What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    The curse of validation and how it seems like everyone looks for it in the wrong way.

Physically, and also cerebrally too. People want agreement...want to be seen AND heard, and validated that who they are inside and out is good. Posting a picture for validation is, of course, seen as desperate while posting a statement looking for people to agree isn't.

Weird world.

That’s a really good point. Why should we care about other people’s opinions, anyway?! To be fair, it is human nature to care about others’ opinions to some degree, but you can’t allow another’s opinion dictate your life. Isn’t that why so many people are unhappy?! I’ll take it a step deeper. Isn’t that why so many people lead second lives?!

People often miss that disagreement is validation too. Validation is simply affirmation of an opinon, not the positive affirmation. Supporting people is not always positive either, as support can be fighting someone you love to help them.

What makes too many people unhappy is they only want positive affirmation and validation, and the weight their hearts on it, and basically on others as you mention.

I neither agree nor disagree. VALIDATE ME!

Oh...I'd validate you...

Funny how something so plain can sound so bad, eh?

Anyway, choosing not to chose, is still a choice.

Like Anti-establishment, abolishonists, and anarchists who fight a system or belief, in turn, become a system and beleif themselves that can be fought.
  • jstevens8811
    jstevens8811 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    My day is starting out great. Got into an argument with the Plant Manager about January Production. I had posted numbers this morning. He came down to my office to point out that my numbers were off. I ran my reports again and came up with the same numbers. He sat down at my computer and ran the reports again and came up with the numbers he had already ran; showing that I was wrong. i ran my numbers again and came up with my original results. He was getting plssed. He ran his numbers again. I watched. Saw that he was using the wrong Planners' Codes. Walked him through it and he came up with the correct numbers. MY numbers. He, grudgingly, admitted I was right.

MY reply: "I doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong. What matters is that you know I am right."

You could make pickle bread out of him. All you need is dill dough.

Your reply is priceless. I will use that and see how well it works for me...update you after it’s done.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    I wish more people posted in the voice thread. I love hearing everyone <3:)

I find it so interesting that some voices are so unexpected, it's hard putting the voice to their face. The voice that I imagine fits is so different to the reality, yet there are others who sound exactly like I thought they would.
    It's one of my fave threads.

for real. jesse's voice blew me away. dude sounds like a cross between a male model and the best radio announcer ever to me

I find it so interesting that some voices are so unexpected, it's hard putting the voice to their face. The voice that I imagine fits is so different to the reality, yet there are others who sound exactly like I thought they would.

for real. jesse's voice blew me away. dude sounds like a cross between a male model and the best radio announcer ever to me

Agreed .. I would never have picked his voice as being so rich and deep and .. Ohh I got tingles just listening... 😃

Duuude.. Aww thanks you guys, I appreciate that!

I use to act a bit in school and loved calling talk radio shows to have it out with the host...

I've argued Sean Hannity a number of times along with a number of host here on the West Coast...

I'm the guy that you always want to say to "Dude, why are you shouting, I'm standing in the same room" lol...

You posted your voice Jesse?!? Where???!!!

Ahem... I mean... cool.

OMG so do you have the same issue?
    I imagine being a vocal performer, you just might...

Yeah I'm on there, not too far back... Don't get your hopes up tho lol... In fact, get them way down so I don't sound tooo dim lol

Wouldn't mind hearing you soon either 💕

You sound all hyped up! :) I'm not sure I know how to post.
  • jstevens8811
    jstevens8811 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    My boy turns 15 tomorrow. He's having 4 of his friends over for the weekend. A house full of teenagers. Lord. I may need to rent a uhaul to get groceries. Also...I may need wine.

Are the other boys bringing their TV's and xbox? If so, you just need earplugs 🤣. dealt with it last weekend and my wife took them to the gym to play basketball and they came home and played Xbox all night

Earplugs ✔ We have TV/xbox in the family room, and garage. I plan on locking....I mean letting them hangout there. There is heat, and a frig out there. I figured I throw a pizza out there every few hours. Ha! The boy wants steamed oysters, shrimp, crab dip. Pizza as a snack. Ha! The boy ain't cheap.

Sounds like my life 😂😂😂. Yeah they brought like 5 Xbox and 5 TV's last week. These kids are so different from my days growing up. And every night (until apple shutdown facetime the other day)They have FaceTime party.

When I grew up, we got cake. That's it. Played with our cousins/neighbors until dark. Mostly because our parents told us not to come back until then. Ha!
    I watched him play xbox while doing whatever they do on their phones at the same time. If I have that Mom look, and tell him to take out the trash, he knows to move it or I disconnect the wifi. If he doesn't clean his room the controller goes missing. ;)

Sounds like my childhood. Get together for the “cake cutting” and being told to go outside and be home before the street lights came on, “or else”.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    The curse of validation and how it seems like everyone looks for it in the wrong way.

Physically, and also cerebrally too. People want agreement...want to be seen AND heard, and validated that who they are inside and out is good. Posting a picture for validation is, of course, seen as desperate while posting a statement looking for people to agree isn't.

Weird world.

The dichotomy is certainly intriguing.

I agree!

I don't know... I kind of see it like this, whenever I post a selfie I guess I'm looking for some kind of validation sure... And really I don't care if that sounds lame or not because I won't be called disingenuous

To me if you try to claim that you're not looking for some kind of validation not only are you still lame but disingenuous and high on yourself

As for being agreed with... I don't need that, in a lot of cases I say things looking for people to disagree with me and sometimes I'll say things that I feel might be unpopular but need to be said

As for wanting to be heard... There's nothing wrong with that we're all human, fact is this place is just more fun when people notice you... And that's mostly what I'm here for

The first few responses to the original statement, I feel, were kind of joking. By saying “I agree” I was continuing a chain of validation. Meta.

But I hear ya.

I was just trying to piggyback on the convo as a whole... Your post was the last one when I had started my thoughts...

By the time I finished, like 20 popped up lol
    Not trying to target ya

ETA... I just now got the joke 🤦🏽‍♂️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Testing testing 123
  • SirMxyzptlk
    Options
    Testing testing 123

At a certain age, it happens to all guys.

tumblr_inline_mr2mi86diG1qz4rgp.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Weird world.

The dichotomy is certainly intriguing.

I agree!

I don't know... I kind of see it like this, whenever I post a selfie I guess I'm looking for some kind of validation sure... And really I don't care if that sounds lame or not because I won't be called disingenuous

To me if you try to claim that you're not looking for some kind of validation not only are you still lame but disingenuous and high on yourself

As for being agreed with... I don't need that, in a lot of cases I say things looking for people to disagree with me and sometimes I'll say things that I feel might be unpopular but need to be said

As for wanting to be heard... There's nothing wrong with that we're all human, fact is this place is just more fun when people notice you... And that's mostly what I'm here for

I see you!

I feel like I just totally over shared lol
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Agreed .. I would never have picked his voice as being so rich and deep and .. Ohh I got tingles just listening... 😃

Duuude.. Aww thanks you guys, I appreciate that!

I use to act a bit in school and loved calling talk radio shows to have it out with the host...

I've argued Sean Hannity a number of times along with a number of host here on the West Coast...

I'm the guy that you always want to say to "Dude, why are you shouting, I'm standing in the same room" lol...

You posted your voice Jesse?!? Where???!!!

Ahem... I mean... cool.

OMG so do you have the same issue?
    I imagine being a vocal performer, you just might...

Yeah I'm on there, not too far back... Don't get your hopes up tho lol... In fact, get them way down so I don't sound tooo dim lol

Wouldn't mind hearing you soon either 💕

You sound all hyped up! :) I'm not sure I know how to post.

I seriously wonder daily how many other people think that about me... Even when I'm quiet
    Say it on song 🤷🏽‍♂️...
    Yeah that 😏
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Testing testing 123

Nah, they make pretty decent pills for that *kitten* nowadays 🤷🏽‍♂️😂
  • SirMxyzptlk
    Options
    Testing testing 123

Yeah, no need for pill.

tumblr_inline_nl6b0wyI8a1ripgeb.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Testing testing 123

Yeah, no need for pill.

tumblr_inline_nl6b0wyI8a1ripgeb.gif

Nor sarcasm apperantly
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    This is what you remind me of everytime I catch you mouth breathing and staring at me.. just stop it's creepy af

dat6sntwohk2.jpg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Well, this place blew up last night. I will never get caught up with all these shenanigans.

You keep tricking me with your profile pic changes.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    Options
    /quote]

Nor sarcasm apperantly

Nor commas, apperantly.

• RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    This is what you remind me of everytime I catch you mouth breathing and staring at me.. just stop it's creepy af

dat6sntwohk2.jpg

I thought you liked it.
    I thought it was endearing.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

dat6sntwohk2.jpg

I thought you liked it.
    I thought it was endearing.

No that was me 😘