Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's on your mind?

Replies

• Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 8,308 Member Member Posts: 8,308 Member
    We're watching Dumb and Dumber because just when I thought we couldn't get any dumber we totally redeem ourselves. :p
    edited October 18
    @steph6556 Have you had any random thoughts, lately. What's goin' on over there in your corner of the world? Are the fires all out.

edited October 18
  • steph6556steph6556 Member Posts: 258 Member Member Posts: 258 Member
    @Diatonic12, the “big concern” of the moment is my dog chewin his left back paws like they’re made of liver and all things beefy and delicious! The paw is in his mouth like a chicken bone and the vet appointment isn’t till Monday. They’re gonna be hairless by then! He doesn’t seem to mind that they’re attached to him! What’s new over there? You’ve always got somethin good brewing over there. How’s Maw?
  • hawkeye45_hawkeye45_ Member Posts: 706 Member Member Posts: 706 Member
    Some people juggle geese.
  • Princessp378Princessp378 Member Posts: 257 Member Member Posts: 257 Member
    atcs1o8fudy5.png
    Sleep 😂
    edited October 18
    @steph6556

Maw went to the beauty shop to have her hair fixed. She wore her protective gear but it worked out just fine. She looks great and she feels so much better.

Sounds like your dog has some internal pain. My vet is a horsewoman that goes back for generations. All of her kin have been around since the 1800's. She could look your dog over and figure it right out. She's well-respected. This tiny woman handles horses, mules and all matter of livestock. Cats, dogs, birds.... I hope your vet can figure this out. The food thing, how does your dog like the new food? My vet says whatever you do don't you dare give your dog that ole'R.R. brand from the big box store. I don't. You'll have to let us know how it all turns out. You should hear her voice, it's cowboy and western all the way.

The fires must be settling down because we don't see anything in the atmosphere. It's hunting season around here and everyone is off doing that. We had 70 mph hour winds yesterday and snow this morning. The first snowfall of the year.

We try to cue up some movies that make us laugh. It's good medicine. Too many of the older ones are dropping like flies. We especially like the part about john denver. That man caused more pesky tourists to come out this way more than anything else. Everyone wants to be on a Rocky Mountain High.

Keep your head UP. Maw says stay sweet and act pretty. We know you will. o:)

edited October 18
  • kinetixtrainer2kinetixtrainer2 Member Posts: 6,045 Member Member Posts: 6,045 Member
    atcs1o8fudy5.png
    Sleep 😂

🤔what did you have to google to find that?

Don’t threaten me with a good time 😂
    atcs1o8fudy5.png
    Sleep 😂

🤔what did you have to google to find that?

Don’t threaten me with a good time 😂

I plead the fifth. 😝
    atcs1o8fudy5.png
    Sleep 😂

I tried to see what you googled but this is all I got. 🙊ydwrlbh494t6.jpg

😂🤣😂🤣
  • kinetixtrainer2kinetixtrainer2 Member Posts: 6,045 Member Member Posts: 6,045 Member
    atcs1o8fudy5.png
    Sleep 😂

I tried to see what you googled but this is all I got. 🙊ydwrlbh494t6.jpg

😂 I appreciate the effort T!
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,505 Member Member Posts: 2,505 Member
    @Diatonic12
    Wish I had your vet. I'm pretty disappointed with mine and with Covid plus my old-time vet retiring, I feel like I don't get answers anymore. Part of the problem is they're combining our 2 local vets and putting them under 1 roof because both practices were bought out. Maybe that'll eventually be a good thing though; I'll try the other vet that comes with the consolidation of businesses.
    I should've stayed in bed. Bananas really weren't worth all this.
    @ReenieHJ I would rather go to this vet for myself than many other places. She's brilliant when it comes to critters and people. She knows when it's going to be a really difficult diagnosis without myriads of testing. When people travel long distances to visit with their pets it pushes their animals to the breaking point. They'll go to her on an emergency basis and she'll break the bad news. They fall apart and become sick at heart. She deals. So many pets never make it back home and it happens over and over and over again.

She has big therapy dogs and cats around the office. I run over there and sit on an old wooden bench just to play with the animals. Dogs are stress and shock absorbers but they can only handle so much at a time or it makes them sick, too. These big dogs know exactly what you need. The apples don't fall from the tree.

I wool them around and bury my head in their fur. Sometimes, I'm crying but when I leave there I feel like I'm running on all cylinders again. Paw always taught us that extremes beget extremes. Extreme weather will bring a vehicle to its breaking point. Extreme heat or extreme cold. That's when everything will apart. Radiators, spark plugs, battery and so on. It's the same with critters and people. We can only handle so much at one time.

• PlentyofProtein00PlentyofProtein00 Member Posts: 1,830 Member Member Posts: 1,830 Member

I've found chocolate covered bananas are always worth it.

I've found chocolate covered bananas are always worth it.

Maybe I should go back? 🤔
    There's something going on here and what it is, I ain't exactly sure.

@brustmannzwei Did you make it to the Loveless Cafe in Nashville. Did you go to Dollywood or drive through the Smoky Mountains. You had all of the girls swooning and some of them are crying now because you've runn oft.
    I choose to forgive for leaving these women hanging by a thread :p but you're gone and some are pretty sad over it.

@slimgirljo15 is the boss around these here parts. She's the Ranch Foreman because she's always, always a voice of reason. I submit to whatever she says goes. I only know her from afar but she's got the biggest heart around. She always gives everyone a shoulder and a second chance. I just love the smithereens right out of her like another sister.

I'm not a material girl. Words matter more to me because they're very powerful. What's goin' on?

• brustmannzweibrustmannzwei Member Posts: 1,124 Member Member Posts: 1,124 Member
    Thanks, @Diatonic12, I I’m taking time to chillax while moving and reflecting. I’ve been in a mood and it’s best I refrain from posting.

I did not make it to the cafe but it sounded familiar. After checking expanse reports I was there about a year and a half ago. The hot chicken was clutch.

Working on a contract now. If we win it I’ll be back in the area and want to go back and check out Hattie’s.