_sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Love. Love is on my mind.

I love you

You are my favorite human ❤
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Luckily, my vision isn't bad cept for reading - and all that wonderfully bright light from the computers (my reading glasses are blue-light tinted to help and my monitors brightness setting is at 0) The joys of being at a computer 10 hrs a day.

I'll have to check into blue-light tints. Never heard of them. Going to Costco in 1-2 wks for new glasses. Maybe that will help. I, too, am at a computer all day, everyday.
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: »
    I was listening to a Ted talk or a YouTube therapist or whatever and they were telling you how to have a good conversation with people. One of the points was that you’re not supposed to listen to someone’s story and then you talk about a time that you did something similar. That’s almost entirely my conversation skills and I’m trying to relate to the other person but apparently that’s bad conversation???? I’m zero percent good at talking to anyone and making friends so I can’t really trust my opinion.

Same. But, as per your Ted Talk advice... I cannot tell you why. :smile: You're probably not as poor at communication as you feel, as I understood what you just said perfectly.
  • TarryTaffy
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Since I finally have all the makings & a pot to cook homemade spaghetti sauce overnight in the oven, I now need the energy to get up & do so... at 11pm. If I do, it's gonna be 1am by the time I'm done. I could also go to bed now & buy some Saltines & fruit preserves, when I'm out tomorrow.
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    Being constantly bombarded by signs/thoughts/feelings that I am never good enough. I flit through life feeling mostly invisible despite activities and things I am involved in. It's an odd and disconcerting feeling, to be sure.

I don't know you at all, so you can completely disregard what I say. But, if you'd never bombard another by telling them they aren't good enough, then never telling yourself that. They don't deserve it... more importantly, neither do you.

Additionally, I think sometimes when we're lonely & having any negative feelings tied up with that, at least for me, we need to remind ourselves that when we isolate ourselves as we don't trust others from past hurts, it really is more like we don't trust ourselves to choose good partners.

Don't know about anyone else, but that came to me today, so is a nice reminder that I & others, tend to keep ourselves at bay, afraid to venture out. To that end, today, I went out. Made a new friend in my bldg. Not a dating prospect, but still... we need to begin somewhere.

Have a good night, All.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    I need a time travelling machine
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    is xmas over yet?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I need a time travelling machine

@amorfati601070

when & where would you go ??

I'd go back to 1969 and bet the house on the NY Mets.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    is xmas over yet?

Sadly not
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Celery
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    That cold shower felt great.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    British television ROCKS. Am watching Botched up bodies whilst working and OMG ... It's extremely RAW. Certainly not the US Botched.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Christmas dinner menu. I need to start planning.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Approx. 3 weeks after stepping on that patch of sea urchins, my feet are still sore and I can still feel the spots where the thicker urchin needles still are. Might be necessary to dig in with a metal needle and start digging them out.

I got two of them out about 1.5 weeks ago..

628qau64yxgc.jpg

Aren't you supposed to soak your feet in vinegar to dissolve the spikes?
    ETA: I don't think you are supposed to dig them out.