What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    When someone is mad at you but you aren’t mad back, are you supposed to act mad anyway? Like never address them and give them the cold shoulder? Or do you treat them like you normally would? Do they perceive that as disingenuous? What is the socially acceptable thing to do? Which is more/less aggravating to you if you’re the aggrieved party? I never know how to handle this

If it's a chi... Excuse me, women 😏...
    I usually just think it's hella funny and all adorable 🥰...

If it's a Dude...
    I usually just think he's being a girl 🤷🏽‍♂️...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I have conflict hangover.

I’ve realized that there’s a reason I let people push me around rather than get into it with them. Sticking up for yourself is exhausting. Establishing boundaries might pay off in the long run, but it’s mentally taxing because it requires difficult, in-person conversations in which I’m easily railroaded, talked down to, or interrupted. Quietly dealing with someone’s disrespect was something I could do all by myself without ever having to have a conversation with anyone.

Having said that, I know that no change comes without discomfort.. but I do understand now that my passiveness was self-care of a different kind.

source.gif
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

I’ve realized that there’s a reason I let people push me around rather than get into it with them. Sticking up for yourself is exhausting. Establishing boundaries might pay off in the long run, but it’s mentally taxing because it requires difficult, in-person conversations in which I’m easily railroaded, talked down to, or interrupted. Quietly dealing with someone’s disrespect was something I could do all by myself without ever having to have a conversation with anyone.

Having said that, I know that no change comes without discomfort.. but I do understand now that my passiveness was self-care of a different kind.

That’s very self reflective of you. Not many people posses that strength. I definitely relate to the feeling of being pushed beyond my boundaries. For me personally it’s to avoid confrontation. What I have learnt is that many of the times in such circumstances, it’s my own irrational fears that are holding me back.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

♥️ i literally ran away from home to avoid confronting people who kinda run over me but tbh i think its for the best bc some people are just like that

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options

♥️ i literally ran away from home to avoid confronting people who kinda run over me but tbh i think its for the best bc some people are just like that

Definitely. The person in my life is my mil. She’s also my neighbor so I can’t escape it.
  • CacoEther
    Options

That’s very self reflective of you. Not many people posses that strength. I definitely relate to the feeling of being pushed beyond my boundaries. For me personally it’s to avoid confrontation. What I have learnt is that many of the times in such circumstances, it’s my own irrational fears that are holding me back.

Confrontation is worse than just taking the abuse more often than not for me 😅
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Definitely. The person in my life is my mil. She’s also my neighbor so I can’t escape it.

This is one of my favorite songs... Thought you'd appreciate it... 💕

https://youtu.be/_VdXyuIqG7o
  • CacoEther
    Options

This is one of my favorite songs... Thought you'd appreciate it... 💕

https://youtu.be/_VdXyuIqG7o

Haaaa
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I just ate some "sausage" that has no meat in it and where it has the essence of meat flavor it's not even close. I think the only meat that no meat substitutes could ever hope to get close to would be fish. The texture is more similar.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Eff me. I just dropped Purple Heart and wenge boards behind the finished wall in the garage.

Guess I’m testing it out and replacing it. 🤬😡
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    When you misunderstand someone’s question and end up sharing way more than they signed up for 😂

.... and you think you have problems, lady ?

who exactly is going to clean up this mess ??

(it's the maid's day off.)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Eff me. I just dropped Purple Heart and wenge boards behind the finished wall in the garage.

Ut oh.. 😒

Wenge is fairly toxic right?
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    this behavior is not very ps5 of you
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    When someone is mad at you but you aren’t mad back, are you supposed to act mad anyway? Like never address them and give them the cold shoulder? Or do you treat them like you normally would? Do they perceive that as disingenuous? What is the socially acceptable thing to do? Which is more/less aggravating to you if you’re the aggrieved party? I never know how to handle this

personally, i’m always down for a fight. to get yourself in the mood just think back to all the perceived slights youve ever got from them, and even mix up those memories with any other bad history u have with other people bc dragging your demons along for the ride really makes it escalate nicely imo

This sounds exhausting, can i drink first or is that a bad idea

Lol....it DOES sound exhausting! And sometimes I forget what they even did. Unless it’s really bad. Or repeated. Then eventually I stop caring. And then it’s all over for good. And I can never get it back again.
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

Ut oh.. 😒

Wenge is fairly toxic right?

They are both really expensive. ☹️
    I don’t know if it’s toxic. That may explain a lot of things if it is.