What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Being constantly offended doesn’t mean you’re right. It simply means you’re too narcissistic to tolerate an opinion different than yours.

<3
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    I'm going to go live in Russia goodbye

You'll meet young single women who will probably belong to the Orthodox Church, who received a strict traditional upbringing in a two parent married family and likely espouse more conservative values. Unlike Ireland, UK and Western Europe.

Strong, confident men in a good position to be the exclusive provider for a growing family are always going to be a hot commodity. Also men who don't drink or drink very moderately would do very well there with single women.

You know what you want but also consider what you have to offer.

I think this is becoming devalued here in America, maybe the westernized world in general. Women coming up, getting educated and having a career, self-suffiecient, etc.. don't seem to want a man unless he fits their timeline/agenda/schedule. Where's the 50/50? The meeting halfway? The working as a team?

I only halfway agree with this. I do not think it is being devalued. As a successful, career-having, educated woman, I still wanted a man that could stand on his own. I have worked hard for my success and can do just fine on my own. I wanted a partner that was also successful and could handle being on his own, not someone I would have to support. I wasn't willing to settle on someone. If that timeline took longer, so be it. If he did not support my goals or got in the way, then gtfo.
  • THS2HASPASSED
    THS2HASPASSED Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Not much on my mind other than staying on track of my goals and Staying humble.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    m0u8w3f2abf4.jpeg
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    1sphere wrote: »
    I'm going to go live in Russia goodbye

You'll meet young single women who will probably belong to the Orthodox Church, who received a strict traditional upbringing in a two parent married family and likely espouse more conservative values. Unlike Ireland, UK and Western Europe.

Strong, confident men in a good position to be the exclusive provider for a growing family are always going to be a hot commodity. Also men who don't drink or drink very moderately would do very well there with single women.

You know what you want but also consider what you have to offer.

I think this is becoming devalued here in America, maybe the westernized world in general. Women coming up, getting educated and having a career, self-suffiecient, etc.. don't seem to want a man unless he fits their timeline/agenda/schedule. Where's the 50/50? The meeting halfway? The working as a team?

I only halfway agree with this. I do not think it is being devalued. As a successful, career-having, educated woman, I still wanted a man that could stand on his own. I have worked hard for my success and can do just fine on my own. I wanted a partner that was also successful and could handle being on his own, not someone I would have to support. I wasn't willing to settle on someone. If that timeline took longer, so be it. If he did not support my goals or got in the way, then gtfo.

I think the best is when both parties in a relationship are capable of being 100% self-sufficient, yet meet halfway and work together as a team anyway.

I believe that has always been the goal even within traditional gender roles, with one person managing the home and another working farther afield. Both are valuable. It’s great to do things in a way that works for one’s own life and partnerships, and certainly times and practicalities have changed, but I like to be careful about chronological snobbery.
  • Cassandraw3
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to write a word with a strikethrough on here?

yes no
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    ^ so now just quote her and see how it’s written 😅

Edit: too slow
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    There's a Duane Reade next to my gym. I find myself eating drug store sushi often.
  • Cassandraw3
    Options
    This is why we can't have nice things!
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who has to work hard to even *try* to be clever on here? It's exhausting. I'm so tired
    so
    tired
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Eggplants
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who has to work hard to even *try* to be clever on here? It's exhausting. I'm so tired
    so
    tired
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lotsa clever people here, it seems statistically anomalous
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    so
    tired
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Faking it is killin me
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    so
    tired
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Faking it is killin me

Never fake it. Sets a bad precedent and you wind up unsatisfied.