What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    KickTheSky wrote: »
    Good news: just received word that our cancelled Elton John concert from May was rescheduled.

Covid news: to Feb 8th, 2022

How old will Elton John be then? 1000 ?
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    hrichts wrote: »
    Today I learned that theee most painful surgery a human can have is one to their heel.

And having just stepped my heel down on a tiny rock in my garage, I can confirm that it’s probably definitely true

My friend had heel surgery cause he broke/cracked it falling off a ladder. He fell like straight down. Ugh. He has so many pins in his heel. It was so gross. Back to normal now though!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,029 Member
    Options
    I have never in my life seen someone come and go so much.
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Today I learned that theee most painful surgery a human can have is one to their heel.

And having just stepped my heel down on a tiny rock in my garage, I can confirm that it’s probably definitely true

My friend had heel surgery cause he broke/cracked it falling off a ladder. He fell like straight down. Ugh. He has so many pins in his heel. It was so gross. Back to normal now though!

My sister’s boyfriend had the same thing happen! He stepped off a ladder wrong and shattered it. His recovery took forever
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My brain feels all tangled and fried; now my feet hurt too. That's what I get for trying to keep up with everybody's posts.
    All I've learned about space comes from UncleMac's Spaceman Spiff, from Calvin and Hobbes and EJ's Rocket Man. :)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

I once got a shot in my heel to numb it so I could have a piece of glass removed...

The shot was by far the most painful thing I have ever experienced... Way more than my abdominal hernia
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    There's something beeping in my house and I looked everywhere and can't find what it is. It's driving me nuts.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I just read an inspirational quote that said: "If you can dream it, you can achieve it !!"

The womanz who posted this.... she obviously hasn't spent much time in my dreams.

Dang, I hope I don't achieve meeting the shape-shifting dog monster whos mouth I shoved my head into to while trapped in a lucid world where my legs are partially paralyzed and a bunch of rowdy hooligans with sinister intent have invaded my 100th story apartment, and my only "save" is when the black cat jumps on my back and digs its claws into me...(the shiny slick dog monster then retreats into a paper surface)...but the hooligans are still there preventing me from crawling to the door, and when the cat jumps off my back, they just have to tear the paper that the dog-demon retreated to to summon it again.

Epic dream 10/10
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    I just read an inspirational quote that said: "If you can dream it, you can achieve it !!"

The womanz who posted this.... she obviously hasn't spent much time in my dreams.

Dang, I hope I don't achieve meeting the shape-shifting dog monster whos mouth I shoved my head into to while trapped in a lucid world where my legs are partially paralyzed and a bunch of rowdy hooligans with sinister intent have invaded my 100th story apartment, and my only "save" is when the black cat jumps on my back and digs its claws into me...(the shiny slick dog monster then retreats into a paper surface)...but the hooligans are still there preventing me from crawling to the door, and when the cat jumps off my back, they just have to tear the paper that the dog-demon retreated to to summon it again.

Epic dream 10/10

Im often a lucid, vivid dreamer
    When I try to sleep in for the past while - they get like 'stressful' somehow - always lucid to some extent tho, so are engaging too

Had a mfp people one last week - was a tragic, strange train-wreck
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,029 Member
    Options
    There's something beeping in my house and I looked everywhere and can't find what it is. It's driving me nuts.

Sorry....it was my phone. You didn’t check under your bed.😈😏
  • Yoshiboobs
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

Epic dream 10/10

Im often a lucid, vivid dreamer
    When I try to sleep in for the past while - they get like 'stressful' somehow - always lucid to some extent tho, so are engaging too

Had a mfp people one last week - was a tragic, strange train-wreck

Let’s hear it! 👂🏻
  • Yoshiboobs
    Options
    Pho literally revives me. Every time I die I spoon some in my mouth with my last bit of strength and I live to see another day.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Speaking of dreams, yikes. I often don't remember mine but a nightmare woke me up about 11:30 last night and I couldn't go back to sleep for the longest time. I was in a group of women who were being raped and he'd picked 2 of us every night, while violently abusing us or even murdering us if we weren't being who he wanted us to be. :( It was way out there and I have no clue where it came from. But the feelings leftover from it felt real. Glad my dogs sleep with me.

Now, onto happier thoughts. :neutral:
  • Minion_training_program
    Options
    My turn,

Have we become less happy in this age of technology?
    No, just more distracted

Is love simply physical desire or something more?
    Love can absolutely exist w/o desire. You must not have kids

What is true friendship?
    Knowing that person always has your back and no matter how long its been since you talked, its always easy when you finally do again

Why do we strive for perfection if it is not attainable?
    Not all of us do. But those that strive for it are looking for purpose, nothing wrong with that.

Can life be meaningful without friends?
    Mine is

Does an ideal government exist?
    Ideal? Absolutely. Perfect? No. (see previous perfection answer)

Does free will exist, or is every action predetermined?
    I don't think there is enough room here to really discuss the philosophies involved

Are we a minuscule part of intelligent life in the universe?
    Yes.

Does belief make God exist?
    Yes

Are we the biggest threat to humanity?
    Yes, but potentially also the greatest salvation.

Do parallel universes exist?
    Yes.

Will racism cease to exist?
    We can only hope, but I'm doubtful.

Will the world be a better place if caste and religion cease to exist?
    Well those are two very different things, but yes to both. As long as spiritually remains.

Do we love ourselves more in the virtual world and less in the real world?
    Only if we are doing it right.

Will the world come to an end by human hands?
    No, but that doesn't mean we won't *kitten* it up enough to make it uninhabitable.

Is true beauty subjective or objective?
    Subjective, duh.

If all the currencies in the world did not have monetary value, would our world be a much better place?
    I started to answer this and it got too long so short answer is, no.

Why do we throw away food when we know people are dying of hunger?
    Because world hunger is not affected by waste as much as distribution.

@Joy_stick79
    I really like your answers, but now it makes me curious what you was writing for the second last one...
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else a fan of Cabaret Voltaire?
    Has anyone heard of Cabaret Voltaire?
  • piggy_smalls
    piggy_smalls Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    The value of drywall.