What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Turkey envy. Why does America get all the turkey :'(

Well Ben Franklin actually proposed we make the turkey our national bird... 🤓

It might have been more fitting in hindsight lol
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

I'm American and I didn't have any turkey yesterday. I have turkey envy too.

You both can have mine,
    I’d rather eat ham.

I used to feel the same way until I learned to flip my bird and now it's everyone's favorite part of the meal! Lol. If anyone is curious if hasn't tried this way of cooking the turk....you really should comes out amazing!!!

Dress bird as usual, butter, seasoning whatever you do...no stuffing but use lemons, oranges, Apples, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, fresh herbs etc.....whatever you like...it'll help with the flavor....any combo of those!.....so before you put bird in pan....place on breast side down...cook for at least 1/2 the cook time...then flip to the right side to finish cooking.....Will bring all the juices to breast meat and be the best bird you ever made😍....promise you that....unless you say had a bird made of bacon....then nope you win!🤔🤷😘😍👍

My lil sister has never in her life made one and did yesterday for her hubbys fam....she was the big hit there too called me so happy she listened to me....I believe her exact words were...."are you high!???! It's gonna land on the floor Al!". Now I'm her fav.(only) sister again🤔😁

Just a thought...😉
  • Nicksmom106
    Options
    My sudden layoff

Sucks my friend!!! Same story for so many and right before the hoidays! Keep the faith, something wonderful could be right around the corner hon!!! Hugs and best wishes for you and your family!!!💕
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    28 miles done.. I could keep going, but a sore bum is to biking as a missing shoe is to walking. You can still do both, but it's not comfortable.

Better padded bike shorts are on my mind.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    28 miles done.. I could keep going, but a sore bum is to biking as a missing shoe is to walking. You can still do both, but it's not comfortable.

What saddle are you using?
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Integrity
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

You both can have mine,
    I’d rather eat ham.

I used to feel the same way until I learned to flip my bird and now it's everyone's favorite part of the meal! Lol. If anyone is curious if hasn't tried this way of cooking the turk....you really should comes out amazing!!!

Dress bird as usual, butter, seasoning whatever you do...no stuffing but use lemons, oranges, Apples, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, fresh herbs etc.....whatever you like...it'll help with the flavor....any combo of those!.....so before you put bird in pan....place on breast side down...cook for at least 1/2 the cook time...then flip to the right side to finish cooking.....Will bring all the juices to breast meat and be the best bird you ever made😍....promise you that....unless you say had a bird made of bacon....then nope you win!🤔🤷😘😍👍

My lil sister has never in her life made one and did yesterday for her hubbys fam....she was the big hit there too called me so happy she listened to me....I believe her exact words were...."are you high!???! It's gonna land on the floor Al!". Now I'm her fav.(only) sister again🤔😁

Just a thought...😉

<3 THIS Preciosa. A pleasantly surprising read. Am taking this too for myself. Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and yours, especially our Tigger-The Bull.

Thanks so very much for the sharing. Will try it for we'll be inundated with so much, for our sister-friend's wedding this Christmas. Just sits well in my head to prep the right sized bird to relieve us all for one evening, leading up to the day, with all the preparations.
  • Nicksmom106
    edited November 2018
    Options
    k8eekins wrote: »

You both can have mine,
    I’d rather eat ham.

Just a thought...😉

<3 THIS Preciosa. A pleasantly surprising read. Am taking this too for myself. Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and yours, especially our Tigger-The Bull.

Thanks so very much for the sharing. Will try it for we'll be inundated with so much, for our sister-friend's wedding this Christmas.

Mia sorella💕💕💕😍

It really has changed our thoughts of the dreaded dry turkey lol have tried many during my many years making it...since I was 16 I've been making thanksgiving dinner on my own...and let's just say that's a lot of years so I won't cry😏 hahaha! I hope you enjoy it sweet girl!😘....and if course huggers from your Nick!!!🤗💕
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options

What saddle are you using?

Just the default gel cushion that came with the bike. Gonna look for a better one this month. From my initial dive into the world of choosing a saddle, the wife/flaired saddles are the wrong ones for extended riding.

But the padding this chamois has is just not very good.
  • k8eekins
    Options

You both can have mine,
    I’d rather eat ham.

Just a thought...😉

Thanks so very much for the sharing. Will try it for we'll be inundated with so much, for our sister-friend's wedding this Christmas.

Mia sorella💕💕💕😍

It really has changed our thoughts of the dreaded dry turkey lol have tried many during my many years making it...since I was 16 I've been making thanksgiving dinner on my own...and let's just say that's a lot of years so I won't cry😏 hahaha! I hope you enjoy it sweet girl!😘....and if course huggers from your Nick!!!🤗💕

Only love and respect with gratitude for this gift of sharing Preciosa - Mia sorella. We're always out looking for one recipe we'll take from the sharings of any member on here, "to gift" to friends and their families sometime within the year's end. Usually, we opt for baked goods, but since we'll be occupied with more buzz than the norm for a pending wedding, with everyone coming in, putting this together for one night's dinner, will be super.
  • k8eekins
    Options
    Easing into my day, about to sit down to snack on oranges, whilst viewing a documentary - "The Coming Retirement Crisis," a long time buddy of mine sent me before Thanksgiving. Am determined to type this entire production, to NOT miss thing, sometime today.

• Nicksmom106
    Options
    Easing into my day, about to sit down to snack on oranges, whilst viewing a documentary - "The Coming Retirement Crisis," a long time buddy of mine sent me before Thanksgiving. Am determined to type this entire production, to NOT miss thing, sometime today.

Always an inspiration me Katie my 💕👍
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    After two weeks of having a cold,
    cooking dinner for Thanksgiving and the ridiculously mean family drama that occurred yesterday, I am not in the mood to go to a wedding that I’ve committed to today.
    I think I’ll pick a lame excuse and not go.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    cooking dinner for Thanksgiving and the ridiculously mean family drama that occurred yesterday, I am not in the mood to go to a wedding that I’ve committed to today.

In for the mean Thanksgiving story details...
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

LOL
    It’s all so cliche,
    too much alcohol,
    family resentments,
    screaming curse words.

It was just like old times,
    the only thing missing was the cigarette smoke filled house
    (everyone quit smoking).

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

LOL
    It’s all so cliche,
    too much alcohol,
    family resentments,
    screaming curse words.

It was just like old times,
    the only thing missing was the cigarette smoke filled house
    (everyone quit smoking).

Hopefully you got to eat turkey and potatoes and at least two pieces of pie before that started. I personally don't enjoy melodrama on an empty stomach. But after a feast I could handle it. And then maybe write a poem about it. Yeah skip the wedding.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Whomsoever are referred by my sister as my loyalists, are more likely politically ambitious young men. Piggybacking is an easier route to gaining mileage through their own credits. 😉
  • honeybee__12
    Options

The barn is short handed due to the holiday. dont you remember you're supposed to drive out here to VA to help out?

I’d much rather deal with horses sometimes!
    I’ll be there to help in a few hours..........lol
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Well i made it through the holiday lol a d it only took me a gollan of crown green apple and Netflix so i guess you can say i “Netflix and got drunk” lol but any way