What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    For the person who has been in therapy for a year:
    SSRIs are notorious for crapping out, and not all of them work for everyone. Ask your prescriber to ease you off the one you are taking and try another one. I went through all the SSRI medications which would stop working within a year. I have been taking Cymbalta for 15 years and it hasn't quit yet. Will your clinic permit you to try a different therapist. I went through 3 before I found the one that really helped me.

As far as what is on my mind: My stepson seems to believe that there is a magic shortcut to success. He is in his mid-40s with a wife and three kids. He needs to understand that there is no magic - it takes hard work and commitment, and powering through hard times. He's not saving any money for his kids education, nothing towards retirement, has no health insurance. His life is a house of cards that could crash at any moment.
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Are there any groups or people that we can get together with in our areas, for workouts or motivation? I have found that working out with like minded people keep you motivated and on track. When I lived in Michigan and worked at G.M. I had many buddy's that I worked out with. I never missed a workout because, I didn't want to let anyone down. Talking with like minded people while you are working out makes time fly by. Now days people have their ipods and tune people out. I was walking with my wife and now she has lung cancer she can't walk without getting out of breath. The chemo has taken all of her energy and I miss walking and talk with her.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I went to fb. i found local groups there. or on meetup.com

and hugs re: wife
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    I went to fb. i found local groups there. or on meetup.com

and hugs re: wife

+1 for MeetUp.com and FB local groups.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Blah...just blah...
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    i am pretty happy, like 90% of the time now and the little moments where i get hit with it i just go for a walk or call her or her or him or hug my kids and it just kinda passes over me, its like swimming in the ocean and there’s a storm and waves are crashing and i drop down to the bottom of the seabed and it’s still slow and peaceful down there, no matter what the weather

i know it bothers u that I’m not bothered and i’m sorry but i’ve been waiting to feel better for too long to really be sorry about it

💙 ... One of nature's many graces.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    5hxncztuoegu.jpg
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    5hxncztuoegu.jpg

Now this is on mind. Was it ever finished and now detoriating? Was it abandoned mid project? What is going here?
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    5hxncztuoegu.jpg

Reminds me of the Indian Ridge Resort abandoned mansions, near Branson, Missouri.
  • iMago
    Options
    5hxncztuoegu.jpg

Now this is on mind. Was it ever finished and now detoriating? Was it abandoned mid project? What is going here?

was supposedly finished and then abandoned a long time ago. also supposedly haunted. couple of kids died in the area, in a bad kinda way. there's a memorial to them behind what's left of the building somewhere.

going on a road trip tomorrow to this and few other "haunts" along the way.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    5hxncztuoegu.jpg

was supposedly finished and then abandoned a long time ago. also supposedly haunted. couple of kids died in the area, in a bad kinda way. there's a memorial to them behind what's left of the building somewhere.

Oh! That sounds fun and interesting!

Now I wanna stay in tonight and watch spooky stuff.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    5hxncztuoegu.jpg

i don't really believe in ghosts or the afterlife but i do always find the stories really interesting.
    a lot of them are just forgotten nowadays among most of the people i know.
    so when i can i try to go visit stuff like this and take some of my photos.

Try not to get possessed ok..
    I like the old @iMago 😁
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    bumble has been on my mind

or am i already friends with a potential bf

and do i want a bf

or am i just temporarily lonely

and should i just foster another dog

and that looks like a cool road trip
  • iMago
    Options
    5hxncztuoegu.jpg

i don't really believe in ghosts or the afterlife but i do always find the stories really interesting.
    a lot of them are just forgotten nowadays among most of the people i know.
    so when i can i try to go visit stuff like this and take some of my photos.

Try not to get possessed ok..
    I like the old @iMago 😁

no worries- if i exorcise my devils, well my angels may leave too
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »
    Going to hit one of the historic resorts tonight for chilling by the fire, Christmas music and decor, and drinks.

Anyone wants to join I'll be at Red's to start then hitting Litchfileds after.

Wigwam