What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    How do bumblebees poop if their stinger is in the way?
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    A lot of posts I’ve read, I’d truly start with building your self esteem. When you find confidence in yourself, a lot of these thoughts of the unknown and unknown future will slow down a bit. You’ll know what you want and a vision, you won’t be afraid of the outcome because you’ll be happy at some point, of where you are as a person.
    that sounds like good advice, I think it's important to grow a strong connection with ourselves, because everything goes sideways we will still have a strength within

Careful that doesn't take on a life of its own and become narcissism. That happens frequently to individuals raised in Western nations.

Constant focus on self, self, self is circular and sterile. It goes nowhere.

You may have been joking about moving to Russia but you might consider a visit to Russia or Eastern Europe. You may find it refreshing and invigorating.

Me, I think
    What should I do?

You don't come across as a narcissist to me. You seem sincerely warm hearted once you feel comfortable with someone. But maybe you could go east with 1sphere for some adventurous travel. You could bunk separately but maybe go to a play or opera together.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    A lot of posts I’ve read, I’d truly start with building your self esteem. When you find confidence in yourself, a lot of these thoughts of the unknown and unknown future will slow down a bit. You’ll know what you want and a vision, you won’t be afraid of the outcome because you’ll be happy at some point, of where you are as a person.
    that sounds like good advice, I think it's important to grow a strong connection with ourselves, because everything goes sideways we will still have a strength within

Careful that doesn't take on a life of its own and become narcissism. That happens frequently to individuals raised in Western nations.

You may have been joking about moving to Russia but you might consider a visit to Russia or Eastern Europe. You may find it refreshing and invigorating.

Narcissists Feed off empaths and I’m pretty sure @1sphere doesn’t raise up signals as being a narcissistic. He appears like someone who’ll be embodied, by a narcissist if not careful in figuring himself out.

Yes that's a sad possibility for him, I agree. He could be taken advantage of. But he seems to be of sharp intellect though. He can arm himself psychologically against narcissists if he sees the red flags.

You think? All I’ve gathered is women chit chat.. so his mind is half fluff in the clouds, lot of crappy people. So ehh.. self focus sure as crap isn’t sterile and goes nowhere, can save him from a whole lot of mess.
  • newmeadow
    Options

And pointing someone with very low self esteem in the direction of second guessing raising their self esteem, sounds wise?

I don't know what you mean exactly. Please clarify. Dude has to get out of a rut. It's doable.

Also, I don't diagnose self esteem abnormalities. I think self esteem doesn't exist. It's vague and I believe a smokescreen term used to disguise malignant social conditioning meant to mislead people. (Not that you're doing that personally. "Self esteem" is pop psy lingo that's taken root in everyday conversation.)
  • newmeadow
    Options

Narcissists Feed off empaths and I’m pretty sure @1sphere doesn’t raise up signals as being a narcissistic. He appears like someone who’ll be embodied, by a narcissist if not careful in figuring himself out.

Yes that's a sad possibility for him, I agree. He could be taken advantage of. But he seems to be of sharp intellect though. He can arm himself psychologically against narcissists if he sees the red flags.

You think? All I’ve gathered is women chit chat.. so his mind is half fluff in the clouds, lot of crappy people. So ehh.. self focus sure as crap isn’t sterile and goes nowhere, can save him from a whole lot of mess.

Whatever. You've given him your advice. I've given him mine. He's a man. He doesn't need women to tell what to do anyway.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options

And pointing someone with very low self esteem in the direction of second guessing raising their self esteem, sounds wise?

I don't know what you mean exactly. Please clarify. Dude has to get out of a rut. It's doable.

Also, I don't diagnose self esteem abnormalities. I think self esteem doesn't exist. It's vague and I believe a smokescreen term used to disguise malignant social conditioning meant to mislead people. (Not that you're doing that personally. "Self esteem" is pop psy lingo that's taken root in everyday conversation.)

Self esteem is a quick response, directly to @1sphere due to posts about how strangers look at him as though they’re repulsed. The constant posts about relationships and being single.

How do you think he’s going to get out of a mental rut?
    Confidence, self work and building self esteem. You may think self esteem is just pop psy lingo, however if this guy went to therapy.. better believe they’d discuss how to build his self esteem. How would he build self confidence by continue to focus on what others are thinking. The mental rut, starts with you and your thoughts, not others.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I can finally cancel my psychiatry subscription.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I can finally cancel my psychiatry subscription.

I can clearly see yer nuts
  • samtarlyonadiet
    Options
    Spank is only one letter away from shank.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    Spank is only one letter away from shank.

And both might be necessary, depending on where you live 😂
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Today’s the big day. Making a major life decision soon

Go with 7, vanilla, forgiveness, or green
  • samtarlyonadiet
    Options

Finally getting the "let me speak to your manager" haircut?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

tell em its cash up front or you walk. none of that direct deposit business.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

Go with 7, vanilla, forgiveness, or green

Cliche, boring, not a thing

Green it is

Finally getting the "let me speak to your manager" haircut?

Better!

I’m taking a new profile pic
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Nobody is better at talking me out of things than I am
  • caco_ethes
    Options

are u buying a bed??

I would never post about something that personal on mfp 😏
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Nobody is better at talking me out of things than I am

This used to be me

I guess you could say i talked myself out of it 😬
  • caco_ethes
    Options

are u buying a bed??

I would never post about something that personal on mfp 😏

did u just post shame me

Not at all but you should know I’m highly specific about what constitutes a great bed. They say you spend 1/3 of your life sleeping you know. Or like 3/4 anyway its gotta be a damn good bed