What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Therapy is not helping, medication is not my helping, working out is not helping. If anything I feel like I’m getting worse.

Ugh, I dunno what your specific fight is but I've been there. Keep battling, and I hope you find the combination that works for you to give you that break
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Therapy is not helping, medication is not my helping, working out is not helping. If anything I feel like I’m getting worse.

im sorry to hear this one.
    normally i'd say to most folks that they should try and get some time off work/school/family/whatever and take a private little trip somewhere all to themselves to clear their heads. maybe have some fun. even if its just a day.
    but that may not be what you need either. and it's rarely ever that simple.
    so what do you think would help?
    ain't saying you gotta answer here or nothing either, but it is worth thinking about regardless. and i hope you pass through it soon.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Love white sand.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    A nap and I still have about 10 hours of work to go.. gonna be a long one.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Will there ever be a time my son and I can do homework together without fighting? I swear this kid thinks he knows everything, yet he’s asking for help.

I feel you...

I swear if I find one more freaking PBJ with 2 bites taken.... He's going to be doing some hard time
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I shoulda stuck with writing pulp noir
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Will there ever be a time my son and I can do homework together without fighting? I swear this kid thinks he knows everything, yet he’s asking for help.

I feel you...

I swear if I find one more freaking PBJ with 2 bites taken.... He's going to be doing some hard time

My kid keeps coming home with his whole lunch. I sent him a ham and Swiss sandwich on a pretzel bagel with pita chips and artichoke dip, grapes, a yogurt and a fun size aero bar. He came home having eaten the aero bar and told me the rest is gross. Does that sound gross to you? lol.

These kids, ungrateful little stinker.

Also you can send peanut butter to school?
  • CoffeeAndContour
    Options

I get this. Homeschooled for 14 years, put them in public school, and they still get mad at me during homework. I find it so frustrating.

I have so much respect for parents who manage to homeschool. I had considered it but it seemed very overwhelming, I didn’t know where to start, there wasn’t much of a community for it locally and I worried I would fail him.

Also the patience you must have lol.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options

Lol do you think you are having a taste of your own medicine with your kids?

I know I was the same way as a kid with my parents thinking I knew everything, I can only expect the same if I have kids lol.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

I feel you...

My kid keeps calling coming home with his whole lunch. I sent him a ham and Swiss sandwich on a pretzel bagel with pita chips and artichoke dip, grapes, a yogurt and a fun size aero bar. He came home having eaten the aero bar and told me the rest is gross. Does that sound gross to you? lol.

These kids, ungrateful little stinker.

Also you can send peanut butter to school?

This reminds me of when my daughter came over to have coffee and Id made a sultana cake. I asked if she wanted a slice and she said no I hate sultanas. I said but Id put little packets of sultanas in your school lunchbox for years when you were younger.... she said mum, I have a secret, I never ate one packet, they all went in the bin. 😂 little bugger, those little boxes of sultanas were expensive.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

Lol do you think you are having a taste of your own medicine with your kids?

I know I was the same way as a kid with my parents thinking I knew everything, I can only expect the same if I have kids lol.

I don't have any recollection of my Mother ever helping me with my homework, and my grades were a reflection of that. I had undiagnosed ADHD, my report cards were atrocious and I don't remember her ever really thinking it was a big deal. I think she felt that eventually I would catch up and become successful because she did. And she was correct, I did, but that isn't a risk I want to take with my son who also has ADHD. So the quicker I can teach him that he will always have to work harder then everyone else, and that he can't use it as an excuse, the better. Its a nightmare at homework time, hes so hard headed in all areas of his life, and parenting that is difficult. But I try to remember I'm not raising a child but a man, and I want my one day, adult son, to stand strong in his beliefs and what will make him happy. In the mean time, I pray I don't run away before then (not really) :D It wasn't until I became a Mother I realized some of the poor decisions my Mother had made with me, and now she does the same crapola with me as a mother, she thinks I'm too hard on my son. And although, I love her because for the most part she was great, it goes in one ear and out the other, because he's happy and he gets great grades, I only wonder what I could have achieved if she had put a little work into my education.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    @tinak33 @Tankiscool @SurfyFoFurfy - Do I need to help you guys find a hobby? :lol: