What's on your mind?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    I think this place would be alot better if some people would actually take a few minutes to private message people that have issues with instead of being passive aggressive and judgmental.

Another brilliant move by mfp to take away the private message feature, unless amongst friends. We could just tag people and put them on blast. I’ve seen it done here before and it was fine.

It does suck you can't pm random people off the forums. There has been a few times where I've seen someone who just needed a kind word and whilst I did post it publicly it would be nice to send them a private one without having to fr.

if the friend adding feature was more reliable it wouldn't be so bad i think. you could add them, chat, then just unfriend if needed (or stay friends). but sometimes the friend requests just vanish into the ether.

alternatively, you'll just have to live with the fact that while some people need to just vent here sometimes in a more serious way, and maybe a private kind word would help them- you just can't save everyone and they gotta sink or swim on their own.

Not out to save anyone but it would be nice to have the option to say.. hey I saw you're having a bad day and I hope tomorrow is better without adding to an already big fr list 🙂
    But.. it won't be fixed so moot point.

but you can disagree, and the droopy pencil is fixed. Quit complaining.

I really wish we couldn't disagree. It's only caused problems, just like woo. Not that it should cause problems, but it does and it seems like there are enough problems without passive aggressive reaction buttons. I'd actually prefer no reaction buttons at all. Make people say what they think/feel. Start a conversation. That's how we all learn and grow

I completely understand and agree. I'm not sure why the fuss is made over it that is, but I've been accused of being emotionless before so.

Personally, I could care less what gets clicked. It's all points on the big scoreboard. I was pissed when I lost my woo points and apparantly I'm hard to disgree with cuz my scores is laggin.

I'm just gunna Hug the hell out of you today 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 and every day.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    I know as soon as I get a block away from my apartment, Amazon will be delivered.
  • CaliValleyGirl
    CaliValleyGirl Posts: 744 Member
    edited October 2019
    a hot guy said i was an old lady and so now i hate everything

I feel that way when young guys call me ma'am
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member

I don’t know how old you are but you look like you’re in your early twenties.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member

It's just good manners, no harm intended
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member

I call everyone ma’am as well
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    The delicious grilled cheese sandwich I had... and this tomato and pepper soup. Perfect for a dreary, rainy Monday. :heart:
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member

Cowsfan1 wrote: »

A southern man saying ma’am is a whole other thing. 😊
  • slimgirljo15

Obviously he's not the full quid and has eye problems.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    disagree is actually useful unlike woo, due to being less ambiguous- problem is it just has no real place here in the chit chat section i think. if its one of the other sections and someone's posting junk science or bad workout routines it's probably good to have a disagree button there.

here its kinda pointless overall. you can't just "disagree" with some posts because it doesn't make much sense to do it. like "haha i disagree with ur song choices!!" like what?

but. this place is general is somewhat like an old boiler on its last legs, and it's got all these little valves to release the pressure buildup, and if you don't release the pressure it could pop and be overrun with infighting and name-calling. so it very well might be running as intended.

I suppose anyone can disagree with anything, but since it is being monitored it is clear people are using it to just be jerks. If you strongly disagree with someone voice your opinion. If someone is posting junk science explain why it is so that other people are educated. Just my opinion. Disagree with me all day long, but if you don't tell me why then my opinion on something may never change
  • slimgirljo15
    I think this place would be alot better if some people would actually take a few minutes to private message people that have issues with instead of being passive aggressive and judgmental.

Another brilliant move by mfp to take away the private message feature, unless amongst friends. We could just tag people and put them on blast. I’ve seen it done here before and it was fine.

It does suck you can't pm random people off the forums. There has been a few times where I've seen someone who just needed a kind word and whilst I did post it publicly it would be nice to send them a private one without having to fr.

if the friend adding feature was more reliable it wouldn't be so bad i think. you could add them, chat, then just unfriend if needed (or stay friends). but sometimes the friend requests just vanish into the ether.

alternatively, you'll just have to live with the fact that while some people need to just vent here sometimes in a more serious way, and maybe a private kind word would help them- you just can't save everyone and they gotta sink or swim on their own.

Not out to save anyone but it would be nice to have the option to say.. hey I saw you're having a bad day and I hope tomorrow is better without adding to an already big fr list 🙂
    But.. it won't be fixed so moot point.

but you can disagree, and the droopy pencil is fixed. Quit complaining.

I really wish we couldn't disagree. It's only caused problems, just like woo. Not that it should cause problems, but it does and it seems like there are enough problems without passive aggressive reaction buttons. I'd actually prefer no reaction buttons at all. Make people say what they think/feel. Start a conversation. That's how we all learn and grow

I completely understand and agree. I'm not sure why the fuss is made over it that is, but I've been accused of being emotionless before so.

Personally, I could care less what gets clicked. It's all points on the big scoreboard. I was pissed when I lost my woo points and apparantly I'm hard to disgree with cuz my scores is laggin.

I'm just gunna Hug the hell out of you today 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 and every day.

Really Jo?! *kitten* lip service....
    😂🤣😘

z2bejxpdu69g.png

Hugged, squeezed and groped for good measure 😁🤗😘
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I friend people when I feel like I have something very important or hilarious to tell them
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I friend people when I feel like I have something very important or hilarious to tell them

Like potatoes?
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member

Like potatoes?

The secret of potatoes is that...well I can’t say it here. I’ll pm you later
  • George_of_the_Jungle

Like potatoes?

The secret of potatoes is that...well I can’t say it here. I’ll pm you later

All them eyez, can't see a thing
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

How about sir...how is that received