well! Hope your day was as special as you both are to me....that is so very much!!!❤❤❤😘🤗👍💕😋
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my husband. He knows me better than anyone else, he has always backed me and even when I didn't deserve it, he forgave me. I'm also grateful for my dogs, who all started their lives with someone else, but give all of their hearts, every day. Neither of us are close to our families and we have been each other's family since the beginning in 1977.
  • cdlee4
    cdlee4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with leveling up. Life is hard enough as is, but with the wife and I both working two jobs, three kids under ten in the house, and my two boys back home... it’s a struggle, and we are both always keeping an eye open for another side huddle.

I don’t need/want to be rich. I just want to know what it feels like to pay bills, eat, and put gas in the car all at the same time.... that’s what is always on my mind.

The American Drea...Reality.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Turkey envy. Why does America get all the turkey :'(

I'm American and I didn't have any turkey yesterday. I have turkey envy too.
  • The_Devil_in_Miss_Jones
    Options
    I'm really anxious to finish work and start my 4 day weekend. Quality time with my kids is all I want to do tonight <3
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options

I'm American and I didn't have any turkey yesterday. I have turkey envy too.

You both can have mine,
    I’d rather eat ham.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    My sudden layoff

Aww no, I'm sorry
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    My MIL annoys me, she thinks dogs are stupid and she treats my dog like he is this gross dumb thing... he is the smartest dog ever and I've trained him and worked with him since he was a puppy so he is also very well mannered. Everyday he surprises me with how MUCH he knows and understands. He really is a good boy too. She comes into mine and my dogs home and tells my dog what he can and can't do.... And he just listens to her and goes to lay in a corner looking sad.
    She just doesn't understand animals... or people much for that matter. It drives me crazy. We found a tiny little kitten once and she wouldn't allow it inside her house for a second because she thinks kittens are disgusting. I mean how can anyone think a kitten is disgusting? They're adorable, and it wasn't like it was dirty or anything. She also likes to talk at me non stop when i'm trying to work, she never listens to others and just talks on and on trying to distract you.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    slangevar wrote: »
    My daughter just sat and told me how a guy (in his twenties maybe 30’s came into work and asked if the pictures she posted of me on her Facebook was really her mother because he thinks I’m hot.. fit and fancied me 😱
    My husband just laughed??
    The guy knew he was married to me and still had to state that fact I front of him??? Why???
    Why do men keep doing this ?? There’s all these free single beautiful women , go get them for crying out loud!!!

Some people always want what they can’t have. :smile: