What's on your mind?

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    I think it’s wrong that MFP allows the community forums to be seen by the world.
    What is the point?
    It should be for members only imo.

But how will I stalk y’all when I’m between rage quit and new anony profile?

😂
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Overnight something has changed on forums. I can no longer see or post gifs wtf 😔

That has been my issue on and off for some time Jo. Reported it. It gets fixed and starts all over. Am tired of asking them to fix it for me. I can manage as is, on my gadget.

First time it's happened to me.. I hate contacting tech support, they ask you to go through so much.. I'm like just forget it lol.

I had to live through tech support initially. Now, I would much prefer it remedies itself like the drooping pencil.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    I think it’s wrong that MFP allows the community forums to be seen by the world.
    What is the point?
    It should be for members only imo.

They probably use chatter for traffic.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Yesterday i read that there’s a link between caffeine and hormones so I decided to scale way back on caffeine. But then this morning i had a cup of coffee at 5 and again at 7:30 and then 9:30. Then i had iced coffee at 1:30. And 3:30. So i guess you could say my first day of less caffeine was a breeze

This means tomorrow if you just have coffee at 5 and 7:30 then 1:30 and 3:30 you're continuing to cut back. Good job!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Yesterday i read that there’s a link between caffeine and hormones so I decided to scale way back on caffeine. But then this morning i had a cup of coffee at 5 and again at 7:30 and then 9:30. Then i had iced coffee at 1:30. And 3:30. So i guess you could say my first day of less caffeine was a breeze

This means tomorrow if you just have coffee at 5 and 7:30 then 1:30 and 3:30 you're continuing to cut back. Good job!

Thanks! I figured having 7 times my normal amount would make me so tired of coffee that I would never want any again. I can’t wait to see if it worked!
  • Reckoner68

Thanks! I figured having 7 times my normal amount would make me so tired of coffee that I would never want any again. I can’t wait to see if it worked!

Is the next step to stay up all night waiting to see if it worked??
  • caco_ethes

Well i read that melatonin can jack up your hormones so I’m cutting back on that too. I don’t foresee any difficulty sleeping what with my new Easy Quit Method
  • Reckoner68

Well i read that melatonin can jack up your hormones so I’m cutting back on that too. I don’t foresee any difficulty sleeping what with my new Easy Quit Method

Might I suggest a rubber mallet
  • caco_ethes

I’ve found a regular one works MUCH better.

...for crushing melatonin pills to a fine powder, I assume that’s what you’re suggesting?
  • Reckoner68

...for crushing melatonin pills to a fine powder, I assume that’s what you’re suggesting?

Yes, I was thinking that a concoction of crushed melatonin and coffee beans would create a delightfully balanced topping for a dessert
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Wait, now I wanna know what it was you read.
  • caco_ethes

Yes, I was thinking that a concoction of crushed melatonin and coffee beans would create a delightfully balanced topping for a dessert

I’d eat it
  • caco_ethes

Keep in mind that I don’t claim to know any of the science behind it and it was just the tipping point since I already know i should cutback on caffeine

But

There is allegedly a connection between caffeine and cysts. More with breast cysts but maybe ovarian cysts as well?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Keep in mind that I don’t claim to know any of the science behind it and it was just the tipping point since I already know i should cutback on caffeine

But

There is allegedly a connection between caffeine and cysts. More with breast cysts but maybe ovarian cysts as well?

I'm more than willing to risk an ovarian cyst or two for several cups of coffee each and every day.

Ima playing the odds....

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

But

Could you maybe possibly point me in the right direction of what it was you read? I'm interested!

Avid caffeine intake since I was a kid... and I have cysts. Go figure. :laugh:
  • caco_ethes

But

Could you maybe possibly point me in the right direction of what it was you read? I'm interested!

Avid caffeine intake since I was a kid... and I have cysts. Go figure. :laugh:

I don’t know where i ended up but just google caffeine and hormones or something along those lines 😁
  • Reckoner68
    Horror/thriller movies where the main character's point-of-view includes hallucinations and it's not made clear what's hallucination and what's real almost always leaves me disinterested and sometimes annoyed