What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    I guess the silver lining is that all of the kids who never have a place to sit during lunch or are bullied, will not have to put up with the other kids whose parents raise them to be little brats...

Unless they have siblings 😆
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Forgoing the melatonin has proved to be not the wisest move

Sometimes, melatonin doesn't even work for me. I still have insomnia. Does it work 100% of the time when you take it?

It has so far yes
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Forgoing the melatonin has proved to be not the wisest move

Dude, Sleepy time tea actually works pretty good for me.

I’ll look into this thanks
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    I’m pretty sure Skip Bayless doesn’t believe half the crap he says - but his takes get him ratings so guess he’s doing his job - I see him as a heel in wrestling- 🤷‍♂️ - I know no one will know wth I’m talking about but it’s what is currently on my mind

I hear you bro.

Can’t tell if you’re kidding or not 😂
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options
    I’m pretty sure Skip Bayless doesn’t believe half the crap he says - but his takes get him ratings so guess he’s doing his job - I see him as a heel in wrestling- 🤷‍♂️ - I know no one will know wth I’m talking about but it’s what is currently on my mind

I hear you bro.

Can’t tell if you’re kidding or not 😂

I haven't listened to bayless (or had anything to do with sports, really) for at least a few years, but I know what you mean. I also grew up on rasslin and know what heel is. He's just gettin his pop.

I HEAR YOU BRO 😁
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The gf is trying to get me hired on at her job but she's hurt herself pretty badly four times in the last week or two and I have to wonder. Do I want to work there? Supposedly they were all freak accidents. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤕
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    my abs hurt
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Here in Arizona, we have drowning awareness month.

Which is pretty stupid.

I mean, If you're drowning somebody, you're probably quite aware of it.

I love your style of humor 😆
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Here in Arizona, we have drowning awareness month.

Which is pretty stupid.

I mean, If you're drowning somebody, you're probably quite aware of it.

I love your style of humor 😆

Humor ?
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Quantum Entanglement 🤯
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Quantum Entanglement 🤯

🔥🔥🔥... 😏
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Bayless is a tool. I can't stand to watch him. He's the part that gets them ratings because of that nonsense.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Still sad: Got the remains back from the vet today. The urn is lovely and the crematory sent a baggie with a clipping of her fur, which makes me super emotional just typing about it. They included lovely memorial papers, a certificate of cremation with her tag number, etc. Things to be stored away in a book somewhere, I suppose. At least she's back with us where she belongs.

My two remaining cats have been in a revolving door of hogging my lap. One leaves, the other jumps up and won't allow me to leave. They finally let me have a break when I had to go pee, lol. I don't know for sure, but I suspect they are grieving in their own way. Or maybe I'm just attributing too many human characteristics to my cats.. but I swear they knew she had gone before I did. They acted different from the moment I woke up yesterday, before I got the call..

Sometimes.. I think I see her gray little shadow in passing in our home, but I know it's not her and it hurts. I imagine it will be like that for some time. I'm mostly trying to get by, but it is, of course, hard.

best thing about time is how it passes.
    one minute to the next. day to day.
    each one different.
    maybe tomorrow will be a better day i hope.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Still sad: Got the remains back from the vet today. The urn is lovely and the crematory sent a baggie with a clipping of her fur, which makes me super emotional just typing about it. They included lovely memorial papers, a certificate of cremation with her tag number, etc. Things to be stored away in a book somewhere, I suppose. At least she's back with us where she belongs.

My two remaining cats have been in a revolving door of hogging my lap. One leaves, the other jumps up and won't allow me to leave. They finally let me have a break when I had to go pee, lol. I don't know for sure, but I suspect they are grieving in their own way. Or maybe I'm just attributing too many human characteristics to my cats.. but I swear they knew she had gone before I did. They acted different from the moment I woke up yesterday, before I got the call..

Sometimes.. I think I see her gray little shadow in passing in our home, but I know it's not her and it hurts. I imagine it will be like that for some time. I'm mostly trying to get by, but it is, of course, hard.

each one different.

I hope it will be. I just hate how grief strikes me down every time. I'm not a stranger to death, human or animal, unfortunately. But man, it just gets me every time. Always fresh, always different.

I hate that even though he's not showing it, this is affecting my son. He's been coming into our room every night this week (before she passed), with nightmares that depicted her death/passing. He asked me to tonight if he could hug her urn and I nearly lost it. We're all of us grieving, I think I'm just the most visual out of the group.

I know we'll get past this, but I do worry about Galaxy's littermate. They were secret cuddle buddies up until she got ill. I just worry that he won't be able to endure her passing and will go to be with her within the year. The vet says he's fine (as far as his annual exam went), but it's a concern... like a life long romance separated by death. You always hear stories of the partner passing within a year of their loved one, dying of a broken heart. Will he be like that? Unable to live without his sister and just languish away? I hope not.

But you're right: I know it will get better in time. I'll always miss her though. :heart:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

each one different.

I hope it will be. I just hate how grief strikes me down every time. I'm not a stranger to death, human or animal, unfortunately. But man, it just gets me every time. Always fresh, always different.

I hate that even though he's not showing it, this is affecting my son. He's been coming into our room every night this week (before she passed), with nightmares that depicted her death/passing. He asked me to tonight if he could hug her urn and I nearly lost it. We're all of us grieving, I think I'm just the most visual out of the group.

I know we'll get past this, but I do worry about Galaxy's littermate. They were secret cuddle buddies up until she got ill. I just worry that he won't be able to endure her passing and will go to be with her within the year. The vet says he's fine (as far as his annual exam went), but it's a concern... like a life long romance separated by death. You always hear stories of the partner passing within a year of their loved one, dying of a broken heart. Will he be like that? Unable to live without his sister and just languish away? I hope not.

But you're right: I know it will get better in time. I'll always miss her though. :heart:

I am so sorry 😔
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Man a few places around here are getting downright hostile.. 😒

Annnd, I love when I can catch one of my offspring in a little white lie, the look on their face like I must be psychic or magical.. Nope.. your siblings dobbed 😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @KosmosKitten I'm really sorry. :( Can you work with the rest of your family to put together a donation box to your nearest cat shelter, in Galaxy's memory? Doing something physical and helpful for others can be a good way to share the grief with your family and much needed items for others.
    My sister and her dh had to have their dog euthanized a couple months or so ago; it totally broke both their hearts. Their little dog had been keeping them going, especially since my BIL has been declining with Alzheimer's. There are just no words to help take the pain away. :(

As iMago said, "time flattens things".

Our connection to our beloved animals is a strong one. Love happens unconditionally and that's a rare thing with humans.