What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    There is an office party happening next door and I can hear presents being unwrapped and all the ooo'ing and ahhh'ing.

Go in and snatch a present then run away singing "catch me if you can".
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    This is the first time I'm going to spend Christmas without seeing my family. I was okay with it at first because it's insanely expensive to travel and always stressful splitting time between the 2 families... but as it draws nearer, I'm started to get really bummed about it.

Is it just you and the hubs this year? Start a tradition, go to a movie, facetime the family. Make it a fun day.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the jungle.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Laughing ... It's Pajamas Day for most of the District Elementary Schools and it hit me, if there was a Pajamas Day in the islands, most of the children would attend school in sarongs and vests/spaghetti strap tops depending on gender. :laugh:
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing, no matter how hard I try to focus today
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    This is the first time I'm going to spend Christmas without seeing my family. I was okay with it at first because it's insanely expensive to travel and always stressful splitting time between the 2 families... but as it draws nearer, I'm started to get really bummed about it.

Is it just you and the hubs this year? Start a tradition, go to a movie, facetime the family. Make it a fun day.

Yah just us and the furbabes. We have some friends coming for dinner which will be nice. I really like the idea of Skype, gotta explain to my electronically challenged family how to do it. ❤

<3<3
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Wait...so who's Esteban?

My pool boy. He likes it when I pop him in the *kitten* with my towel.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Since 2012, I'd stopped logging into my Natural Heritage Community site, until just a few minutes ago. I just so happened to check my addy which is solely for our Pacifica wide world community and noticed that someone had written me, with a simple greeting - one of our menfolk from the archipelago part of my ethnic origin. It has been so long, that all I recognise is his surname from within our 1000+ student mass co-ed school population from my early childhood years. Years ago, the site was heavily bombarded with political debates. It'll be interesting to see if it'll get resuscitated with more activity. * I've always been especially mindful to interact just enough, yet not be too involved.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have finally gotten a glimpse of the true underbelly around here and it's disappointing to say the least... That mob mentality is unfair and uncalled for in so many ways.

It is kind of like walking up to a house on a rainy night and asking to use the phone.

giphy.gif
  • Cjfields1
    Cjfields1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just wanting to rid more of my stomach. It gets tough