• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    I gotta get some melatonin

I thought it was crap til I tried it, now I'm a fan...

You've sold me - I'ma try it - any particular brand you've found better than others - or am I good just grabbing at my next trip to the local Walmarts

I do nit recommend the gummies. They actually taste aweful and chew like 20 year old gummi bears.

I’ll second this. I just picked up some 3mg tablets cause they work for me, just generic or whatever from my local Meijer (regional-style Walmart)
    Are we still talking about melatonin? I tried that stuff back in the day and it felt like nothing to me. Then again I had little babies at the time and maybe nothing can touch that kind of tired/insomnia

For me, I notice a difference if I’m trying to relax to go to sleep. If I take one then stay active, it doesn’t make a ton of difference. If I take one and try to relax, it helps me fall asleep—whereas without it, I can get quiet and relax and lie in bed thinking for hours.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

You've sold me - I'ma try it - any particular brand you've found better than others - or am I good just grabbing at my next trip to the local Walmarts

I do nit recommend the gummies. They actually taste aweful and chew like 20 year old gummi bears.

I’ll second this. I just picked up some 3mg tablets cause they work for me, just generic or whatever from my local Meijer (regional-style Walmart)
    Are we still talking about melatonin? I tried that stuff back in the day and it felt like nothing to me. Then again I had little babies at the time and maybe nothing can touch that kind of tired/insomnia

i ain't had kids, but yeah i agree- i tried those before too like 5 at a time and it didn't do anything for me.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

For me, I notice a difference if I’m trying to relax to go to sleep. If I take one then stay active, it doesn’t make a ton of difference. If I take one and try to relax, it helps me fall asleep—whereas without it, I can get quiet and relax and lie in bed thinking for hours.

Makes sense. And if you do the relaxing thing without it, I’m guessing your mind keeps going?
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

Makes sense. And if you do the relaxing thing without it, I’m guessing your mind keeps going?

Oh yeah. My body doesn’t like to fall asleep before 2am in its own, but work doesn’t like me to roll in on my own schedule in the morning. Melatonin helps me keep “the man’s” schedule so I can function within “the man’s” world
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

i ain't had kids, but yeah i agree- i tried those before too like 5 at a time and it didn't do anything for me.

Hence the walrus
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

Hence the walrus

a652iuuosze8.gif
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Wondering if I'm the only one who types up a lengthy response to someone's comment on here and then erases it because I'm afraid it's coming across the wrong way.

Me. I do this.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Those people over there in the “How do we perceive you” thread are brave. I’m not certain I would like those answers :D
    I haven’t peeked in awhile but last I checked it was mostly a love fest. Plus, you are well-liked; people would say nice things
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Those people over there in the “How do we perceive you” thread are brave. I’m not certain I would like those answers :D

Ohno! What answers! 😳
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

That's my issue at times I just lay there in my own head -
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Some people claim it actually works better with a smaller dose so i just crush ‘em up and smell ‘em. Knocks me right out
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I haven’t peeked in awhile but last I checked it was mostly a love fest. Plus, you are well-liked; people would say nice things

In my real life, I’ve had the worst things said to me or about me so it’s just a fear of public humiliation I guess. Thank you for your nice words :)

caco_ethes wrote: »

Ohno! What answers! 😳

No, nothing bad going on in there (that I seen). I was talking about things that would be solely about me, I don’t think I’d want to hear it.

• your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    A woman threw a banana skin out of her car window when I was driving behind her. Were we in a race? Is Mario Kart my actual life? I'm super glad it wasn't the blue shell.
    😆
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    A woman threw a banana skin out of her car window when I was driving behind her. Were we in a race? Is Mario Kart my actual life? I'm super glad it wasn't the blue shell.

You’re making me laugh a lot this morning 😂
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

ce4kncr27z71.jpg

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

Wouldn't driving be so much more fun though? "Oh you trying to cut me up?! BANANA SKIN COMING YOUR WAY BISH"

12/10 would write off my car.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Wouldn't driving be so much more fun though? "Oh you trying to cut me up?! BANANA SKIN COMING YOUR WAY BISH"

12/10 would write off my car.

I’m getting a distinct Fried Green Tomatoes vibe from you 😅