What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My oldest grandson (7) has been playing basketball and
    he will be attending school (at school) 5days a week.
    I am pleased.

I'd advise having a backup plan in your pocket, once a case pops up they will probably have to shut down for 2 week. Depending on the size of the school, this is likely to happen repeatedly.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping I'd get a weekend away before school starts to refresh myself mentally but Idk if that's gonna happen now. School starts next week and it will be 3 days at home then 2 days at school. My 11 year old has difficulty comprehending basic academic learning so I will be the one next to her walking her through all her work when she's at home. I'm not trained in this and I'm really stressing out about her having a successful school year. And that doesn't cover my other two kids and housework in between. Maybe I'm just freaking out and everything will be okay but still, Send all wine.

Just sharing what I have heard from the teachers I know: they know this is not ideal for many kids and families. They know that many kids are going to struggle because of this. They know that when things eventually normalize they will have to meet the kids where they are and move forward with them.

It's awesome you are so involved, but try not to get too stressed about it, she will feel that. Remember to protect her self esteem and your families happiness while you try to help her through it. Remember when things normalize you can better access the help she needs and in the meantime academic success may not be the most important thing. Y'all can make it though and she will grow into an awesome woman like her momma.

Thank you 💕
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Imagine that you are on a lakefront property on the covered porch overlooking the water with your favorite tea as it rains. You're there with your favorite person. The thunder echoes here and there.
    Suddenly, the lake swells and mf godzilla pops out screeching and tearing the world around you apart and you just sit there enjoying your tea. You snooze a little bit in your chair.
    You're awoken to find that you are swiftly flying through the air in the direction of the water. Luckily you didn't belly flop. As you are torpedoing deep into the lake you take this time to reflect. All is quiet and dark as the water pressure hugs you like your parents never did. 'Maybe I'll pick up a new hobby ' you think. Propulsion has stopped and you gently float up to the surface.
    You just kinda float there as rain droplets hit your skin like little fists. Everything is on fire 🔥 except for the lake. There's an odd sensation on your back and next thing you know you're being swallowed up by another massive monster of the lake.
    'Life is an adventure' you think as you water slide into the stomach. It smells in here, regrettably. You see your favorite person has happened to make it in here with you! It's only the top half but that's your favorite half anyway. You catch up just like old times for hours or days, you can't really tell but you don't care because you're having a good time.
    The air pressure is getting the kind of annoying and next thing you know you're expelled from the belly of the beast and promptly covered by a little bit of sand. Turns out that the beast isn't very good at covering it's doo doo. 💩
    A thick charred smell fills your lungs which is a welcomed odor considering recent events. You start walking through the incinerated forest and in a few hours time you find civilization again.
    People gawk at you and some are screaming at piles of rubble. 'Do I need a haircut?' You ponder.
    You just wander into a random house as one of the walls are missing and it appears no one is home. You check the microwave and Yay! Tea! You sit on the couch and sip your tea, content. 🥰☕️
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Imagine that you are on a lakefront property on the covered porch overlooking the water with your favorite tea as it rains. You're there with your favorite person. The thunder echoes here and there.
    Suddenly, the lake swells and mf godzilla pops out screeching and tearing the world around you apart and you just sit there enjoying your tea. You snooze a little bit in your chair.
    You're awoken to find that you are swiftly flying through the air in the direction of the water. Luckily you didn't belly flop. As you are torpedoing deep into the lake you take this time to reflect. All is quiet and dark as the water pressure hugs you like your parents never did. 'Maybe I'll pick up a new hobby ' you think. Propulsion has stopped and you gently float up to the surface.
    You just kinda float there as rain droplets hit your skin like little fists. Everything is on fire 🔥 except for the lake. There's an odd sensation on your back and next thing you know you're being swallowed up by another massive monster of the lake.
    'Life is an adventure' you think as you water slide into the stomach. It smells in here, regrettably. You see your favorite person has happened to make it in here with you! It's only the top half but that's your favorite half anyway. You catch up just like old times for hours or days, you can't really tell but you don't care because you're having a good time.
    The air pressure is getting the kind of annoying and next thing you know you're expelled from the belly of the beast and promptly covered by a little bit of sand. Turns out that the beast isn't very good at covering it's doo doo. 💩
    A thick charred smell fills your lungs which is a welcomed odor considering recent events. You start walking through the incinerated forest and in a few hours time you find civilization again.
    People gawk at you and some are screaming at piles of rubble. 'Do I need a haircut?' You ponder.
    You just wander into a random house as one of the walls are missing and it appears no one is home. You check the microwave and Yay! Tea! You sit on the couch and sip your tea, content. 🥰☕️

english breakfast?
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    One of my three cats passed away this morning after appearing to get better. None of us were able to see her off over the rainbow bridge and I am heartbroken. I will never see her, never pet her and never get to hold her again.

I hate this year and I'm really beyond caring about anything, including obligations I have to other people/groups.

Ahh this is terrible. So sorry 😢
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

english breakfast?

It's a pick your own tea flavor kind of story
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    One of my three cats passed away this morning after appearing to get better. None of us were able to see her off over the rainbow bridge and I am heartbroken. I will never see her, never pet her and never get to hold her again.

I hate this year and I'm really beyond caring about anything, including obligations I have to other people/groups.

I'm so sorry for your loss 😔
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »

Ahh this is terrible. So sorry 😢

Hugs ❤
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

I'm so sorry. Sending you a virtual hug.

:heart: It sucks, but I know she's better off this way. She had chronic kidney disease and I guess her kidneys couldn't sustain her anymore. I did get one extra month with her from when she crashed before July 4th, so I am thankful for that month. And.. she passed away peacefully sleeping. She wasn't euthanized. Just ate, stared around at the people in the vet clinic and took a permanent nap.

I could not ask for a better way for her to go, even if none of my family were present. :heart:

Kosmos, I'm so sorry. :( Words don't help much but just know many of us here are thinking of you.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    🤣
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    My little Daisy Ray colored all over her forearms with markers trying to copy my tattoos 🤦🏽‍♂️...

I don't know whether or not this is more adorable or troublesome 😂🙈
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    Forgoing the melatonin has proved to be not the wisest move
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    My little Daisy Ray colored all over her forearms with markers trying to copy my tattoos 🤦🏽‍♂️...

I don't know whether or not this is more adorable or troublesome 😂🙈

Creativity and imagination at its finest. Feel lucky you don't have tattoos on your face. :)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    I’m pretty sure Skip Bayless doesn’t believe half the crap he says - but his takes get him ratings so guess he’s doing his job - I see him as a heel in wrestling- 🤷‍♂️ - I know no one will know wth I’m talking about but it’s what is currently on my mind
  • will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I’m pretty sure Skip Bayless doesn’t believe half the crap he says - but his takes get him ratings so guess he’s doing his job - I see him as a heel in wrestling- 🤷‍♂️ - I know no one will know wth I’m talking about but it’s what is currently on my mind

I hear you bro.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,154 Member
    Options

Dude, Sleepy time tea actually works pretty good for me.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Sometimes, melatonin doesn't even work for me. I still have insomnia. Does it work 100% of the time when you take it?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I guess the silver lining is that all of the kids who never have a place to sit during lunch or are bullied, will not have to put up with the other kids whose parents raise them to be little brats...