What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    CorkyLaRue wrote: »
    I love marijuana

I could imagine being high and reading through this thread.

• Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    From some of your posts I gather you want intimate companionship. That's cool.
    It might sound like this, but actually I don't have much to offer (right now), and I really don't have much time. I'm just pessimistic that things won't work out if/when I want them to. It's a fear, maybe it's a false fear, but maybe it also has some real significance.. I know that we live in a chaos world, but I think if I really did want to meet someone, I should have gone and done that years ago. But maybe I should trust that there will be single people in the future.

A lot of posts I’ve read, I’d truly start with building your self esteem. When you find confidence in yourself, a lot of these thoughts of the unknown and unknown future will slow down a bit. You’ll know what you want and a vision, you won’t be afraid of the outcome because you’ll be happy at some point, of where you are as a person.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    CorkyLaRue wrote: »
    I love marijuana

I could imagine being high and reading through this thread.

You made me lol, for real

100%
    for real!

I love it the most tho, I think.
    Bit of "in" to people's minds....and maybe less reserved than they are in person
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    A lot of posts I’ve read, I’d truly start with building your self esteem. When you find confidence in yourself, a lot of these thoughts of the unknown and unknown future will slow down a bit. You’ll know what you want and a vision, you won’t be afraid of the outcome because you’ll be happy at some point, of where you are as a person.
    that sounds like good advice, I think it's important to grow a strong connection with ourselves, because everything goes sideways we will still have a strength within

Careful that doesn't take on a life of its own and become narcissism. That happens frequently to individuals raised in Western nations.

Constant focus on self, self, self is circular and sterile. It goes nowhere.

You may have been joking about moving to Russia but you might consider a visit to Russia or Eastern Europe. You may find it refreshing and invigorating.

• Vikka_V
    Options
    It might sound like this, but actually I don't have much to offer (right now), and I really don't have much time. I'm just pessimistic that things won't work out if/when I want them to. It's a fear, maybe it's a false fear, but maybe it also has some real significance.. I know that we live in a chaos world, but I think if I really did want to meet someone, I should have gone and done that years ago. But maybe I should trust that there will be single people in the future.

I hear you, as we get older it seems like there are more limits, in everything really. Clothing choices, jobs, physical activities,
    whatever...etc
    ...but as I type this...is that just a skewed perspective based on other people's choices and ideas?
    Ya, I'm thinking it is

Reality is your life is all that matters right now and forever, for you. Take care as best you can, of you.

I'll tell you a sweet story!
    A client at my work (gotta be like 70 ish), her husband died a few years ago and randomly she was reunited with someone she hadn't seen in 25 years...
    ...they reconnected and got married last month
    ...so sweet!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Sometimes being forgotten or left behind is a good thing

False

False

You couldn’t be less right
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    May 1th

Is this some cryptic note to me Cakey?

I'm taking it that way! 'Cause I want to, and I missed you!

And i have missed you! 🥰
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

False

False

You couldn't be more wrong
  • caco_ethes
    Options

False

False

You couldn't be more wrong

You could be more right
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

False

False

You have no idea what I am capable of!
  • caco_ethes
    Options

False

False

You have no idea what I am capable of!

False 😏
  • Vikka_V
    Options

Wise words, very well spoken
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    that sounds like good advice, I think it's important to grow a strong connection with ourselves, because everything goes sideways we will still have a strength within

Careful that doesn't take on a life of its own and become narcissism. That happens frequently to individuals raised in Western nations.

You may have been joking about moving to Russia but you might consider a visit to Russia or Eastern Europe. You may find it refreshing and invigorating.

And pointing someone with very low self esteem in the direction of second guessing raising their self esteem, sounds wise?
  • Vikka_V
    Options

Me, I think
    What should I do?
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options

Narcissists Feed off empaths and I’m pretty sure @1sphere doesn’t raise up signals as being a narcissistic. He appears like someone who’ll be embodied, by a narcissist if not careful in figuring himself out.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options

Me, I think
    What should I do?

impulsive decision making sounds reasonable 😬
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options

Narcissists Feed off empaths and I’m pretty sure @1sphere doesn’t raise up signals as being a narcissistic. He appears like someone who’ll be embodied, by a narcissist if not careful in figuring himself out.

Yes that's a sad possibility for him, I agree. He could be taken advantage of. But he seems to be of sharp intellect though. He can arm himself psychologically against narcissists if he sees the red flags.