What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I found out today that, with the exception of one woman who has already read 50 books since the start of the year, nobody I work with reads.

Even the former and current English majors hadn’t read Huckleberry Finn, The Awakening, The Hobbit, Lolita, Catcher in the Rye, The Jungle. They know what wiki has to say about some of them and they’ve watched excerpts of film adaptations of course so I’m sure it’s fine.

Same here. Including one who’s going for a second masters. They all just say “I don’t really read”.

I have the least amount of education amongst all of them (high school diploma, trade school diploma) and I’m the only one who reads. But I love to read.

It’s strange to me because I remember when people at least pretended to like reading. It’s as if it isn’t even considered an honorable thing anymore
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love my books.
    I have old books from my grandfather.
    I will never give them up.

ml0xx3hau03y.jpeg

is that your Gpa? i LOVE this pic M.....
  • mi_nina_lola
    Options
    I found out today that, with the exception of one woman who has already read 50 books since the start of the year, nobody I work with reads.

Even the former and current English majors hadn’t read Huckleberry Finn, The Awakening, The Hobbit, Lolita, Catcher in the Rye, The Jungle. They know what wiki has to say about some of them and they’ve watched excerpts of film adaptations of course so I’m sure it’s fine.

as someone who reads a book every week or two - i find this so disappointing. however - lit was my minor in university and i've always been a geek. i'm talking about a tangible - IN YOUR HAND book. my daughter is an avid reader , which i'm very happy about. and my best friend of umpteen years is as much of a bookworm as i am.

because i'm not able to work anymore due to health stuffs- books are my big escape. feel free to add me
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I love my books.

ml0xx3hau03y.jpeg

is that your Gpa? i LOVE this pic M.....

No
    Twilight Zone episode 😀
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Same here. Including one who’s going for a second masters. They all just say “I don’t really read”.

I have the least amount of education amongst all of them (high school diploma, trade school diploma) and I’m the only one who reads. But I love to read.

It’s strange to me because I remember when people at least pretended to like reading. It’s as if it isn’t even considered an honorable thing anymore

I have noticed that those free games on cell phones have replaced Kindles on my subway ride to work.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Bf went into a house that had a fire..... and rescued a dog. ❤
    Then gets upset that anyone recognize that action as anything more than stupid.
    The man has a heart bigger than the state we live in. ❤🥰❤
    I adore him.

Is this your first public post about him? MFP official? This is serious.

And he is pretty great ❤️
  • mi_nina_lola
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Bf went into a house that had a fire..... and rescued a dog. ❤
    Then gets upset that anyone recognize that action as anything more than stupid.
    The man has a heart bigger than the state we live in. ❤🥰❤
    I adore him.

i will relove this. thank you tinak33 BF
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    How did I get so lucky
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Mr Rogers was. Genuinely good dude yo. Watched the biopic - and saw the hbo doc - more peeps should be like mr fuggin Rogers yo

Would you like to be my neighbor
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I love my books.

ml0xx3hau03y.jpeg

You know how that episode of the Twilight Zone ends, right?
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I love my books.

ml0xx3hau03y.jpeg

You know how that episode of the Twilight Zone ends, right?

I have almost as many pairs of glasses as books.
    I’m prepared, lol. 🤓
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Mr Rogers was. Genuinely good dude yo. Watched the biopic - and saw the hbo doc - more peeps should be like mr fuggin Rogers yo

Would you like to be my neighbor

Won’t you be my neighbor
  • honeybee__12
    Options
    What a metamorphosis

arhis3ox7muf.jpeg

t6jmp5pxujul.jpeg

qa1ta7olyow1.jpeg
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Doing nothing is very hard to do because you never know when the task is completed.