Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Lids, Wondering if I have enough lids ,, Now a shortage of canning lids :(
    Cant find em anywhere
    What's the world coming to :#
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Still sad: Got the remains back from the vet today. The urn is lovely and the crematory sent a baggie with a clipping of her fur, which makes me super emotional just typing about it. They included lovely memorial papers, a certificate of cremation with her tag number, etc. Things to be stored away in a book somewhere, I suppose. At least she's back with us where she belongs.

My two remaining cats have been in a revolving door of hogging my lap. One leaves, the other jumps up and won't allow me to leave. They finally let me have a break when I had to go pee, lol. I don't know for sure, but I suspect they are grieving in their own way. Or maybe I'm just attributing too many human characteristics to my cats.. but I swear they knew she had gone before I did. They acted different from the moment I woke up yesterday, before I got the call..

Sometimes.. I think I see her gray little shadow in passing in our home, but I know it's not her and it hurts. I imagine it will be like that for some time. I'm mostly trying to get by, but it is, of course, hard.

I’m so sad for you. ❤️ We lost two kitties last year and it was really hard on us. The kids had a really hard time and I hated being unable to help them. I totally get what you mean by seeing them in every shadow (or in our case, laundry basket)
  • CacoEther
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Still sad: Got the remains back from the vet today. The urn is lovely and the crematory sent a baggie with a clipping of her fur, which makes me super emotional just typing about it. They included lovely memorial papers, a certificate of cremation with her tag number, etc. Things to be stored away in a book somewhere, I suppose. At least she's back with us where she belongs.

My two remaining cats have been in a revolving door of hogging my lap. One leaves, the other jumps up and won't allow me to leave. They finally let me have a break when I had to go pee, lol. I don't know for sure, but I suspect they are grieving in their own way. Or maybe I'm just attributing too many human characteristics to my cats.. but I swear they knew she had gone before I did. They acted different from the moment I woke up yesterday, before I got the call..

Sometimes.. I think I see her gray little shadow in passing in our home, but I know it's not her and it hurts. I imagine it will be like that for some time. I'm mostly trying to get by, but it is, of course, hard.

best thing about time is how it passes.
    one minute to the next. day to day.
    each one different.
    maybe tomorrow will be a better day i hope.

I hope it will be. I just hate how grief strikes me down every time. I'm not a stranger to death, human or animal, unfortunately. But man, it just gets me every time. Always fresh, always different.

I hate that even though he's not showing it, this is affecting my son. He's been coming into our room every night this week (before she passed), with nightmares that depicted her death/passing. He asked me to tonight if he could hug her urn and I nearly lost it. We're all of us grieving, I think I'm just the most visual out of the group.

I know we'll get past this, but I do worry about Galaxy's littermate. They were secret cuddle buddies up until she got ill. I just worry that he won't be able to endure her passing and will go to be with her within the year. The vet says he's fine (as far as his annual exam went), but it's a concern... like a life long romance separated by death. You always hear stories of the partner passing within a year of their loved one, dying of a broken heart. Will he be like that? Unable to live without his sister and just languish away? I hope not.

But you're right: I know it will get better in time. I'll always miss her though. :heart:

one of my geese died a while back now I'm afraid.
    i thought he'd migrated but recently i found a little grave someone built out where he lived.

my fear is he got run over. but someone was decent enough to stop and bury the little guy. stones piled up and everything.

i can't know for sure unless i dug the area up. but i can't do that. i just know he's missing and i miss him. and the grave is goose sized.

i helped him with an injury a while back. and it seems so much at this point like "why". because it didn't help keep him around in the end.

but i helped him when i could. and he lives on still in a way. nothing can erase that.

but time flattens things.
    i guess i hope it erases the rough edges for yalls family too.

Crushing 😢
  • CacoEther
    Options
    Wish adds be weird this morning loghlon6y8ti.jpg
    gysi99ezet1z.jpg

Oh my gosh, lmao
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

So very sorry. ❤
  • cdubks88
    Options
    gysi99ezet1z.jpg

😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    gysi99ezet1z.jpg

'Mens Satin Bikini Sets'... trigger so many questions

My first question: Are they offered in a leopard print?

I picture you more in a leather one.
  • Thetwitchisback
    Thetwitchisback Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    gysi99ezet1z.jpg

With a zipper
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I’m a sucker for quotes especially when they seem to show up at just the right time. It’s great meeting new people who, even if they push you out of your comfort zone a little, build you up. I love people who believe and live like there is room for everyone to grow and be better and they aren’t threatened by or jealous of things like that. It’s a good day.❤️

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too can become great.” Mark Twain

Love this ❤
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    gysi99ezet1z.jpg

gysi99ezet1z.jpg

With a zipper

I'm a slave to fashion.

Call it a weakness, if you must.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Did we invent math or just discover it?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

each one different.

I hope it will be. I just hate how grief strikes me down every time. I'm not a stranger to death, human or animal, unfortunately. But man, it just gets me every time. Always fresh, always different.

I hate that even though he's not showing it, this is affecting my son. He's been coming into our room every night this week (before she passed), with nightmares that depicted her death/passing. He asked me to tonight if he could hug her urn and I nearly lost it. We're all of us grieving, I think I'm just the most visual out of the group.

I know we'll get past this, but I do worry about Galaxy's littermate. They were secret cuddle buddies up until she got ill. I just worry that he won't be able to endure her passing and will go to be with her within the year. The vet says he's fine (as far as his annual exam went), but it's a concern... like a life long romance separated by death. You always hear stories of the partner passing within a year of their loved one, dying of a broken heart. Will he be like that? Unable to live without his sister and just languish away? I hope not.

But you're right: I know it will get better in time. I'll always miss her though. :heart:

i thought he'd migrated but recently i found a little grave someone built out where he lived.

my fear is he got run over. but someone was decent enough to stop and bury the little guy. stones piled up and everything.

i can't know for sure unless i dug the area up. but i can't do that. i just know he's missing and i miss him. and the grave is goose sized.

i helped him with an injury a while back. and it seems so much at this point like "why". because it didn't help keep him around in the end.

but i helped him when i could. and he lives on still in a way. nothing can erase that.

I suppose it does. Trying to keep busy with things will probably also help in the long run.

You have geese? As in, more than one? Do you give them names? Do they follow you around like chickens do?

• cdubks88
    Options
    I was wondering if @Thetwitchisback 's garden made it through the hard freeze and how it turned out.....

Ours is coming in late and saw you back around and it reminded me.....
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @KosmosKitten I'm really sorry. :( Can you work with the rest of your family to put together a donation box to your nearest cat shelter, in Galaxy's memory? Doing something physical and helpful for others can be a good way to share the grief with your family and much needed items for others.
    My sister and her dh had to have their dog euthanized a couple months or so ago; it totally broke both their hearts. Their little dog had been keeping them going, especially since my BIL has been declining with Alzheimer's. There are just no words to help take the pain away. :(

As iMago said, "time flattens things".

Our connection to our beloved animals is a strong one. Love happens unconditionally and that's a rare thing with humans.

I could, but I'm honestly considering just volunteering with the shelters again. It's been a long time, but I enjoyed it the last time I volunteered in the "cat room". Spend my day petting, brushing and playing with cats? Yes, please. :)

My only "fear" with that is that I'll find another cat to bring home. Normally that would be fine, but we'll be moving to a new state (and then a new country) within a years' time and shipping more than two animals gets really, really expensive and scary. I suppose it will really depend on how Magellan does (Galaxy's littermate). If he can make it overseas, great.. if he passes before then, we will probably look at adopting a cat in Korea once we settle there.

I can also maybe donate blankets, cat toys and other things to help the shelter using my amazing "crochet and knitting-fu" powers. I'll look into it. The Humane Society is literally down the road from where I live. I could walk there in about 20 min.

Your BIL with Alzheimer's: Ouch. Been down that road more than once with relatives. It's a tough disease to deal with as the witnessing party. My condolences to them both for the loss of their beloved dog and his condition.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Did we invent math or just discover it?

Probably simply discovered it.

That is, what we know of it already.
    We'll need to keep pressing forward with our understanding of mathematics and physics.

... and we need to hurry up, I'm just itching for some wormhole travel.

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

each one different.

I suppose it does. Trying to keep busy with things will probably also help in the long run.

You have geese? As in, more than one? Do you give them names? Do they follow you around like chickens do?

they're not mine. i just babysit i guess from time to time. but most of them have names and most of them follow me around a bit yeah.