What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    I need a fiction recommendation.

I read a lot of non-fiction, but I’m in the mood for a story.

I like fantasy/sci-fi if it’s not too campy.

The last thing I really enjoyed was American Gods.

I liked the GOT series but I’m not sure I can handle that much detail or violence right now. Also, I need something shorter.

I couldn’t get into Outlander.

I tried rereading the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series but it felt too dated and like I’d grown past it.

What should I read? Anyone?

Sandman - Neil Gaiman.

It’s graphic novel but it’s really well written, dark and mature.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Iced caramel latte with almond milk

Are you at Starbucks? Lol
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with society?! For all those people who complained about getting woken up from the amber alert on your phones, shame on you. While you’re worried about getting woken up, this little girl wasn’t lucky enough to have had the opportunity to wake up at all. She was taken from this life too early because of an evil act done by her very own father.

What if that was your child, or someone you knew. What would you do then? I am sure if you recieved an alert in your favour you would not be complaining so selfishly.

Keeping her family in my thoughts and prayers. May her beautiful soul rest in peace.

The whole thing is heart breaking. I went to sleep and the amber alert had been cancelled. I felt happy that she was found. Never ever would I have imagine she was killed.

And then right after I read she was gone, I read about people calling into 911 to complain about having their sleep disturbed. I was appalled. You’re right, what if it was their kids? And while they lay their head down on their pillow tonight and every night after, a mother will lay her head on hers and think about how she’ll never see her daughter again. You can wake me up anytime, any day, because every child deserves a chance to live. I say we take all those a-holes and put them in the middle of the ocean and them get all the rest they can.
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Iced caramel latte with almond milk

Are you at Starbucks? Lol

I was 😂😂😂 I was standing in line

Just so you are aware, Taylor Swift keeps a list of Starbucks lovers, and you're on it!
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    Thinking about what should I do with my hair? I typically buzz it off at this length but thinking of growing it out.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Thinking about what should I do with my hair? I typically buzz it off at this length but thinking of growing it out.

Shave the head, grow a beard
  • Tankiscool
    Options

bmtea842r929.jpeg

What about this?

4sknuscnocbp.jpg
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I would but every time I try to grow a beard I look like a precubesent teen and it comes in all patchy.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I would but every time I try to grow a beard I look like a precubesent teen and it comes in all patchy.

Power through!
  • Tankiscool
    Options

mohawk

b9i8obl81dke.jpeg

Like dis?

nl8ymen7l76u.jpg

Or dis one?

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

mohawk

b9i8obl81dke.jpeg

Like dis?

nl8ymen7l76u.jpg

Or dis one?

Definitely the bottom one 😁
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Is Saving Private Ryan too violent for my 7yr? 🤔
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options

I would say yes
  • Tankiscool
    Options

Too violent? I would say no. I was 7 when it came out and I remember watching it on VHS lol but I watched it later in life and really realize how good of a movie it was. So he probably won't grasp a whole lot.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Definitely. When in doubt, use common sense media, but then also use you’re own common sense as some movies like marvel movies are considered PG13, although I’m sure he watches them.

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/saving-private-ryan
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    What's worse; disinterest or anger?

Context?
    Matters for the answer

A friend, who previously I would speak to everyday. Now it's occasional and... Sterile, I suppose.

disinterest
    anger shows passion, even if it's a negative passion

Hearts lady, I feel you
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

uhhh yep. the first few minutes or so are the most violent/detailed. I'd hold off a couple years.