What's on your mind?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Eh - nvm

We don't play that game here, Sir. SPEAK!

My oldest is pregnant- and I’m having a hard time processing it - she’s 18 - just started college - is still a kid herself - ive made it clear I love her no matter what and will support her however I can - but I’m just so disappointed- idk like I said I’m having a hard time processing -

I'm here if you need/want to vent.

Hugs
    Eh - nvm

My oldest is pregnant- and I’m having a hard time processing it - she’s 18 - just started college - is still a kid herself - ive made it clear I love her no matter what and will support her however I can - but I’m just so disappointed- idk like I said I’m having a hard time processing -

You’re going to be her rock and her safe place.❤️
    Eh - nvm

Having been there, I can tell you that that child will light up your life. It's no tragedy, just the opposite. It's a gift. I cannot tell you how many people I know that are over 65 and want grandchildren desperately. Their children don't have partners, or won't have children---want to travel, be free, etc. You are lucky, my friend. Hug that daughter tight and give her all the support you can. You'll never regret it.
    Eh - nvm

Having been there, I can tell you that that child will light up your life. It's no tragedy, just the opposite. It's a gift. I cannot tell you how many people I know that are over 65 and want grandchildren desperately. Their children don't have partners, or won't have children---want to travel, be free, etc. You are lucky, my friend. Hug that daughter tight and give her all the support you can. You'll never regret it.

So much this Rob @cowsfan12 .. I know its hard to get your head around ..I was in both positions.. your daughters and yours.. I never thought I'd be a grandparent at 36.
    My first thoughts were not of disappointment but.. right.. it is what it is, how do we move forward
    . 12 years later.. I have a gd that lights up my life
    like I never thought possible, my daughter did
    further education and has a great job.

This is not the end of her life just a different
    direction to one you'd envisioned for her. With love and support she can still do great things 🙂

Rob.. the day you see that sweet little baby's face.. the day you meet your grandson or granddaughter will become one of the happiest moments of your life.. promise. 🤗💜
    Anytime you wanna talk, Im here 🙂

Thanks friends - sometimes it easier to get chit out to a bunch of internet strangers ya know - I know all will be ok - and the kid is my blood so of course I’ll ride or die and love the hell outta him/her - but it is a shock indeed - bright side the kid will have a bada SS grandpa - dafaq - that’s already crazy to say -

You'll make a fantastic grandpa 🤗 just think of all the things you'll be able to teach him/ her.. .. oh wait a minute, that could be good or bad 😂🤭
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    So that’s fun
    9fkxcy8k7kk6.jpeg
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    So that’s fun
    9fkxcy8k7kk6.jpeg

Sounds exciting
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,187 Member
    Why is this bruise on my wrist so nasty. Hurts like heck and looks gross
    So that’s fun
    9fkxcy8k7kk6.jpeg

I had to read that like 5 times to figure out how the light was related to the clot
  • Alinouveau2
    Should I just go to the rink early and have a muffin before skating? Or sit here and wait
  • TwitchyMagee
    So that’s fun
    9fkxcy8k7kk6.jpeg

Sounds exciting

Looks like I’ll be running home to do my business
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Eh - nvm

I'm here if you need/want to vent.

Hugs
    Eh - nvm

You’re going to be her rock and her safe place.❤️
    Eh - nvm

Eh - nvm

So much this Rob @cowsfan12 .. I know its hard to get your head around ..I was in both positions.. your daughters and yours.. I never thought I'd be a grandparent at 36.
    My first thoughts were not of disappointment but.. right.. it is what it is, how do we move forward
    . 12 years later.. I have a gd that lights up my life
    like I never thought possible, my daughter did
    further education and has a great job.

This is not the end of her life just a different
    direction to one you'd envisioned for her. With love and support she can still do great things 🙂

Rob.. the day you see that sweet little baby's face.. the day you meet your grandson or granddaughter will become one of the happiest moments of your life.. promise. 🤗💜
    Anytime you wanna talk, Im here 🙂

Thanks friends - sometimes it easier to get chit out to a bunch of internet strangers ya know - I know all will be ok - and the kid is my blood so of course I’ll ride or die and love the hell outta him/her - but it is a shock indeed - bright side the kid will have a bada SS grandpa - dafaq - that’s already crazy to say -

I'm sorry I didn't have time to properly address this yesterday, my comments feel cold as I reflect back.

Even though your hopes and dreams of your daughter's future may now be gone, both of your futures will be different, but it doesn’t mean life will be worse. Life and people can often be surprising and becoming a grandpa will absolutely be one of your greatest joys in life.

As shocked and disappointed you must feel, imagine how scared she must be. You have the love to support her...and YOU.

Sending you both a supportive hug. ♥️
  • TwitchyMagee
    So that’s fun
    9fkxcy8k7kk6.jpeg

My goodness our maintenance people are awesome. Less than an hour later it’s all fixed.
  • cowsfan12
    So that’s fun
    9fkxcy8k7kk6.jpeg

My goodness our maintenance people are awesome. Less than an hour later it’s all fixed.

Well you can’t beat that with a stick !
  • cowsfan12
    edited October 2022
    @Peachesnstuff

Thank you - also I didn’t take your comment as cold at all - I know you 😉

Tried to quote but it got all messed up so tagged instead
  • FeastRepeat
    FeastRepeat Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited October 2022
    Eh - nvm

Hey Rob. As the father of a daughter, this hit me hard. I can only imagine the gut punch this was for you. Obviously, a challenging situation, but I know this will turn out to be a blessing. I am sure your daughter is disappointed in herself and scared. She needs you, and I know you will be there.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Eh - nvm

Hey Rob. As the father of a daughter, this hit me hard. I can only imagine the gut punch this was for you. Obviously, a challenging situation, but I know this will turn out to be a blessing. I am sure your daughter is disappointed in herself and scared. She needs you, and I know you will be there.

I'm really happy you chimed in here with a Father's perspective. I didn't feel comfortable responding from a Mother's pov because I'm sure it hits differently.
  • Alinouveau2
    My soups I'm making

And do I want to go to a show next week
  • cowsfan12
    Eh - nvm

Hey Rob. As the father of a daughter, this hit me hard. I can only imagine the gut punch this was for you. Obviously, a challenging situation, but I know this will turn out to be a blessing. I am sure your daughter is disappointed in herself and scared. She needs you, and I know you will be
    there.

Thanks my dude -

• Alinouveau2
    I didn't want to have to change before going out to get the boy but since I decided to make rolls and get flour all over my black leggings and shirt it looks like I'm changing. Ugh
  • TwitchyMagee
    Pine sol recall
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Pine sol recall

this is why i only use fire to sanitize things
  • TwitchyMagee
    Pine sol recall

this is why i only use fire to sanitize things
    It’s a good trick but I can only do it once.

Also in a battle between chlorine bleach and pseudomonas, who would win?

Seriously though, 120 degree water kills most germs.
  • Peachesnstuff
    I get my rocks off watching people in the car behind me throw up their hands and shake their heads in annoyance when I don't run the yellow light
  • TwitchyMagee
    I get my rocks off watching people in the car behind me throw up their hands and shake their heads in annoyance when I don't run the yellow light

tmi