• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    If humor was evaluated on a graduated scale, my jokes would be within spitting distance of “well why don’t you marry it” and *points to eye* “what’s this” “now spell cup”

Dude, lady...you forgot the u in humour

I frequently get my o’s and u’s wrong

you get o's at all?

Ohhh youuu
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    So i started getting up at 5. And doing all these other intentional things. You know, purpose of life and all that.

I can’t believe all the years I’ve wasted by sleeping in. I get excited to wake up in the morning and grab my coffee and my headspace app and my journal and i wish i could get up even earlier so i would have time for an hour long walk too. I would do it too except the trade-off to getting up early is missing out on quality time with the night owls in my life.

I know that I’m happier when I go to sleep earlier and get up earlier to walk—but I struggle to do it. This is part of the reason I’ve been looking at sadness as something that I’m probably addicted to, and actively trying to let go of it a bit. Trying to make decisions that will help me feel better. It’s just...easier said than done because those addictions run so deep
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    So i started getting up at 5. And doing all these other intentional things. You know, purpose of life and all that.

I can’t believe all the years I’ve wasted by sleeping in. I get excited to wake up in the morning and grab my coffee and my headspace app and my journal and i wish i could get up even earlier so i would have time for an hour long walk too. I would do it too except the trade-off to getting up early is missing out on quality time with the night owls in my life.

I know that I’m happier when I go to sleep earlier and get up earlier to walk—but I struggle to do it. This is part of the reason I’ve been looking at sadness as something that I’m probably addicted to, and actively trying to let go of it a bit. Trying to make decisions that will help me feel better. It’s just...easier said than done because those addictions run so deep

The reason i started is because i felt like i was unconscious and living a purposeless existence with no barometer with which to gauge good days or bad days. They all felt meaningless.

It’s nice to have purpose in my days again.

The body is certainly resistant to change though, i can feel you there
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options

Welcome to the dark side ;)
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

I love waking up early while most of the world is still asleep. It is the only me time I really get in a day and things seem so peaceful. I want to look into this app now
  • Reckoner67
    Options

I love waking up early while most of the world is still asleep. It is the only me time I really get in a day and things seem so peaceful. I want to look into this app now

That’s how I feel once everyone is asleep. It’s quiet, very peaceful
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Here’s an app that has changed my life, and I’m not overstating that. I love this way of waking up so so much

5qhusjgq45da.png
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    @caco_ethes new pic, I need a shirt like that!
  • caco_ethes
    Options

The reason i started is because i felt like i was unconscious and living a purposeless existence with no barometer with which to gauge good days or bad days. They all felt meaningless.

okay i bought headspace app and i set alarm for tomorrow but idk idk idk

Just for the record:

I’m not claiming waking up early is for everyone. But for me personally, my scrambling around in the morning was affecting my whole day and i never realized it.

But. If you decide to try getting up early, you might find it helpful to kinda work out a list of things you’ll do and in what order. The first week or so i was such a zombie that i spent most of my time trying to think what I should do next. Every night now i set out my french press, fill the water kettle, lay out my clothes, take a shower or bath, get my desk set up, etc. Then in the morning i just follow along with my little guide in OneNote.

For me it has been magical so far.

In a month it might not be 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

It makes me laugh 😃
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

It makes me laugh 😃

Me too!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Here’s an app that has changed my life, and I’m not overstating that. I love this way of waking up so so much

5qhusjgq45da.png

I should try this maybe...I often think about just abandoning my life in the morning and saying "*kitten* it all, I dont care"
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    qthfjilx1kk9.gif
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Some days I look at all the selfie thread topics and am just exhausted at the thought of taking a picture

*EXHAUSTED*
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Some days I look at all the selfie thread topics and am just exhausted at the thought of taking a picture

*EXHAUSTED*

Can relate

Can relate so hard

I took a new profile pic yesterday and it took an embarrassingly long time considering it doesn’t even show my face. Selfies = not my jam
  • caco_ethes
    Options

okay i bought headspace app and i set alarm for tomorrow but idk idk idk

Just for the record:

I’m not claiming waking up early is for everyone. But for me personally, my scrambling around in the morning was affecting my whole day and i never realized it.

But. If you decide to try getting up early, you might find it helpful to kinda work out a list of things you’ll do and in what order. The first week or so i was such a zombie that i spent most of my time trying to think what I should do next. Every night now i set out my french press, fill the water kettle, lay out my clothes, take a shower or bath, get my desk set up, etc. Then in the morning i just follow along with my little guide in OneNote.

For me it has been magical so far.

In a month it might not be 🤷🏼‍♀️

well a bit ago like a few months when i was feeling happier i took advice to wake up and see the sunrise a couple times so i might do that, like take a walk

andddddd then idk what else i would do? maybe read outside for bit

I think what clicked for me were the intentions behind it. I get up knowing what i want to do. If you don’t have a reason to get up early, getting up early will not improve your life on its own. Probably make it much worse 😅
  • Reckoner67
    Options

*EXHAUSTED*

Can relate

Can relate so hard

I took a new profile pic yesterday and it took an embarrassingly long time considering it doesn’t even show my face. Selfies = not my jam

I'm all for showing my face, but honestly, *nobody* wants to see that. Not more than once, anyway--I mean, it's always cool to see who you're talking to on forums, but that's enough of me.

If I have any redeeming qualities, they're probably locked firmly away in my brain somewhere. DEFINITELY not memory, that's for sure, as that's dubious at best. Either way--selfies are not it.

So there's always that war between "Hey, I'd like to be personable, and participate!" and "Eff this noise"
  • caco_ethes
    edited May 2019
    Options

*EXHAUSTED*

Can relate

Can relate so hard

I'm all for showing my face, but honestly, *nobody* wants to see that. Not more than once, anyway--I mean, it's always cool to see who you're talking to on forums, but that's enough of me.

If I have any redeeming qualities, they're probably locked firmly away in my brain somewhere. DEFINITELY not memory, that's for sure, as that's dubious at best. Either way--selfies are not it.

So there's always that war between "Hey, I'd like to be personable, and participate!" and "Eff this noise"

Well, fwiw.. my favorite selfies tend to be the ‘eff this noise’ selfies 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edit: i almost never even go in the selfie threads anyway so I don’t feel like anyone is missing out when I don’t post them. It’s not that i dislike those threads, i just really hate them
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Being constantly offended doesn’t mean you’re right. It simply means you’re too narcissistic to tolerate an opinion different than yours.