What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Tonight I discovered the value of the food scale (I bought one after all these people on MFP kept insisting you have to have one).

I had an old gallon wine bottle filled with pennies. I wanted to pour them out and cash them in, but it looked like a major pain in the *kitten* to sit there and count them all.

I used my food scale to weigh $1.00. Then I weighed the bag. Then I weighed the rest and subtracted the bags. I divided the total by the weight of $1.00.

Took less than two minutes. Accurate down to a few cents (some of these pennies were ancient with strange crud on them). Tonight I took them to a coin kiosk in a local store and turned them into bills.

My wine jug had $40.03 worth of pennies and I found that out without counting them.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Just thinking about life. Is there really a purpose of it other then paying bills and dying or making kids to keep the so called family tree.

Maybe
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Someone I can't forget even though they hurt me and have decided I am not worthwhile enough to be in their life. Our friendship/companionship/sexual liaison apparently meant more to me than it did them. I wish I could forget, but I find that I cannot. I dwell on the lost connection often.. as I do with so many others that have left, abandoned or hurt me (emotionally) in the past.

Why am I like this? Who knows.

P.S. The raccoon above me is quite charming. Super cute.

++ for raccoons. My childhood buddy had one as a pet, “Rambo.” He was cool.

I get the lost connections thing. I don’t connect with people easily so when I do and lose that, it takes me forever (if that’s even long enough) to let it go. It’s sucks. Sorry you’re wrestling with old memories :/
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Someone I can't forget even though they hurt me and have decided I am not worthwhile enough to be in their life. Our friendship/companionship/sexual liaison apparently meant more to me than it did them. I wish I could forget, but I find that I cannot. I dwell on the lost connection often.. as I do with so many others that have left, abandoned or hurt me (emotionally) in the past.

I get the lost connections thing. I don’t connect with people easily so when I do and lose that, it takes me forever (if that’s even long enough) to let it go. It’s sucks. Sorry you’re wrestling with old memories :/

Yeah, it's been a few years since we last talked. I get why they avoid me, but it still hurts. It's like being slapped across the face and being told that you're pond scum or that you're a bad person somehow for being authentic for how you felt about someone.

I understand that from their perspective, I am avoided for their mental health as I could not provide what was needed, but still.. it kinda sucks. And that seems to be a pattern in my life regardless of what I try or how I may attempt to amend it. It all just.. falls apart.
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Camping

1sjxgzeyhkl4.png
    7r6xn6ctcwsg.png
  • Reckoner68
    Options

Yeah, it's been a few years since we last talked. I get why they avoid me, but it still hurts. It's like being slapped across the face and being told that you're pond scum or that you're a bad person somehow for being authentic for how you felt about someone.

I understand that from their perspective, I am avoided for their mental health as I could not provide what was needed, but still.. it kinda sucks. And that seems to be a pattern in my life regardless of what I try or how I may attempt to amend it. It all just.. falls apart.

A lot of my darkest days revolve around the realization of what knowing me “well” seems to do to people that get close to me. I try not to dwell on that aspect cause it’s a pretty deep and dark spiral that’s tough to get away from, but sometimes the thoughts go that route.

I tell myself that it isn’t true, even if it feels that way most times
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Camping

1sjxgzeyhkl4.png
    7r6xn6ctcwsg.png

Beautiful 5th wheeler..
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Camping

1sjxgzeyhkl4.png
    7r6xn6ctcwsg.png

Beautiful 5th wheeler..

Thanks, my safe place ;)
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

A lot of my darkest days revolve around the realization of what knowing me “well” seems to do to people that get close to me. I try not to dwell on that aspect cause it’s a pretty deep and dark spiral that’s tough to get away from, but sometimes the thoughts go that route.

What do you do when all your days are dark? There are never "light" days for me anymore. Haven't been since I was 18.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Boomers, so glad that meme went mainstream.
  • Reckoner68
    Options

What do you do when all your days are dark? There are never "light" days for me anymore. Haven't been since I was 18.

I don’t honestly know. I’m working with therapy and meds, even lookin into EMDR. Wish I had some good answers but it feels like I’m kinda finding my way through a dark maze with all of this. Been feeling pretty good lately which has been great, but this has been a good time for me every year for the past two or three and if traditions hold I’m gonna hate everything come January/February. I just keep trying, tho my own predilection toward sadness kinda works against me, too
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Camping

1sjxgzeyhkl4.png
    7r6xn6ctcwsg.png

Beautiful 5th wheeler..

Thanks, my safe place ;)

I have a caravan that is mine 🙂
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

I don’t honestly know. I’m working with therapy and meds, even lookin into EMDR. Wish I had some good answers but it feels like I’m kinda finding my way through a dark maze with all of this. Been feeling pretty good lately which has been great, but this has been a good time for me every year for the past two or three and if traditions hold I’m gonna hate everything come January/February. I just keep trying, tho my own predilection toward sadness kinda works against me, too

Ah. Therapy never really worked for me. I have tried before.

Happy that it's working for you, though! :heart:

And yeah, it kinda seems like my "on" mode is permanently set to "sad".
  • Reckoner68
    Options

One of the most real epiphanies I had in the last twelve months wasrealizing I was addicted to sadness. I dunno if it’s cause I can “feel” it but there’s a draw to it. In small doses, it’s strange how it can make me feel good...but then if I sit there too long, it becomes overwhelming. Learning to live with that has been tough but illuminating
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

One of the most real epiphanies I had in the last twelve months wasrealizing I was addicted to sadness. I dunno if it’s cause I can “feel” it but there’s a draw to it. In small doses, it’s strange how it can make me feel good...but then if I sit there too long, it becomes overwhelming. Learning to live with that has been tough but illuminating

I'm not addicted to it, but I just seem unable to escape it... if that makes sense at all.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

Do you find yourself listening to sad, depressing songs often?
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Lack of sleep. I'll be riding the struggle bus today.
    My Dad wants to run errands. Somebody bring me a gallon of coffee.

Permission to come aboard your struggle bus? Running on 4 hours of sleep here