What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Oh why did I have to look at that cake. I’ll obsess about it for hours...

Me too. :/ Looks like it tastes really yummy!! Is that cream cheese frosting? I want some cream cheese frosting right now, or peanut butter frosting. :blush:

If you're talking about my cake, yes. It's cream cheese frosting. I used this recipe if you want to make it for yourself, but.. it takes awhile to assemble.
    https://foodfolksandfun.net/cheesecake-factory-red-velvet-cheesecake-cake-recipe/#wprm-recipe-container-15653

Enjoy. ;)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Oh why did I have to look at that cake. I’ll obsess about it for hours...

Me too. :/ Looks like it tastes really yummy!! Is that cream cheese frosting? I want some cream cheese frosting right now, or peanut butter frosting. :blush:

If you're talking about my cake, yes. It's cream cheese frosting. I used this recipe if you want to make it for yourself, but.. it takes awhile to assemble.
    https://foodfolksandfun.net/cheesecake-factory-red-velvet-cheesecake-cake-recipe/#wprm-recipe-container-15653

Enjoy. ;)

Thank you!! Pinned and am drooling over it! :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    rdmr1rf1j9va.jpeg

okay.... that's hitting just a lil' too close to home.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    I had to make a very hard decision today. I'm heartbroken but it's what's best for my kids and I.

Oh man. That's hard. I hope you're all ok.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I had to make a very hard decision today. I'm heartbroken but it's what's best for my kids and I.

:(<3
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I am bummed out. Had a great day eating BBQ and playing games at the arcade. Came home to find a dead cat in our driveway. He doesn't appear to have been hit or beaten.. in fact, it looks as though someone carefully placed him in my driveway.

I cried over the loss even though yes, he is a stray. My husband doesn't seem to understand why it gets to me. So now, I'm depressed. We can't just dump the body in the trash and now security on base is wasting a Sunday asking around as to the ownership of the cat.

I’m sorry. I understand why it hurts. 24 years ago I saw a dead kitten in the weeds beside an old cemetery. I cried but was comforted when the man I was with cried with me.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am bummed out. Had a great day eating BBQ and playing games at the arcade. Came home to find a dead cat in our driveway. He doesn't appear to have been hit or beaten.. in fact, it looks as though someone carefully placed him in my driveway.

I cried over the loss even though yes, he is a stray. My husband doesn't seem to understand why it gets to me. So now, I'm depressed. We can't just dump the body in the trash and now security on base is wasting a Sunday asking around as to the ownership of the cat.

right before i found my first apartment, i was staying with a friend in a sketchy part of the city. i came back to her place one night, and a cat had been impaled on a wrought iron fence in front of the house. i was shocked senseless and ran up to my roomie to tell her what happened. we were so horrified.

i'm so sorry that you - of all people - had to come home to that. it's devastating when death happens naturally to animals in any case, but when circumstances are bizarre - it's indeed traumatic.

sending you a hug and hoping they find out how this cat was on your driveway...
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    wgp1z9qjhlke.jpg

Yes. Often. It sucks.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

I feel sad just imagining this. I'm so sad you had to go through it. I don't get why someone placed him on your driveway though, unless they hit him near there and thought he was yours. Regardless, it's hard to see an animal like that - especially if you love cats. Big hugs
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    wgp1z9qjhlke.jpg

Yuh.. it's even worse because it's almost always a person I shouldn't *kitten* miss.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Hope you're ok. 😞
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Nope, no, no way, can’t do it,

xd4vfdgyef4p.jpeg
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

xd4vfdgyef4p.jpeg

Love you Honey!!
    reminds me, (I've been a veggie since the dawn of time)...my cousin always stares directly at me when eating lobster - it's creepy weird - she cracks it, and looks directly at me
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

xd4vfdgyef4p.jpeg

my cousin always stares directly at me when eating lobster - it's creepy weird - she cracks it, and looks directly at me

giphy.gif